teamsters file at us air

The IAM and US just finished a session last week, the company is not moving off their economic package, US and the IAM have had two sessions since they asked for a release, the asking of a release did not stop negotiations.

http://www.iamdl142.org/Bulletins/2013/USA_2013_MandR-48.pdf

The IAM and US just finished a session last week, the company is not moving off their economic package, US and the IAM have had two sessions since they asked for a release, the asking of a release did not stop negotiations.

http://www.iamdl142.org/Bulletins/2013/USA_2013_MandR-48.pdf

Ok I stand corrected from my last post, thanks...

Looks like the playing field just became more interesting. The minority is having a major impact on wages and benefits thru out the aviation industry. Amfa has been managements best tool for years and now we can add the IBT to this category.

Just think what the majority could achieve if these organizations would spend the members hard earned money on organizing the un-organized, re-educate the population and find a way to work together? The membership monies are here to help achieve a better working environment!! I thought?

Fighting amongst ourselves is NOT what Unions are about!!! Somewhere along the way many have forgotten the true meaning of Solidarity!! Looks like the ME attitude is here to stay!!! Unfortunately!!!............... GOD help us all .......................

In Solidarity,
CIO

You my friend are the biggest tool, but come on down for a burger today and meet some real union men.

Looks like the playing field just became more interesting. The minority is having a major impact on wages and benefits thru out the aviation industry. Amfa has been managements best tool for years and now we can add the IBT to this category.

Just think what the majority could achieve if these organizations would spend the members hard earned money on organizing the un-organized, re-educate the population and find a way to work together? The membership monies are here to help achieve a better working environment!! I thought?

Fighting amongst ourselves is NOT what Unions are about!!! Somewhere along the way many have forgotten the true meaning of Solidarity!! Looks like the ME attitude is here to stay!!! Unfortunately!!!............... GOD help us all .......................

In Solidarity,
CIO

What you fail to realize is that AMFA represented airlines are at the top in wages and bennies. AMFA also has the majority of it's members are satisfied with their representation, can you say that about AA? US? UAL? The TWU is history at AA. The teamsters are trying a last ditch effort to get on the ballot at AA when AMFA files this month. We all know the teamsters don't have enough cards at US, this is only a last effort to get more cards signed by teamsters supporters at AA. Not going to work in time for the filing at AA by AMFA. You will now see the teamsters and the TWU get very desperate and do some crazy stuff to try and deflect AMFA from getting in at AA. Have a nice AMFA day. Would be great if AMFA would file on the 24th of May on AMT day!!

Hmm, maybe if Unions like the TWU and IAM were getting their mechanics wages and benefits like the guys at UPS and Southwest are getting the non-union workers would be seeking them out and they would not have to spend all that money organizing? The fact is if these Unions had done a better job nobody would be signing cards for any and every union that shows up at their front door (how did they find out where we live anyhow?). The reason why the non union guys wont sign cards is because they see what being in a Union got mechanics at US and AA.

What exactly would be your sales pitch to Non-union workers in order to convince them to Join the TWU or IAM? Maybe thats why they arent organizing, wasnt the TWU working with the IBT on organizing MROs? Hey, now that the partnership is over has anyone seen Gordon Clarke at DWH yet? Oh yes thats right, the TWU is raiding Southwest arent they? Isnt Southwest also in negotiations? It seems that raiding is only bad when someone does it to you but its OK when you do it. It would no doubt be an interesting sight to see Gordon, who saw his base shut down trying to convince mechanics that never saw a layoff at Southwest, EVER, that they need change, that they need what he had, at least till they shut down his base. By 2017 our headcount is projected to be 6325, from a claimed high of 18,000. so we would have lost 2/3rds of our headcount along with Vacation, Holidays, sick time, IOD time, double time, and the lowest wage in the industry, as our employer boasts about having the newest fleet in the industry. Yep, that will get those non-union mechanics out there eager to join a union all right!

The IBT has a history of raiding. In fact even when they were in the AFL-CIO they raided, and I beleieve they raided the IAM while the AFL-CIO did nothing. IRRC the IBT claimed that the IAM was damaging Teamster members interests with their concessionry deals at a company that competed with an IBT represented company. Obviously if the IAM was giving away the store at a competitor to the company where the workers were represented by the IBT it would make it much harder for the IBT to make gains for their members. So they raided, and the AFL-CIO didnt do anything about it, they must have found the IBTs arguement compelling.

To me raiding is competition and it could be good not only for workers but the labor movement as a whole. The labor movement is dying, raiding would introduce competition in a way that benefits the members, it provides them alternatives to either poor representation or no representation. Currently employers benefit when unions adhere to No raid clauses that encourage unaccountable union leaders to accomodate growth in companies where they have a captive membership. They accomodate that growth by convincing their members to act against their own best interest and give their employer a competitive edge at their expense.

If anybody thinks that employers like it when unions raid then they are delusional. Does anyone really believe that US management wants to deal with a union that has something to prove? Thats what happens in a raid. The incumbant has to prove they are worth keeping and the challenger has to promise they can do better, either way its not what the employer wants to hear, especially if they have a cozy relationship with the Union in place.

Bob, I believe you are part of the problem, Aren't you an elected TWU member? What positive changes are you planning in order to change your own negative attitude towards the TWU?

You and your side kick Chuck has repeatedly help do more damage at AA with your constant ranting and raving about society in general. I wonder what would happen if you turned your negative vibes into something constructive?

Oh yes Bob, It's never your fault? Now is it?

In Solidarity,
CIO

SWAMT,

Since you are the organizer at Amfa, what companies are you currently organizing outside of raiding others? Delle made a fortune doing this thru-out the years and has a nice retirement on top of it!!!

Collecting higher pay at the cost of the Majority is this your Motto? Keep preaching, your old contract will still be in negotiations when the TWU negotiated wages at AA will have a nice raise. Unless of course the likes of the Bobs, Kens and Daves keeps pursuing their minority agendas.

In Solidarity,
CIO

We had a choice today in Tulsa, IBT and Amfa had separate corners, 6 at one and 4 at the other.

In Solidarity,
CIO

Well there is the Convention in September right? Isnt that what you are always preaching? "If you dont like what the the people running the TWU are doing to your profession get involved " right? When people get involved if they dont switch and all of a sudden support concession after concession in hopes of landing a six figure appointed position you say that if they dont like the organization they should quit. Well the fact is my peers put me here , despite your efforts they have elected me five times.

I do not believe that the guys running the ATD act in our best interests. I believe they get AA whatever AA wants. 35% cap on outsourced maintenance spend? Well thats there simply because AA figured with their super low costs even on the high dollar work they would never need to outsource more than that. I believe that the pension that the AA workers who are in the International get from AA is based upon what the Union pays them, that Bobby Gless or Don Videtich at 55 will get a bigger pension from AA than Al Blackman gets after 70 years with the company. That the freeze became a top priority because if they had dumped it in the PBGC that they would have taken a big cut, and most of us would have been no worse off than we are with it frozen. I think its wrong that Al Blackman would be booted off the plane to make room for Bobby or Don to fly away on Vacation. I think its wrong that the International gets to hand pick people and have the company pay their salaries while on Union business instead of letting the members pick them. Yes I'm negative but wrongs usually dont produce positive results and I believe a lot more people here feel like I do than like you do.

Bob,

If your so frustrated with the international, why do you keep running for office when you know your not going to change it.

Back