teamsters to organize with other unions to represent Delta's employees

Worth noting that there is very little--if any--talk about the IBT on the property right now. Certainly when compared to the AFA & IAM.
I am confident that the Mechanics at Delta full well know all about the teamsters record within the airline Mechanics groups thru-out our industry. Could it be that the teamsters have already been told they will never make it?
As I stated in prior postings, could it be a tactical move by the groups to wake up management once again with the threats of unions lurking inward to get into Delta in order to get another raise offered out to them?? As always, Delta is always the first to put their employees to the top in pay when all the other airlines are fixing to come to new contract terms, so then all the other airlines leap frog Delta and so on.

Kev., I would also hope the Mechanics would go with the more focused unions on the Class and Craft. And maybe even entertain an in house Class and Craft union like the Mechanics at AA started up. I believe there are currently 3-4 Class and Craft Mechanics unions out there to choose from IF the Mechanics at Delta would even entertain being unionized.

I do wish you all luck in making a decision rather to unionize or not, you guys may have good enough relations with management over safety issues, pay and bennies as well as QOL issues where no union is needed or required.

Keep us posted on any rumblings you may come across from the floor and maint crews...

I am confident that the Mechanics at Delta full well know all about the teamsters record within the airline Mechanics groups thru-out our industry. Could it be that the teamsters have already been told they will never make it?
As I stated in prior postings, could it be a tactical move by the groups to wake up management once again with the threats of unions lurking inward to get into Delta in order to get another raise offered out to them?? As always, Delta is always the first to put their employees to the top in pay when all the other airlines are fixing to come to new contract terms, so then all the other airlines leap frog Delta and so on.

Kev., I would also hope the Mechanics would go with the more focused unions on the Class and Craft. And maybe even entertain an in house Class and Craft union like the Mechanics at AA started up. I believe there are currently 3-4 Class and Craft Mechanics unions out there to choose from IF the Mechanics at Delta would even entertain being unionized.

I do wish you all luck in making a decision rather to unionize or not, you guys may have good enough relations with management over safety issues, pay and bennies as well as QOL issues where no union is needed or required.

Keep us posted on any rumblings you may come across from the floor and maint crews...
Regardless of the name on the door, any organization will have some rough sledding. That was down to being treated well compared to other carriers in the distant past. In the recent past, it was more about things like the "culture" and the company's anti-union machine.

Today, it's about more pragmatic things. There are a LOT of new people at the airline, and Tech Ops is no exception. I'm painting with a broad brush here, but new people generally aren't the ones agitating for change. We've also opened several line stations over the last several years, meaning many people can transfer to where they want to be, not where they might've had to be. Having 1000's of people leave during COVID also means a lot of movement on the seniority list and people touching better shifts and/or RDOs for the first time.
Those will all work against organizers, and that's before we even get to any overt pressure from the company, or talk about pay/benefits/working conditions.

The easy answer would be that an in-house union is likely the best bet for success, but for better or worse, we already have "frontline involvement teams" in place. I have big thoughts about why independent representation is better, but for a lot of people, these teams get the job done.

Regardless of the name on the door, any organization will have some rough sledding. That was down to being treated well compared to other carriers in the distant past. In the recent past, it was more about things like the "culture" and the company's anti-union machine.

Today, it's about more pragmatic things. There are a LOT of new people at the airline, and Tech Ops is no exception. I'm painting with a broad brush here, but new people generally aren't the ones agitating for change. We've also opened several line stations over the last several years, meaning many people can transfer to where they want to be, not where they might've had to be. Having 1000's of people leave during COVID also means a lot of movement on the seniority list and people touching better shifts and/or RDOs for the first time.
Those will all work against organizers, and that's before we even get to any overt pressure from the company, or talk about pay/benefits/working conditions.

The easy answer would be that an in-house union is likely the best bet for success, but for better or worse, we already have "frontline involvement teams" in place. I have big thoughts about why independent representation is better, but for a lot of people, these teams get the job done.
Completely agree with all of it Kev. It sounds as good timing with all the moving around as well as the 4th Q results just announced. WOW and Congrats to you guys!!! Is this a record PS payout @ 1.4 billion? And the 10% of earnings reaching well over 10K for mechanics?? I read the co's earnings report and impressive numbers to say the least, especially from just 3 short years ago. CEO is even claiming that Delta's PS payout will be larger than all 3 of their biggest competitors PS payouts COMBINED. Now that's a very bold predicament. No matter, I hope it is true for all the Delta employees to enjoy.

Totally agree with the in-house union as the best success. AA fired one up at their airline (AMP) I believe, and we were looking at doing the same here prior to AMFA, but at least with AMFA, it is all ran by internal mechanics in union positions that run the representation surrounding the mechanics at the co, all the while AMFA National runs mostly the National level and stays out of the actual every day representation of the Class and Craft of the Mechanics, which is the very next closest to a 100% internal union representing.
We mostly chose AMFA because of the time to generate and produce a start up internal union representational entity as well as the cost to get up and running, where AMFA provided all the $$$ to get us up and going once we voted them in and fired the teamsters. All the while the crooked teamsters stole all the locals money so AMFA stepped in to help with all that as well. The crooked teamsters even shredded all outstanding grievances still open status once they seen us fire them, isn't that great representation for the mechanics. That's you get with teamster representation, "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TEAMSTERS ONLY" nothing about the rank and file, period.

Again Kev., congrats on some great 4th and full year numbers and a great PS payout for you folks...

Reactions: Kev3188
No, but there's certainly been moves towards one, which hasn't happened at any other airline of late.

Hasn’t happened at AA as of late either. The mechanics were very happy with their 2020 contract. If they weren’t this place wouldn’t have become so dead.

Latest posts