The Company''s new IAM concession wish list.

Cut and pasted from www.iam141m.org US Airways section.
---------------------------------------------
US Airways’ management notified the employee representatives that an additional $200 million in annual cost reductions from changes in work rules and benefits are needed to help the bankrupt carrier improve its operations.
US Airways’ targeted cost reductions from District 141-M members include:
* Elimination of aircraft receipt and dispatch by Mechanic & Utility employees.
* Reduce the Utility function at PIT, CLT, and PHL to only thru-flight cleaning.
* Outsource lavatory and potable water servicing.
* Discontinue using Mechanics to de-ice aircraft.
* Outsource plant maintenance work.
* Outsource Ground Equipment maintenance (GSE) from all stations except BOS, CLT, LGA, PIT, and PHL.
* Daily maintenance checks to be performed by vendors.
* Eliminate occupational injury (OJI) bank.
* Delete real estate provisions in plant closings.
* Eliminate the two percent 401(k) match.
>From District 141 members, US Airways is seeking to:
* Outsource aircraft catering without restriction.
* Outsource mail and cargo operations.
* Remove Fleet Service employees from Class II stations with less than 28 flights weekly.
* Add four daily mainline flights at Class II stations without adding Fleet Service personnel.
* Add seasonal mainline flights to express stations.
Additionally, US Airways is seeking the following changes that would affect all IAM members:
* Double employee contributions for medical benefits.
* Mid Atlantic contract provisions to mirror those at American Eagle.
* In case the United States goes to war with Iraq, US Airways will seek an immediate five percent “wage deferralâ€￾ for up to 18 months.
In return, the company proposes to maintain a minimum of 279 aircraft and offered an “enhancedâ€￾ profit sharing plan for participating employees.
----------------------------------------------------
Looks like the same laundry list Mr.Glass used a CAL several years ago

You voted yes. Right? US Airways is going to take really good care of you. Guys, its time we shut this company down. Close the doors, park the planes. The unions have no n-ts any more. What happened to the days of making life hell for management when they even brought this stuff up?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel I am level headed and give everyone the benefit of doubt, I voted to accept this latest contract. BUT, I agree totally with the above statement! The time has come to make a stand against corporate America. What they are now bringing to the union makes even having a union a joke. This latest give back wish list from the company will eliminate tons of jobs, I am guessing at least a 1000 jobs anyway, on top of the ones just announced. Some people will say, oh well that is business, I say no it's not, it's corporate exploitation, plunder and greed. This is the steel industry all over again, just a different generation. When it's all over the only people making a decent living will be the top tier barons, while the very high seniority members will be squeaking out a living while working under a cat walk. I am not whining, I am stating fact and I am also moving on with my life and getting out of this insane industry, enough is enough.

Good Luck to all the great people I have had the pleasure to work with over the years.

You voted yes. Right? US Airways is going to take really good care of you. Guys, its time we shut this company down. Close the doors, park the planes. The unions have no n-ts any more. What happened to the days of making life hell for management when they even brought this stuff up?

To be fair, here's the last paragraph from the IAM's post about the wish list.
-----------------------------------------------------
When IAM members recently ratified modifications to their US Airways agreements, it came with the company’s assurance that the revisions were all US Airways needed to successfully emerge from bankruptcy.

The leadership of Districts 141 and 141-M are in agreement that additional changes to our collective bargaining agreements are not acceptable, as the company has not established that such revisions are justified. IAM members have already answered US Airways’ distress call, and acted responsibly.

US Airways needs to work within the framework they designed to find solutions to their latest situation.
----------------------------------------------

Let's hope they mean it this time!

513AU:

There is no more we in your vocabulary as it relates to this company. Move on and find somewhere else that treats you better. The current employees of this company will decide what WE need to do or not do.

I am tired of the lies. The TPA deal was wrong in how it went down. The computer glitch lie story was wrong to hide what was wrong and shutting down that part of the program to hide the truth. Going back on your word about concessions saying the whole time about 'labor friendly' and truly no being 'labor friendly is bad for someone's character. Then with latest 'dooms day' list of mechanic give backs asking for you to work for free is 'WRONG'. Besides either something is up with maintenance department having so many supervisors and managers or we are not truly losing money so we can keep them all.

--Just like a crack addict. You got a taste and want more.

--Trust no one from now on.

Knowing the spineless approach that the IAM has taken with the Fleet Service group, It is a given that this will all come to pass..at this point who cares what happens now...They might as well start sub contracting the flying out next to a bunch of third world pilots..

PineyBob, you dont seem to understand, we as IAM Members accepted a concessionary package that they company wanted, it was a last and final offer from them, if they wanted more they should have included it in that crap. Also there will be a shadow maintenance department with thousands losing their jobs if they get this crap.[BR][BR]Personally I have $700 a month just in wages alone. I say screw them, burn the place down and last one out shut the door.

Very mature and well thought out bifeman. Again the adage comes up: Judge a man's character by how he acts and speaks when things are tough. Your post speaks volumes to your character.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/27/2002 10:59:56 AM Biffeman wrote:

I have seen thousands of my coworkers hit the streets, have to downgrade to lower paying classifications, and mangament has not been touched.

----------------
[/BLOCKQUOTE]

Mmmmmmm........

Manga-ment might be a more apt description after all.