Tentative Agreement with APA-AMR?

ZMAN777

Advanced
Aug 23, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Anyone with any info on a possible TA between AMR and the pilot group? I just got a call from a line pilot (in between flights) that they''d heard that a TA had just been agreed to? Nothing on the wire services about it.

Cheers,
Z

Nothing on the union website yet and nothing on the email yet either. From what I''ve heard, I , and most other pilots I''ve talked to will be voting no. I''ve downsized and no longer fear BK. For a variety of reasones, I feel that it is the only way ofr AA to renegotiate it contracts to industry standard among all labor groups and get parity with UAL/USAir in its agreements with various other creditors. In the meantime I will pursue other career options and I suggest all other AA employees do the same.

Okay....False Alarm! My source told me later that a couple Flight Attendants working the trip in Miami came onboard and told the cockpit crew that they''d heard the pilot''s had agreed to a TA and that it had been mentioned on the hotline. So much for their credibility. I have a feeling they got their hotlines mixed up and surely must''ve been thinking the APFA offer to AMR.

Cheers,
Z

This is Gregg Overman, APA Communications Director, with the APA
Information Hotline for Sunday, March 30 at around 12:30 AM Central.
NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE: APA issued the following statement a short time
ago concerning the ongoing negotiations between APA and American
Airlines management:

"After intensive, seven-day-a-week negotiations for the past month,
on Saturday evening, March 29, the Allied Pilots Association
presented American Airlines management with $660 million in contract
concessions annually, which is the cost savings target management
established for APA at the onset of these negotiations. These
concessions are primarily concentrated in proposed work rule changes
and across-the-board pay rate reductions.

"Coincidentally, the pilots of United Airlines reached a tentative
agreement with that carrier''s management earlier this week. After
analyzing their tentative agreement together with the proposal we
have made to our airline''s management, we are confident that the
savings we are offering will enable American Airlines to compete both
in the short- and long-term with a newly restructured United and US
Airways, as well as with the low-cost carriers in our industry.

"We are hopeful that we will be able to conclude these negotiations
quickly for the benefit of all concerned, including our pilots,
fellow employees, our company''s shareholders, and the traveling
public."

That is the full text of the statement. The APA Board of Directors
will reconvene in the morning. As soon as there is additional
information to share with you regarding the negotiations between APA
and management, we will provide it.

If I understand things correctly, this is merely a PROPOSAL by APA to the Company, not a Tentative Agreement. While I admit I''m not familiar with how negotiations are conducted between APA and AMR, under this arrangement, AMR could come back and ask for certain issues be renegotiated and changed.

I had been under the impression that once the Negotiating Committee and the Company had agreed to terms and signed off on it then it only remained for APA''s governing body to vote it up/down to send to the membership for ratification. The press releases tell me this is NOT the case.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,
Z

----------------
On 3/28/2003 10:44:16 PM AA80Driver wrote:

Nothing on the union website yet and nothing on the email yet either. From what I''ve heard, I , and most other pilots I''ve talked to will be voting no. I''ve downsized and no longer fear BK. For a variety of reasones, I feel that it is the only way ofr AA to renegotiate it contracts to industry standard among all labor groups and get parity with UAL/USAir in its agreements with various other creditors. In the meantime I will pursue other career options and I suggest all other AA employees do the same.

----------------​

Why don''t you do us all a favor. Quit and pursue your career options full time! A lot of us really like working around here and we don''t need guys like you getting us screwed with bigger cuts than we''re already gonna have to take! The last thing we need are a bunch of whiners who doesn''t like working at AA screwing the rest of us who do! Especially since we all know the Vote No bunch will go into Whining Overdrive once this place does go Chap 11!!

Carty and Arpey are going to do their usual thing . . . get a huge concession from the union under the guise that this is the whole package . . . . then late come back and want to gut retirement as well. You watch.

----------------
On 3/30/2003 7:53:51 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------​

Why don''t you do us all a favor. Quit and pursue your career options full time! A lot of us really like working around here and we don''t need guys like you getting us screwed with bigger cuts than we''re already gonna have to take! The last thing we need are a bunch of whiners who doesn''t like working at AA screwing the rest of us who do! Especially since we all know the Vote No bunch will go into Whining Overdrive once this place does go Chap 11!!

----------------

Do me a favor. Don''t tell me how to vote on my contract and I won''t tell you how to vote on yours. You don''t know squat about what''s really going on with the pilot negotiations and I have no obligation to vote yes on an onerous package leveraged by a duplicitous management team so that you can continue to "really like working here".

----------------
On 3/30/2003 7:53:51 PM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 3/28/2003 10:44:16 PM AA80Driver wrote:

Nothing on the union website yet and nothing on the email yet either. From what I've heard, I , and most other pilots I've talked to will be voting no. I've downsized and no longer fear BK. For a variety of reasones, I feel that it is the only way ofr AA to renegotiate it contracts to industry standard among all labor groups and get parity with UAL/USAir in its agreements with various other creditors. In the meantime I will pursue other career options and I suggest all other AA employees do the same.

----------------​

Why don't you do us all a favor. Quit and pursue your career options full time! A lot of us really like working around here and we don't need guys like you getting us screwed with bigger cuts than we're already gonna have to take! The last thing we need are a bunch of whiners who doesn't like working at AA screwing the rest of us who do! Especially since we all know the Vote No bunch will go into Whining Overdrive once this place does go Chap 11!!

----------------​

You are a pathetic lapdog. Why 'doesnt' yu just werk for nuthin?
This is a unionized company. If you just want to accept what the company gives then you should get out of the represented group. You can go into management or go to any of the 87% of the private sector jobs that are non-union and work there.