Thank You God...

Nightwatch said:
Those still working, and how many are they? Still working being the key words here. Don't fret there Davie, we'll still be working.
[post="192256"][/post]​

Slim frets over anything that might cause a little bit of discomfort....like a wet thong...HAHAHA!!!...*buuurrrrrrrppp*...he's such a keeper!

Calvin said:
"GOD is NOT to blame for your current demise, the TWU and Jim Little is!"

Hey Stewie, you blame Little for the cost of fuel? You need to find God!
[post="191866"][/post]​

The demise of our profession started long before $50/barrel oil.

Once again all you have to do is look at the graph of Mechanics pay vs CPI to see that it started over 20 years ago with the TWUs first Industry Leading Concessions where they put in B-scale, gave away the annuity retirement, company provided LTD, OT for training off shift, the half hour lunch and scores of other concessions. Over the last twenty years every contract has had concessions, EVERY CONTRACT.

When the TWU promoted "Flex Benifits" a program that passed increased medical costs to the employees, they sold it as an "improvement"!

When the TWU sold the 6 year six percent debacle of 95 they claimed that we would get more than 6% due to the "Me too" clause.

The latest crises only highlights the fact that the TWU is totally incapable of representing OUR interests. In their defense of their miserable performance they fall back upon the same arguements used by union busters to keep unions off the property, the threat of the loss of jobs.

The TWU is not a real union, instead they are a broker that gets cheap labor rates for employers, while at the same time peddling insurance scams to the "members" to further fatten the paychecks of International officials and their families.

Drippy Quill said:
How about you Owens..how many years of furlough under that belt of yours?
[post="194945"][/post]​

Is being furloughed now going to be your badge of honor in support of the TWU?

How sad.

Drippy Quill said:
Nahh biggun...but unless you've experienced it ya really ought to shut your pie hole.
[post="195151"][/post]​

Exactly how old are you again? Are you even of legal age to work for an airline?

Drippy Quill said:
How about you Owens..how many years of furlough under that belt of yours?
[post="194945"][/post]​

I was laid off from Capitol, they went out of business two years later. I also worked for New York Air, Air Florida, Arrow, Global, World, Airbourne Express and several other fly by night carriers. Otherwise I've been very fortunate as far as layoffs.

A few years later at AA I was working on some of the very same aircraft that were simply painted a new color.

This was always the wrong industry if you just wanted a steady paycheck. It used to be a good place for a good paycheck but as the TWU has grown that is no longer the case. This applies to all workers in this industry that the TWU has represented, Baggage Handlers, Fuelers, Flight Attendants etc, wherever the TWU goes wages fall.

The fact is that millions of people fly every day. That will continue no matter what color the planes are painted, the question is do we like the paint job that much that we should be willing to work for less?

Do you honestly believe that if the TWU was not out there slashing labor costs for airlines that everyone would stay home or take the bus?

Fight for the work, Maintain the wage. Thats what unions are supposed to do, not beg for the work and lower the wage.

Drippy Quill said:
Point being Bob, the TWU has kept you employed without interruption.
[post="196795"][/post]​

Point being coward, aka drippy, the twu has "interrupted" employment at AA and other airlines. It is their inability to protect and defend our profession, wages and benefits. By your comment you would be willing to take concession after concession as long as you are employed. That is not what I want the twu to do. People are always going to be laid off... period. But those who allow themselves to be robbed of their wages & benefits for no reason should continue to support the twu.

What about the next round of lay offs at AA? I thought the twu gave concessions to keep people employed? Your alias and postings show your fear of defending what is right. Typical twu alias using coward nonsense. :ph34r:

Ken MacTiernan said:
Point being coward, aka drippy, the twu has "interrupted" employment at AA and other airlines. It is their inability to protect and defend our profession, wages and benefits. By your comment you would be willing to take concession after concession as long as you are employed. That is not what I want the twu to do. People are always going to be laid off... period. But those who allow themselves to be robbed of their wages & benefits for no reason should continue to support the twu.

What about the next round of lay offs at AA? I thought the twu gave concessions to keep people employed? Your alias and postings show your fear of defending what is right. Typical twu alias using coward nonsense. :ph34r:
[post="196811"][/post]​

Point being homosexual, you would rather be unemployed, no insurance or pay, rather than to lose $5/hr of the $35/hr you enjoy. You sir, are a common liar, surely you cannot expect me to believe otherwise. Truth be known, you obvious homosexual (stated with respect and the utmost of dignity to you and your partner), you voted for the concessions and are now attempting to role play a true hero.

And the interrupted employment you speak of at other airlines..would that be the 4,000 at NWA or the 6,000 @ UAL? :oops:

Drippy Quill said:
Point being homosexual, you would rather be unemployed, no insurance or pay, rather than to lose $5/hr of the $35/hr you enjoy. You sir, are a common liar, surely you cannot expect me to believe otherwise. Truth be known, you obvious homosexual (stated with respect and the utmost of dignity to you and your partner), you voted for the concessions and are now attempting to role play a true hero.

And the interrupted employment you speak of at other airlines..would that be the 4,000 at NWA or the 6,000 @ UAL? :oops:
[post="196830"][/post]​

dripster, now, now, now. Making slanderous remarks from behind an alias makes my point about your cowardice. Thanks for the proof.

No, I would rather fight to protect our profession from unnecessary concessions. "Unnecessary" you ask? Yes UNNECESSARY! Labor is not the problem! The problem is and was MANAGEMENT'S inability to charge more for their product than it costs to make. Your unelected leader, jim little, said that the twu took concessions, WITHOUT SNAPBACKS, to save jobs. Well, what about the looming layoffs we face? What about all the money the city of KC paid to keep MCI going? How about that? Maybe we can follow the twu's sister union, the iam, at USAir and take more concessions. That way we can take another 28% pay & benefit cut without snapbacks.

By the way, where did I lose $5.00 hr of the $35 hr I use to enjoy? Besides being a coward hiding behind an alias you show yourself to being ignorant of everyday facts. I lost more than $5.00 hr. I did not vote for concessions. Once I finally received my PIN number, which the company & union inadvertantly forgot to mail to me, I voted NO! Now you have added liar to your list of qualities.

What will the twu do for those laid off? Oh, that's right, the twu will ensure that if anyone is recalled they will come back to reduced pay & benefits instead of full wages & benefits.

The twu... where we ignore the AMT and focus on what the company wants! :ph34r:

Drippy Quill said:

[post="196830"][/post]​

Drippy,

Although I choose to ignore the "homo" or the "playground name calling" part of your post, I do have a question.

Given, that AA can lay-off 3500 Mechanic and Related in addition to the industry leading pay and benefit cuts, what is the cost per head saved? I think your thinking that we saved jobs in exchange for concessions is already directly biting your ass out the door. And I understand there are many more RIF's to come.

So tell us Drippy, how many jobs did the TWU actually save with the concessions, and what was the actual cost per head saved in the end?

Isn't it true that ALL Unions have suffered job losses since 9/11, but some still retain their pay and benefit structure?

If you can answer without the name calling or another meaningless one liner I would appreciate it.