Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

If someone voted IBT after watching that video I over estimated the Intelligence
Of This Membership!!!

2PM est Then the sound of crickets in the Teamsters
office....... Can't wait!!

CONTRACT NOW!!!!

VOTE IAM!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
This weekend will be over before you know it. Come Mon afternoon, I am confident that the US airways mechanics will still be represented by the IAM. Good luck to you guys...

Reactions: 3 people
While there are many, going back AMFA was the first to get A&P license premium. Perhaps because they are a mechanics union. They helped forge the future for mechanics and related. Unlike the ibt forging cards!

How do you figure? What was the first amfa contract with license premium?

This weekend will be over before you know it. Come Mon afternoon, I am confident that the US airways mechanics will still be represented by the IAM. Good luck to you guys...

swamt...you claim to be for mechanics, but still keep to the same BS as usual. If the IAM has done nothing for the US mechanics for the past several years, why would you wish them more of the same?

Reactions: 1 person
How do you figure? What was the first amfa contract with license premium?

Hughs Airwest. Around 1967.
Dell himself pushed for this first in the industry. We had this conversation back in the 80's. Dell also had a first at NWA. Your pay is based on your experience. You could be hired in at NWA at top pay. What was a first in the airlines under the Industrial unions?
Outsourcing? Concessions out of BK?

That last IBT video the ibt made the statement the IAM forced a concessionary contract on the members? Wow is this guy misinformed Who Voted on the agreement? Who ratified the agreement? The members thats who... Don't blame the union the enemy was and still is the company. I'm thinking the IBT is losing this one after watching what the IBT did at United here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNaIJEP98bk

Nice video. More lies and deceit. First of all a contract can not be opened when you change representation unless the company and the union both agree to do so. This has been discussed on several occasions on several forums. Still can not believe the teamsters is still peddling this crap. There is NO exact specific precedent that allowed this in the past. Pensions? Wow they lied. They attempted at one point during the UAL/CAL negotiations to take over the Frozen pensions of the CAL guys. I know this to be true. I spoke to TWO CAL guys from two different stations at two different times and they both said yes that the Teamsters did make an attempt to go after the frozen pension money promising they can do better if the frozen pensions were handled with the Teamsters. Financial suicide! No initiation fee? How can he guarantee that? How can you believe him? Yes elections are better than the TWU but we will be a very,very, small minority in the massive 1.4 million member union. Do you think the Teamsters will address our issues if we do not have any reasonable voice in a election? AMT's will be lost in the tiny cracks of the Teamsters organization. Typical Industrial unionism. Satisfy the majority. That will NOT be us. License protection? We have license protection at AA with our union. We have legal counsel and have a very good ASAP program in place. I am sure the IAM has one as well. I know AMFA has one too.

The questions I see that should have been asked were not on the video.

Will we have our own M&R locals?
Will we have our own local officers?
Will we elect our own local officers?
Will we elect our ATD directors?
Who decides who our Appointed Business agent will be?
Who decides which local we will be assigned too?
Why do we have to pay the additional .5% in union dues for a strike fund when legacy carriers are not allowed to strike?
Why are our union dues all inclusive when they are not with the TWU and AMFA?

Craft Unionism or Industrial unionism? Which one serves the members better?
Ever wonder why the pilot group does better at legacy carriers?

Reactions: 2 people
swamt...you claim to be for mechanics, but still keep to the same BS as usual. If the IAM has done nothing for the US mechanics for the past several years, why would you wish them more of the same?
That's easy. Their pensions, teamsters need a saving grace for the underfunded pensions that rae going by the waste side. The teamsters promise the world and never come thru, they just say whatever they can to get mechanics to vote them in. Plus, from first hand experience, the iby/teamsters are worse than all the other industrial unions put together. Yes the teamsters are at the bottom of the barrel of all industrial unions out there, period. They are also the most corrupt industrial union out there, with, to this day still having ties to the mob, and all kinds of illegal activities. Plus your most important work group (mechanics) will be WAY out numbered by other work groups, and they WILL NOT focus on the real issues facing the mechanic group as a whole, they will focus on the largest work group, rampers, cleaners, stores, cust serv, etc... Travis you can say my postings are BS all you want, but you can never disprove them as they all are factual postings or I will correct myself when I am wrong. YOU on the other hand continue to post either the same lies or twist and turn to some how reflect a post to your advantage. No one else has to do that, just a couple or three of you guys that have to lie, cheat and steal to TRY and get followers to join your crusades. In 25 hours we will see what the membership of US mechanics really want. I will not down talk any ones personal choice of representation, but came on here to try and correct the lies and untruths about AMFA, SWA and or the representation of the teamsters while they were here. I can only hope you guys at US have enough info to make the correct decision, Keep the IAM and look at another possible change after the merger.

Reactions: 4 people
Hughs Airwest. Around 1967.
Dell himself pushed for this first in the industry. We had this conversation back in the 80's. Dell also had a first at NWA. Your pay is based on your experience. You could be hired in at NWA at top pay. What was a first in the airlines under the Industrial unions?
Outsourcing? Concessions out of BK?
I believe it was the teamsters with the first overseas outsourcing wasn't it? I could be wrong and will admit if I am. I do know their contract language at SWA is exactly why SWA was able to start outsourcing out of the country. I think the first place the teamsters allowed SWA to go to was Canada. Not saying that SWA was the first, but showing the example of a great teamster contract that allowed unlimited outsourcing out of the country... Typical.

Reactions: 4 people
The Union does not decides what countries get the outsourcing..The Union and company only agree on how much they are allowed to outsource and thats it...The Company does whatever is best for them...Soon your going to tell me that AMFA tells Southwest what routes they can fly...

The Union does not decides what countries get the outsourcing..The Union and company only agree on how much they are allowed to outsource and thats it...The Company does whatever is best for them...Soon your going to tell me that AMFA tells Southwest what routes they can fly...
That's not true.
Anything can be included in the contract.
"ANYTHING!"
One angst I have with the industrial unions is when they added liens on UAL properties.
Yes, absolutely, unions can dictate routes to a point in regards to staffing. Pilots and FA's do it all the time.
Are you new here?
B) xUT

Never said the union decided where the maint was to be performed out of the US. I simply said that the "TERRIBLE" teamsters contract language allowed SWA to outsource, unlimitedly, overseas and out of the USA. And their first choice out of USA for SWA maint was Canada. And "DIRECTLY" due to the teamsters contract language, SWA has further their horizons out of the USA to other countries. Where in any of my postings have I stated that the union decided where the maint will take place?

Reactions: 2 people
I believe it was the teamsters with the first overseas outsourcing wasn't it? I could be wrong and will admit if I am. I do know their contract language at SWA is exactly why SWA was able to start outsourcing out of the country. I think the first place the teamsters allowed SWA to go to was Canada. Not saying that SWA was the first, but showing the example of a great teamster contract that allowed unlimited outsourcing out of the country... Typical.
Never said the union decided where the maint was to be performed out of the US. I simply said that the "TERRIBLE" teamsters contract language allowed SWA to outsource, unlimitedly, overseas and out of the USA. And their first choice out of USA for SWA maint was Canada. And "DIRECTLY" due to the teamsters contract language, SWA has further their horizons out of the USA to other countries. Where in any of my postings have I stated that the union decided where the maint will take place?

liar

Herb Kelleher gave the SWA AMT’s the Golden Carrot with Good Benefits so he could run Southwest Airlines as he had set up his business plan and that plan had outsourcing in it.

The IBT gave the members what Herb offered at the negations table, YOU the Members VOTED it in.
It would have been hard for any AMT to turn that Pay Rate and Benefits down as SWA AMT’s would be making more money than any of the major airlines at that time.
To blame the IBT for the outsourcing is BS swamt if the IBT had told Herb no way and came back with lower pay rate and no outsourcing and the AMT’s found out they turned it down; well someone would have got hung for sure and the IBT would have been out for a fact then.
You guys kicked them out because they jumped the dues up to 2.5 after you guys told them if they did you would do it and you did and you went AMFA and you still only have 2.5 mechanics per aircraft after all this time.
Now the .5 in dues has come back to haunt you as it is used to run Campaigns and Strike Funds for the 1.4 million Teamsters Brothers and amfa has to ask members for money just to put a billboard up for a campaign.

Have A Nice IBT Day.

Latest posts