teamster Corruption

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Teamster Corruption

Federal Oversight

Because of Teamster corruption and influence from organized crime,the federal government in 1989 began the oversight of Teamster affairs and elections which continues today. The costly oversight is paid
for with dues from Teamster members.

Failure to Enforce Constitution

In 1999, the Teamsters hired Edwin Stier, a former federal prosecutor, to help the union get out from under government oversight. Stier and his team of twenty investigators and lawyers resigned in April 2004
charging that Teamster President Jim Hoffa interfered with anticorruption efforts and failed to enforce the Teamsters’ Constitution.

Organized Crime

In his resignation letter, Stier said,â€￾ In spite of our efforts to convince General President Jim Hoffa to remain committed to fighting corruption, I have concluded that he has backed away from the Teamsters’ anti-corruption plan in the face of pressure from a few self interested individuals. Based upon Jim Hoffa’s reaction to our report, in which we have made it clear that we have substantial reliable information that organized crime again threatens the union, I have become convinced that my continued efforts and those of our investigators to create an anti-corruption program for the Teamsters Union would be futile.â€￾

The Teamsters and corruption go hand in hand, and their members are the ones who lose.

teamster Corruption

Never been controlled by the mafia nor been taken over by the government.

Never had pension money taken to build Las Vegas.

Never attacked 22 defenseless members of another union...ooops, forgot about that.

Keep making me smile 700!

Ah see your ignorance is showing.

The ibt leads all unions in member to member violence.

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is America's most violent union, with 1,456 reported acts of violence since 1975.

Among the Teamsters' recorded acts of violence detailed in the Institute's Violent Event Data File are 993 examples of property damage and 959 instances of personal injury in 45 different states.

Quit while you are behind.

7 all we see is your blind iam faith and iam BS and no debate for the truth, This also shows why the iam has to hide from its members and the reality of its failures.(The condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends: the failure of an experiment.
One that fails: a failure at one's career.
The condition or fact of being insufficient or falling short: a crop failure.
A cessation of proper functioning or performance: a power failure.
Nonperformance of what is requested or expected; omission: failure to report a change of address.
The act or fact of failing to pass a course, test, or assignment.
A decline in strength or effectiveness.
The act or fact of becoming bankrupt or insolvent.
LOL. :up:

ALL THE IAM WILL HAVE IS SCABS AND AT BEST THE BLIND like you................................ :rolleyes: B)

The act or fact of becoming bankrupt or insolvent.
LOL.
lol so true.......LOL

Yeah but the IAM has been taken over by Big Business, which, after all, controls government.

And don't be too quick at pointing fingers as some IAM officials have been busted dipping into pension money illegally. I'll post that info at another time. For sure it is public though and anyong willing to 'dig for it' on the internet can find it. One thing is certain, as long as the funds are not controlled or held by workers, then whoever controls them is at risk of breaking the law. And please don't say it can't happen.

Besides, 700, the IBT actually has a better track record than the IAM. I remember reading tons of profanities on an anti-IAM page that listed historical facts about the IAM and racism, corruption, etc. I'm sure I have it archived but I'm not going to dig it up at this time. I did glance over at unionfacts.org which someone posted on this site and I remember tons of injustices the IAM did. Even on 141 property, your local and the DL141 violated worker rights and the Department of Justice had to be brought in to clean things up. Your local cried all the way to Buffy and Buffy stood by your local. Thankfully, the DOJ saw it differently as myself and others had a part in 'cleaning things up."

If you want to complain about the IBT then I think you are playing tic tac toe and nobody is going to win that conversation since both organizations have had their share of dark sides. Stick to the issues and stop trying to grind your ax against IBT things that never happened on the property. Besides, 700, I have been told that it is doubtful that the IBT will be able to force an election with the mechanics so this is a moot point, why bring it up?

regards,

Come on and post it now, the IAM Pension Plan is a seperate entity, not run by the IAM, more mudslinging Tim?

Sorry the Department of Justice has never been to my local nor had to clean it up, keep spreading more lies, Tim.

There was a Department of Labor Investigation on timely notification of an election. The District reran an election, that is it.

Why do you keep posting lies and misinformation?

Guess you cant be credible.

You make this too easy to show the board how you are now becoming the master of misinformation.

And to AWA, is that the best you can do?

Sorry lavs have been outsourced, make sure you have the right part # before you need it.

Rumors are rumors Bob.

I go by facts, the ibt has been taken over by the government before, several past Presidents are criminals.

If you want to accuse or label, provide us with true information and not rumors.

Rumors are rumors Bob.

I go by facts, the ibt has been taken over by the government before, several past Presidents are criminals.

If you want to accuse or label, provide us with true information and not rumors.

ROFL.......yea right you go by facts. I believe the one who says, "you are running scared 7" is the one to believe. Stirring the pot again 7?

Were are you dell? Your mentor is up and running again. ROFL. Have fun 7. :)

Running scared?

Not me I am right here, unlike you who is in hit and run mode these days.

Glad to see you cant really add any factual information nor debate.

Just another hit and run attack and insult.

Sorry I am not the one who let the mafia takeover the ibt nor had the Federal Government have to take over it.

I am not the one who made your past Presidents do criminal acts.

Latest posts