The Morale is at all time low..and Supervisors acting like we are inmates on parole....

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Can''t help but wonder when will this stop? Our talk time has now become more important than customer service or even revenue..this seems a bit insane...some calls/passengers require more explanation or work than others...management needs to give us a break and appreciate the good job we do especially with everything going on at the moment.

One day soon, some of us won't have to think about cwt anymore. I for one will not lose my self respect when it comes to our passangers..even if some of them are a bit slow...customer service will prevail over call talk or call work time, especially since all these enhancements to our system seem to slow us down naturally. I have had two major screwups in the last two days which were not my fault..it is stupid CARE. 21 more days...that's all I can think about.

Maybe its just me, but I don't think morale is at an all time low. I remember '94-'95 as being as bad if not worse. 5 crashes in 5 years and all that. But then , I was in Reno when George Fisher closed it down, so that may have colored my view of those days in a more negative way.

I was in Reno too but left before it closed, then I was in San and left before IT closed. Now I'm in MCO, I guess my luck finally ran out. Morale IS pretty low right now and those not transferring are eagerly waiting for the tenth of January. They are watching our adherence closer than ever but we are still taking care of our pax with every bit of professionalism we always have.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/20/2002 4:52:19 PM PineyBob wrote:

And That is why inspite of the "Uber Moron" aka B. Ben Baldanza I will continue to fly US Airways.

PS: B. Ben if you monitor comments on this page I got four words for you: "Customers pay YOUR Salary"! Try to remember that **********
----------------
[/blockquote]

Aw, come on Bob, how do you really feel about Ben?

Res -

I have been lurking on this board for the past week, when all the Chapter 7 talk started. I have been travelling a LOT this year. I started on Delta. I thought I was going to hate my job. But around Easter, when Delta was full, I took a flight through Charlotte on USAir.

I realized I didn't hate my new job, it's just that life with Delta in Atlanta was making me miserable.

I see all the bickering here with the planes that touched in Philly a few weeks back. Well, in Atlanta, every single week, from this passenger's perspective, something was ALWAYS wrong. Flight attendant got hit in the head when a door was closed too early and passed out. We had to wait for an attendant to be called in. And apparently traffic was bad. Once we were delayed for 5 hours and I saw someone crawling backwards out of the engine with a blowtorch. Once the printer wasn't printing at the gate for whatever paperwork needs to be done (the boarding passes were fine, it was the paperwork.) Took them an hour to count the passengers on the plane and reconcile. I took a flight out of Tampa and the plane smelled like it was on fire and all the smoke alarms went off in the restrooms but we kept on trucking. Pilot said it was normal for a plane that had just been out of maintenance. UH HUH. Well I was about last off the plane being in the back and I overheard the crew huddled with maintenance and they were all talking about how this valve wasn't working, and they couldn't get fresh air into the plane, and they almost landed in Tampa.....I swore that was my last Delta flight. Once we landed in Atlanta and the generator on the 727 died. Notice I haven't even mentioned weather as that's out of the airline's control. You would think this was six years worth of travel. It was six WEEKS. SIX WEEKS!! How anyone gets by on Delta I just can't imagine.

USAir is far better. Employees are polite and turns planes around very quickly when late. Far more quickly than Northwest or Delta. On my flight back from RSW - PHL - ORF today I did some light chatter with several employees and everyone still seemed friendly, chipper, and happy. A few weeks ago when the snowstorms blew through all the hubs I saw some really amazing efforts both from being called and rerouted on my cell phone and employees assisting those stuck in Charlotte for as much as 2 days.

If, behind closed doors, employees are depressed an unhappy, that's understandable. But to me, I don't see it in real life.

I think USAir rocks. You are certainly appreciated by me!

Heinrich,

As someone whose been flying as a Gold level or higher with US for a very long time, I promise you that you will find none finer than the US Airways frontline folks. Welcome and thanks for the post.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/20/2002 4:37:50 PM RES87rno wrote:

I was in Reno too but left before it closed, then I was in San and left before IT closed. Now I'm in MCO, I guess my luck finally ran out. Morale IS pretty low right now and those not transferring are eagerly waiting for the tenth of January. They are watching our adherence closer than ever but we are still taking care of our pax with every bit of professionalism we always have.
----------------

I just came back from a 3 month medical leave because I contracted viral pneumonia at the res center. If I thought I was depressed because my lungs looked like raisins, it was nothing compared to what has gone down in the last two weeks! I'll admit I am NOT the fastest horse on the track, but I think the customer needs to be taken care of to the best of my ability and if it takes me 10 minutes instead of 3, well so be it. I'm doing the best I know how to do. And I know I have the audacity to use the restroom at will, but with pneumonia, fibromyalgia and diabetes do you think I could get just a tiny little bit of slack?

The policing of the sales floor, for any signs of personal talking, not working , that has occured over the weeks, seems demeaning, demoralizing, and at best, like a prison in lockdown.Is that any way to treat agents who have put in 5 10 20 40 years at this company?? Granted some agents need discipline but ya don't have to punish the good with the bad.
One agent came in on her vacation week one day a couple weeks ago, and was "interrupting" agents that were SUPPOSED to be busy on the sales floor, took supers an hour to catch on and kick her out, while in the same day, supers were in milliseconds coming up to working agents like a rat to cheese and asking if they were on a break or talking shop or talking personal. Is that sick ...or what?

First of all good to see Renoites here. I'm back home and snow is 10feet on the mountain, sunny and dry in the valley.
Second--that's the reason most people still fly US. The reservation people refuse to be the robots they want us to be. They do their jobs in a swift efficient manor and at the same time make the pax feel as if they're very important--which they are--and no question is ever "stupid". The people in res will always take care of the pax first. No matter how many times they get written up for giving too much information. Well, Merry Christmas to all my former coworkers. Mco, Int, Rno and Ind. You're a great bunch of people.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/23/2002 10:46:32 AM drifterreno wrote:

First of all good to see Renoites here. I'm back home and snow is 10feet on the mountain, sunny and dry in the valley.
Second--that's the reason most people still fly US. The reservation people refuse to be the robots they want us to be. They do their jobs in a swift efficient manor and at the same time make the pax feel as if they're very important--which they are--and no question is ever "stupid". The people in res will always take care of the pax first. No matter how many times they get written up for giving too much information. Well, Merry Christmas to all my former coworkers. Mco, Int, Rno and Ind. You're a great bunch of people.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Hi Reno!
2.gif']

Hi Res87
Sorry but wasn't PSA but Piedmont and yes, I started in Orlando. Seems like you completed the circle for me. It used to be that good old Southern Hospitality and the West Coast people and I hate to say this but US used to be customer service oriented too. I just wish all of res the best of luck. It's a shame that they had their pension yanked out from under them years ago--but because we had no one to represent us that's what happened. Now I get less than $100 per month retirement. But you know what--I still give everyone I meet and do business with 100% customer service.
I'm starting my own travel agent service and hope to really make it work with the lessons taught me by Piedmont, PSA and US.
Good luck to all of you