Thanks For The Memories...

rescallgirl said:
Today I resigned from US Airways. After having 23 years with this company it was an extremely difficult and painful decision. For the most part, I have enjoyed working for the company and I have made many lifelong friends and I will miss them all terribly. With the uncertainty of the airline's survival I just can't afford to pass on an opportunity that will provide for my family if US goes under. I haven't slept at all this week for worrying if I am making the right decision. I have prayed about it and I hope I am making the right choice. I start my new job on Tuesday and am looking forward to a career in the medical field! (A major career move since I have been with this company since I was eighteen.)
All of you in the US Airways family will always have a special place in my heart. I wish the best to all of you and hope that you will be able to return the airline to the wonderful company it used to be.

Thanks for the memories!

ResCallGirl
[post="175861"][/post]​

I took the voluntary furlough 2 years ago, I was also in res for 23 years. Were you in INT or PIT? I have not regretted my decision ONE moment since I left. I forgot what it was like to be able to have weekends and holidays off with my family. I can now plan things more than 3 months in the future without worrying what the next bid will bring. Everyone I have spoken to that has left the company is thankful they left. I am in my last semester of college (also medical) and love what I am doing. I am happier and healthier! I wish you the best. You have made the correct decison, I have no doubt. After you leave res you "come out of the fog" and realize that there is a whole new world out there that you had forgotten about. Again the best of luck to you.

callgirlcindie said:
After you leave res you "come out of the fog" and realize that there is a whole new world out there that you had forgotten about. Again the best of luck to you.
[post="176608"][/post]​

That fog comment rings so true!

Go talk to a young college student, they are everywhere for example at a Best Buy Store.

Talk to them and watch there expressions and attitudes, they are full of hope and energy untainted by the world we were exposed to and contaminated by. It's ones attitude, if you have a good one you are going anywhere you want and a bad one can actually kill you.

rescallgirl said:
Today I resigned from US Airways. After having 23 years with this company it was an extremely difficult and painful decision. For the most part, I have enjoyed working for the company and I have made many lifelong friends and I will miss them all terribly. With the uncertainty of the airline's survival I just can't afford to pass on an opportunity that will provide for my family if US goes under. I haven't slept at all this week for worrying if I am making the right decision. I have prayed about it and I hope I am making the right choice. I start my new job on Tuesday and am looking forward to a career in the medical field! (A major career move since I have been with this company since I was eighteen.)
All of you in the US Airways family will always have a special place in my heart. I wish the best to all of you and hope that you will be able to return the airline to the wonderful company it used to be.

Thanks for the memories!

ResCallGirl
[post="175861"][/post]​

Dont know if I had the pleasure of dealing with you over the years making reservations, but a collective thanks; good luck and best wishes in your new career!