The Burchette X-files

March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Contracting Out RON / ULTRACLEAN Aircraft Cabin Cleaning

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed the Company’s interest to contract out certain work currently performed by TWU represented employees in order to provide structural savings.

In these discussions RON and Ultraclean were two areas currently performed by TWU represented employees that we have agreed will be outsourced. We have also agreed that the initial implementation of this provision will occur within sixty (60) calendar days from date of ratification. Outsourcing of this work that is not accomplished within the sixty (60) calendar days mentioned above will not require an offset of the savings by the TWU.

The work identified in this understanding is that work assigned a Level 1 Bill of Work on overnight aircraft or designated an “Ultracleanâ€￾. This work includes cleaning, stocking, shampooing of rugs, and conducting the required security checks.

Level 1 BOW or “Ultracleanâ€￾ with scheduled arrivals after 0800 will be performed by day line Fleet Service except in OSO situations.

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C. Little

twuer said:
TWU informer said:
Burchette X-Files Clip 8

This interesting clip shows Dennis Burchette calling the TWU a "SNAKE" and also making reference that the Local 514 President Position is the "HEAD OF THE SNAKE".

I also notice that he does NOT blame the members for the 1995 agreement, he blames the TWU.

TWU Local 514 President Position - "Head of a Snake"?
Hey Informer,

Just wondering if you have told Dennis that you are posting his quotes (out of context I'm sure) all over this bulletin board or if you are too much of a coward to tell him. Yes or no answer will suffice.

What kind of skeletons are in your closet Informer???????????? I know you a little bit better than you think I do. Better beware, things have a way of getting out!!!!

Remember, I have said that I am amfa's worst enemy!!!! I have nothing to lose!!!! And to those who know me, know that is the truth!!! :D

Have a great week and be sure to let me know how the auditing of cards is going!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. . .
Lead amfa organizer in TUL Dave Stewart's credibility. . .HMMMM. . . let's see where do I start.

Ever ask him about the "radiation badge"???? I believe it was "glowing"!! (this one would make a great cartoon! I think I might start one!!)

or

Going to AFW, running for office and losing badly then returning to TUL with his tail between his legs????

or

How about his stance on the RTW issue???? Was he for it??????? HMMMMMM. . .

or

Has he ever told you about the TWU saving his job. . .more than once???

There are some things about your TUL amfa leader that lack credibility as well. So, before you go pointing fingers I would suggest you take a good look at those around you.

twuer said:
Lead amfa organizer in TUL Dave Stewart's credibility. . .HMMMM. . . let's see where do I start.

Ever ask him about the "radiation badge"???? I believe it was "glowing"!! (this one would make a great cartoon! I think I might start one!!)

or

Going to AFW, running for office and losing badly then returning to TUL with his tail between his legs????

or

or

There are some things about your TUL amfa leader that lack credibility as well. So, before you go pointing fingers I would suggest you take a good look at those around you.
Oh come on now,

Don't hold back. If you have information please post it.

Tell us everything you know about Dave Stewart.

Tell us what you know about Radiation Badges?

Tell us how running for office deserves your "lack of credibility" label? I thought you guys wanted us to come to the hall and get involved. Why should we do that if it means you lose credibility?

Tell us what Dave's stance is on Right-to-Work?

And oh please, tell us all how the TWU saved Dave's jobs, each time of course. How many times are there? Don't tell me...It was 12,000 times right?

You see, unlike the video of Burchette which doesn't lie. You bring nothing to the table except more questions. How do you judge character with sutpid questions? If you have FACTS, then post them. Otherwise, your credibility is the one in question.

Good Luck.

Because it really appears that the Burchette X-Files did nothing more than spool you up. Why is that? Truth Hurts?

It seems as if this graph is like salt on the TWU slugs.

pay_vs_cpi.jpg

When the see it they shrivel up and dissapear.

If Dennis was so upset about the 95 contract how did he feel about the 2003 concessions? Oh I forgot now that he is an International Rep he sees things differently.

twuer said:
Just wondering if you have told Dennis that you are posting his quotes (out of context I'm sure) all over this bulletin board or if you are too much of a coward to tell him.
It not like he is showing clips of Dennis with Joe's girlfriend "in the act", it was a public debate and he knew it was being filmed. He can always respond if he so chooses. We know for a fact that the TWU International pays somone a lot of money to monitor this site.

Oh come now. Every TWU contract that I have been subjected to has been a top notch, industry leading contract...except this one...errr....and the one before that...and uhhh...the one before that...ummm...errr....and the one I before that.
Oh well, at least I still have a job.

Posting videos of Burchette, Why Burchette was Proud of being there and making those statements! Burchette would be TWU Proud that we are showing video clips of the Horizon Debate!!

Just Like the Team TWU was Proud of the Coffin with Tombstones! Displaying them, taking their own pictures of/with the Paraphernalia!

Now should we hide the Proud moments of TWU???? If you don't like what you see, stop the Proud Display!!!

Hell even Dennis Burchette was Proud about running over AMFA Supporters on 36th and Mingo, should we dig up that video??

Lets Vote TWU Pride out!

Attachments

• vote03.jpg
    vote03.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 89
March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 87
TWU informer said:
twuer said:

or

or

or

Oh come on now,

Don't hold back. If you have information please post it.

Tell us everything you know about Dave Stewart.

Tell us what you know about Radiation Badges?

Tell us how running for office deserves your "lack of credibility" label? I thought you guys wanted us to come to the hall and get involved. Why should we do that if it means you lose credibility?

Tell us what Dave's stance is on Right-to-Work?

And oh please, tell us all how the TWU saved Dave's jobs, each time of course. How many times are there? Don't tell me...It was 12,000 times right?

You see, unlike the video of Burchette which doesn't lie. You bring nothing to the table except more questions. How do you judge character with sutpid questions? If you have FACTS, then post them. Otherwise, your credibility is the one in question.

Good Luck.

Because it really appears that the Burchette X-Files did nothing more than spool you up. Why is that? Truth Hurts?
I figured I would get that kind of response out of you Informer!! Everyone knows that Dave has very little credibility. He thought he could find more respect in Texas but when he couldn't find what he was looking for he came back tp TUL and started (continued) really strong on amfa. Screw the TWU, they don't want me I don't want them!! I'll show them, a thing or two. Well guess what Informer. . .we are still waiting for something!!!

. . .Truth Hurts?

Want some truth Informer. . .check this out. . .

(taken from another topic)
It seems that a letter from Delle has surfaced. Written in the last few weeks or so, it was to a member of the TWU in response to a letter that this member had sent to him. It is quite a lengthy note from Delle I must say!! The usual amfa BS from none other than the almighy leader himself. I'd say by the tone of the letter he was a bit on the defensive and must not have been in a very good mood at the time he wrote it!! Such professionalism on his part. He actually told this member that if he stays with the TWU "that he is screwed." Nice!!

I must share the part of the Delle letter that just about floored me!!! We have often talked of the possibility AA bankruptcy on these boards and if I may say so there was not too much support for it. I think there might have been at first from some of the amfa supporters but after seeing what UAL (et al) have gone through since bankruptcy the opinions shifted and the topic died down. Well, well, well, guess what??????? Delle in all his wisdom while trying to convince this TWU supporter how good amfa is actually told him that AA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF IN BANKRUPTCY!!!!!!!

Did you get that Informer??? Delle said that AA would have been better off in bankruptcy!!! Nice huh?? Even after the damage BK caused at UAL!! Boggles the mind doesn't it???

What a leader!!!!!

twuer said:
Want some truth Informer. . .check this out. . .[/color]

(taken from another topic)
It seems that a letter from Delle has surfaced. Written in the last few weeks or so, it was to a member of the TWU in response to a letter that this member had sent to him. It is quite a lengthy note from Delle I must say!! The usual amfa BS from none other than the almighy leader himself. I'd say by the tone of the letter he was a bit on the defensive and must not have been in a very good mood at the time he wrote it!! Such professionalism on his part. He actually told this member that if he stays with the TWU "that he is screwed." Nice!!

I must share the part of the Delle letter that just about floored me!!! We have often talked of the possibility AA bankruptcy on these boards and if I may say so there was not too much support for it. I think there might have been at first from some of the amfa supporters but after seeing what UAL (et al) have gone through since bankruptcy the opinions shifted and the topic died down. Well, well, well, guess what??????? Delle in all his wisdom while trying to convince this TWU supporter how good amfa is actually told him that AA WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF IN BANKRUPTCY!!!!!!!

Did you get that Informer??? Delle said that AA would have been better off in bankruptcy!!! Nice huh?? Even after the damage BK caused at UAL!! Boggles the mind doesn't it???

What a leader!!!!!

How about showing us the letter in it's entirety?

Oh and by the way, since you are complaing about waiting, just to show that you are not one way, when are you going to address Union officers on company payroll and the TWUs 20 year track record of concessions? They are on the "Question for the TWU" and "AA mechanics pay vs CPI thread".

Hey Bob,
I would answer the UB thing but I don't have enough knowledge in that area to reply. I will look into it and talk to some people if you would like. As for the 20 yrs of concessions. What do you want me to say? That I like them, that I wish it could be different? I stick by my union. Concessions were voted on Bob. Can I curse those before me for their vote? No I can't. You say you have been at

Like I have said time and time again amfa and the TWU have very different philosphies it seems as to what constitutes unionism.

Take your leader for example. He chooses bankruptcy!! What do you have to say about that?????

Concessions were voted on Bob. Can I curse those before me for their vote? No I can't

TWUER:

What do you have to say about those Tech Services guys that voted down the contract in Tulsa and got told by the TWU they were going to accept the contract anyways?

I repeat they voted DOWN the contract and told they would be accepting it anyways!!!

twuer said:
Hey Bob,
I would answer the UB thing but I don't have enough knowledge in that area to reply. I will look into it and talk to some people if you would like. As for the 20 yrs of concessions. What do you want me to say? That I like them, that I wish it could be different? I stick by my union. Concessions were voted on Bob. Can I curse those before me for their vote? No I can't. You say you have been at

Like I have said time and time again amfa and the TWU have very different philosphies it seems as to what constitutes unionism.

Take your leader for example. He chooses bankruptcy!! What do you have to say about that?????
This is really all that needs to be said. And Jim Little himself said it!

2003_re-vote.jpg

I would answer the UB thing but I don't have enough knowledge in that area to reply. I will look into it and talk to some people if you would like.

Yes, I would like that.

As for the 20 yrs of concessions. What do you want me to say? That I like them, that I wish it could be different?

That you like them? NO. That you wish it could be different? Yes. Thats a start.

I stick by my union.

But has your union stuck by you? Or did they broker twenty years of concessions to swell the ranks of dues payers? Did you pick this union or was it there before you got here? Do you agree with their philosophy that concessions in exchange for increased dues is in the interests of their members? Perhaps if the TWU was growing from previously unorganized workers making lower wages there could be a good arguement for this but most of AAs growth came at the expense of other organized workers who were not as willing to give the concessions that the TWU gave. Basically the TWU has taken more members from the other AFL-CIO unions than AMFA has. The TWUs growth is modeled after Walmarts Growth. They did so by providing the lowest prices. Is that what we want from a union?

Concessions were voted on Bob.

Yes they were. But does the fact they were voted on absolve the leadership of their urging accepance of these concessions?? We are not talking about an isolated event. We are talking about twenty years of concessions. Concessions that were given though several boom periods of the economy. Did these leaders lead, or did they only put out information that favored acceptance, then when other information was revealed to the members shirk their responsiblity by saying "well you voted it in"? They said to vote yes, then blamed the members for following their lead!
COLOR]

Maybe you could clarify the TWUs concept to me but it appears that the TWU follows similar arguments that anti-union forces use:

That we must work for less or lose our jobs.

Fighting is giving the company everything they want so they can beat the competition.

That we are powerless and can not resist.

Quantity of members beats quality of members jobs.

The needs of the company comes first.

I believe that unions should resist allowing the company to transform its temporary financial difficulties into long term or permanent concessions, under any threat. Company's will always use whatever threat they need to aquire what they want. If these unions had done what I said last year, and all gotten together and told the government that if they want an air transportation system that they had better be prepared to fund it, we would not be suffereing like we are now. They should have stated that the unions are not going to allow the workers to bear the brunt of Sept 11 and the recession. We waited patiently for our wages to be restored and we will shut it all down before we give it back. This is what the unions of Europe would have done. Thats because those unions are democratic and accountable, unlike the business unions that predominate todays labor movement, unlike the TWU.
We keep hearing about the AFL-CIO, yet as the events unfolded each union stood alone and did nothing to prevent the banks and the company's from fleecing the workers. One by one we each stood there and did nothing as each union surrendered away decades of benifits and wages. Jim Little even cited the lack of effectiveness of the AFL-CIO in several E-mails to me however now he says that we should stay with the union that has led the way with concessions for the last twenty years.

How can you argue that we have an effective labor movement in this industry?

How can you say that we, after twenty years, still do not need change?

Like I said already, show me the entire letter.

Jim Little, for a few days after the bonus debacle, refused to sign our agreement and threatened a revote out of anger against being betrayed by the company!! Jim Little Leadership jeopardized Us to a bankrupsy filing in those few days, but no TWU Lackey Complained about that!

Now Delle Maybe speaking his mind, but has no control over us- and you want to crucify him!

The Real Topic, How Are We Going To Get The Guts Of Our Conract Back?????

Attachments

• amfaortwu1.jpg
    amfaortwu1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 97

Latest posts

Back