teamsters to organize with other unions to represent Delta's employees

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
Article claims that the teamsters will represent the technicians. DO NOT allow this to happen Delta Mechanics and Technicians. You will be greatly disappointed if you do. They will promise you guys the moon and never deliver one single promise, just ask the UAL Mechanics. There is a many good reasons why we fired them in a record 2 weeks. For Gods sake, stay non-union before ever bringing in the crooked teamsters...

Article claims that the teamsters will represent the technicians. DO NOT allow this to happen Delta Mechanics and Technicians. You will be greatly disappointed if you do. They will promise you guys the moon and never deliver one single promise, just ask the UAL Mechanics. There is a many good reasons why we fired them in a record 2 weeks. For Gods sake, stay non-union before ever bringing in the crooked teamsters...

Better than the piece of garbage known as AMFA who gives away work for money. To their credit the IBT at UAL are the only ones I’m aware of that have an “Industry Reset” agreement.

You’re clueless and a complete tool.

IMG_9569.png

Wow the general consensus in the industry is that a union is better than none. That is the industry as a whole. Clearly this anti-union statement from a fake ass union like AMFA. Proves you are a company tool.

What is a company tool? A PoS that doesn't work as hard as the average joe, elected by the company to represent the average joe while scabbing and campaigning to get jobs outsourced to third world countries and pocketing behind closed doors. All for the benefit of the company. That my friend is AMFA.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAAsles

UAL mechanics responded, they voted AMFAs ass out in 2005. If NWA could go back in time and predicted what would happen 100% of members would vote AMFAs ass out too. Even the scabs agree. Ask the scabs that went to Delta. Doesn't take long before people figure out the scam in "SCAMFA".

You should be happy Delta unionizing, they'll get industry leading wages, and better scope and bonuses than Southwest soon, it gives u a negotiation leverage. Or are you afraid you'll fall behind the pack because you dont have anything covering that in your contract?

Exactly tool, you got nothing to debate about. Stick to being a company tool, get back under managements desk and start slurping, low life out sourcing pos low cost carrier nincompoop.

Clearly he got no language in his "industry leading contract". Thats the only thing that matters in court.

The world has moved on, everyone is getting something better, clearly the only one that still head-sprung about old ways of doing things is SW. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: WeAAsles
While the FA's have been in and out of drives for pretty much the last decade, and the ramp has had a few during the same time period. I don't ever recall any sort of sustained drive for the Mechanics & Related from any union.

I doubt the teamsters will fare very well - they have a rather ugly track record that I'm sure Delta management is/has already compiled.

As long as Delta management hasn't angered the group systemically, and as long as they continue to leap frog to the top of the pay scales on a semi-regular basis as they always have, I don't see much coming from the drive mechanic wise ... although Delta may throw a bit of cash at them to make sure.

We'll see

Agree with you TSH. Yes, Delta knows exactly what to do, as they always have. It also always seems like union organizing always come up at Delta right after some of the other airlines regain new contracts and move to the top of industry and surpass Delta. So, Delta will allow this news to float for a while and then they will throw out new raises and maybe even bonuses to the mechanics and other groups to deter any votes going the unions way.
Delta has an arsenal of info about all the teamsters crooked schemes that has flourished into the media for the past few years as well as some more within the decade. The teamsters numerous failures at UAL, AA, SWA, and other airlines as well as other groups outside the mechanics.
We will continue to watch the failures of the teamsters at Delta too.

Agree with you TSH. Yes, Delta knows exactly what to do, as they always have. It also always seems like union organizing always come up at Delta right after some of the other airlines regain new contracts and move to the top of industry and surpass Delta. So, Delta will allow this news to float for a while and then they will throw out new raises and maybe even bonuses to the mechanics and other groups to deter any votes going the unions way.
Delta has an arsenal of info about all the teamsters crooked schemes that has flourished into the media for the past few years as well as some more within the decade. The teamsters numerous failures at UAL, AA, SWA, and other airlines as well as other groups outside the mechanics.
We will continue to watch the failures of the teamsters at Delta too.

You cluelessly live in your own little World. First of all you DO NOT have an industry reset like they have at UAL so if you want raises you have to (And have) give up something in return. You bought and paid for your own raises. Great job you Turkey.

And I guess you obviously missed what the IBT just accomplished over at UPS.

You’re living in the past Bozo.

While the FA's have been in and out of drives for pretty much the last decade, and the ramp has had a few during the same time period. I don't ever recall any sort of sustained drive for the Mechanics & Related from any union.

I doubt the teamsters will fare very well - they have a rather ugly track record that I'm sure Delta management is/has already compiled.

As long as Delta management hasn't angered the group systemically, and as long as they continue to leap frog to the top of the pay scales on a semi-regular basis as they always have, I don't see much coming from the drive mechanic wise ... although Delta may throw a bit of cash at them to make sure.

We'll see

You might be living in the past as well now. The IBT seems to have straightened out their act with new and more militant leadership.

You might be living in the past as well now. The IBT seems to have straightened out their act with new and more militant leadership.

No, as mechanic currently under teamster "representation" my position on them is rooted very much in the present - Authorizing a strike means next to nothing - a union doing its job - the ibt always puts on the brave face when making press releases to/against whatever company is in question.

My original post was referring to the ibts ugly track record of lying to and/or deceiving potential members in order to get cards signed, let alone their most recent gaffe at AA where evidence was brought forward they actually forged authorization cards - Then there's their attempts to pull us out of our current pensions to try and prop up their failing ones, add to it the whole teamcare debacle - what does it say about a union when the majority of members sign a petition and submit it directly to the company to stop the ibt from trying to deal away benefits the members wanted to retain?

And I guess you obviously missed what the IBT just accomplished over at UPS.

Just out of curiosity ... what exactly are you referring to with this?

No, as mechanic currently under teamster "representation" my position on them is rooted very much in the present - Authorizing a strike means next to nothing - a union doing its job - the ibt always puts on the brave face when making press releases to/against whatever company is in question.

My original post was referring to the ibts ugly track record of lying to and/or deceiving potential members in order to get cards signed, let alone their most recent gaffe at AA where evidence was brought forward they actually forged authorization cards - Then there's their attempts to pull us out of our current pensions to try and prop up their failing ones, add to it the whole teamcare debacle - what does it say about a union when the majority of members sign a petition and submit it directly to the company to stop the ibt from trying to deal away benefits the members wanted to retain?

Just out of curiosity ... what exactly are you referring to with this?

Congratulations at being the only Union that I’m aware of that has a yearly industry reset agreement. That in itself leads me to give your IBT a round of applause.

A lot of what you wrote are what are known in legal terms as allegations. Lying to people to get cards signed is an accusation hurled at every single union that’s ever existed. And in defending the IBT here I don’t recall the NMB ever outright saying that the IBT forged signatures. I think if that was a fact the IBT would have been in pretty big trouble.

I get why you’re not a fan of the IBT for trying to push that Teamcare on you that time. I remember you seriously rallying against it. I also don’t recall them trying to push it on you again the last time though? I think you guys actually liked and passed the last deal if I also recall correctly. I “personally” think the IBT is showing major improvements under Sean O Brian.

Congratulations at being the only Union that I’m aware of that has a yearly industry reset agreement. That in itself leads me to give your IBT a round of applause.

You're free to applaud them as you see fit, I on the other hand will not - Yes, the reset language is decent. Its even paid off a time or two, That however, doesn't make up for the scope we once had and lost under the teamsters, nor does it make up for their attempts to benefit the union itself over the wishes of the membership, the aforementioned teamcare as an example.

A lot of what you wrote are what are known in legal terms as allegations. Lying to people to get cards signed is an accusation hurled at every single union that’s ever existed. And in defending the IBT here I don’t recall the NMB ever outright saying that the IBT forged signatures. I think if that was a fact the IBT would have been in pretty big trouble.

While its true that in most representational election there are a host of allegations based on any number of union and/or company shenanigans. This case is not that. These are "allegations" laid out in signed affidavits. Further, these individuals weren't American mechanics, they were paid teamster organizers, that had been hired by the teamsters.

Both your unions seemed to think they were highly credible, as the TWU used them prominently in an official complaint filed with the NMB. The IAM also cited it in their then battle with the teamsters at USAir.

Its rather telling that after the ibt put in all the effort they did to campaign on AA, after acquiring enough cards, and actually FILING for an election, they suddenly abandoned their filing and campaign citing the pending DOJ investigation into the AA/USAir tie up ... yeah sure.

I get why you’re not a fan of the IBT for trying to push that Teamcare on you that time. I remember you seriously rallying against it. I also don’t recall them trying to push it on you again the last time though? I think you guys actually liked and passed the last deal if I also recall correctly. I “personally” think the IBT is showing major improvements under Sean O Brian.

The last "deal" was a contract extension, and I voted against it - the ibt traded more scope (the ability to send Airbus visits out of the country) for a few lines of domestic work and some wage increases.

As for the historic UPS agreement you cited - that has nothing to do with their aircraft mechanics - they are still working under a 3 year contract extension signed in 2022. And forgive me, I want nothing to do with ANY agreement by ANY union that brings the term "part time" into any mechanics agreement.

As for Sean O'brien ... I do like watching him in congress

You're free to applaud them as you see fit, I on the other hand will not - Yes, the reset language is decent. Its even paid off a time or two, That however, doesn't make up for the scope we once had and lost under the teamsters, nor does it make up for their attempts to benefit the union itself over the wishes of the membership, the aforementioned teamcare as an example.

While its true that in most representational election there are a host of allegations based on any number of union and/or company shenanigans. This case is not that. These are "allegations" laid out in signed affidavits. Further, these individuals weren't American mechanics, they were paid teamster organizers, that had been hired by the teamsters.

Both your unions seemed to think they were highly credible, as the TWU used them prominently in an official complaint filed with the NMB. The IAM also cited it in their then battle with the teamsters at USAir.

Its rather telling that after the ibt put in all the effort they did to campaign on AA, after acquiring enough cards, and actually FILING for an election, they suddenly abandoned their filing and campaign citing the pending DOJ investigation into the AA/USAir tie up ... yeah sure.

The last "deal" was a contract extension, and I voted against it - the ibt traded more scope (the ability to send Airbus visits out of the country) for a few lines of domestic work and some wage increases.

As for the historic UPS agreement you cited - that has nothing to do with their aircraft mechanics - they are still working under a 3 year contract extension signed in 2022. And forgive me, I want nothing to do with ANY agreement by ANY union that brings the term "part time" into any mechanics agreement.

As for Sean O'brien ... I do like watching him in congress

You voted no but the majority voted yes by a tally of roughly 70% to 30%. That’s why you have and will continue to have the Teamsters as your bargaining representative. I don’t remember if you were pro AMFA but your membership kicked them to the curb and hasn’t asked for them to come back.

I’m (As you know) very pro TWU. But your membership seems to like being with the IBT. That’s their prerogative. The rest I’m not getting into because that’s past History.

Good luck to the IBT at Delta.

Latest posts