They're Back

DFWCC

Senior
Aug 19, 2002
DFW
Visit site
:D :up: Here at DFW all FSC who were RIF'd after 9/11.... are now back on the job. This came to me via our union rep. Now if only I could get that $6/hr paycut back + sicktime + holiday pay+ the 5 missing holidays+ shift differential. then I could be a happy little high morale CC again. :D Oh and if they would let us not have tp go through TSA to get to work would be great. And the last ting on my list is to get rid of "lost time dcontrol" That's 2 secretaries + 8 CSMs we don't need just to harrass FSC when they take a sick day. :angry:
AND a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :D

FSC (not FCS) = Fleet Service Clerk

RIF = Reduction In Force (to get "RIFed" is to get laid off / furloughed)

DFWCC,

As a former FSC I can say without hesitation I was over paid. What you do not understand is basic economics. At $22 per hour you and your cohorts were providing $10 worth of service. At $10/hour I expect to see activity such as calling in sick when not, pilfering, sleeping on the job, time card fraud, equipment damage etc.. surely not at $22. Please do not respond in an effort to convince this forum that this does not exist. Maybe instead of proving your lack of worth you should have proved why you are worth $22 hour.

Johnny Utah said:
DFWCC,

As a former FSC I can say without hesitation I was over paid. What you do not understand is basic economics. At $22 per hour you and your cohorts were providing $10 worth of service. At $10/hour I expect to see activity such as calling in sick when not, pilfering, sleeping on the job, time card fraud, equipment damage etc.. surely not at $22. Please do not respond in an effort to convince this forum that this does not exist. Maybe instead of proving your lack of worth you should have proved why you are worth $22 hour.
Johnny Utah,
You start your("FIRST" AND "ONLY" POST) by saying that "As a former FSC., I.....".

So let me quess.

A. you were fired ??
B. you were/are furloughed ??
C. you resigned as a union member, and took a non union job for AA ??
D. AA made you a CSM ??
E. you resigned from your union job and left AA for a non union job within the
Industry ??
F. you resigned from your union job, and took a non union job, OUTSIDE of the
Industry ??
OR

G. your currently residing in a hospital(with LOCKS on your door)

"Johnny", which is it ??????????

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Johnny Utah said:
DFWCC,

Johnny Utah,
You start your("FIRST" AND "ONLY" POST) by saying that "As a former FSC., I.....".

So let me quess.

A. you were fired ??
D. AA made you a CSM ??
Industry ??
Industry ??
OR

NH/BB's
I am guessing that if he was in a hospital with locks on the his door he would not have access to a PC.

If he was lucky he took option C, E or F.

Go get'em MJK.

Answer F sounds good right about now....regardless of the union or non-union tag.

I knew I shoulda been a game warden. By now I might have enough seniority to work the hill country.

river300.jpg

Johnny Utah said:
DFWCC,

MR Utah,
I am wondering why you would devalue yourself? It seems apparent that you must be speaking of your personal experience. I do not know where you worked but I can assure you, you sir, have never work under me area of responsibility. Sick calls that will happen in any 24/7 operation and it happens at all airlines. In 20+ years I personally do not know of or have seen any pilferage of any passanger bag. Now I see many bags that are overstuffed and the zippers seperate spilling the contents. Sleeping on the job is gorunds for dismissal. Yea there are times when when people do get a break or lunch period. Some may close their eyes and rest but out and out sleeping I would not have it. THATS PERIOD...
Am I worth $22/hr? You bet I am. It is a shame you were never at AA long enough to develop a work ethic to be worth $22/hr. I do my job and I do it well within the confines of my union contract. We all know their are slugs on any job and beleive me I know who they are. Their attitude will determine where they will be assigned, an area where they can be controlled or where I can have confidence that they will perform up to acceptable standards.
Mr Utah, I beleive you would be assigned to area where I could keep an eye on your work performance.

Garfield1966 said:
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Johnny Utah said:
DFWCC,

As a former FSC I can say without hesitation I was over paid. What you do not understand is basic economics. At $22 per hour you and your cohorts were providing $10 worth of service. At $10/hour I expect to see activity such as calling in sick when not, pilfering, sleeping on the job, time card fraud, equipment damage etc.. surely not at $22.  Please do not respond in an effort to convince this forum that this does not exist. Maybe instead of proving your lack of worth you should have proved why you are worth $22 hour.
Johnny Utah,

So let me quess.

A. you were fired ??
D. AA made you a CSM ??
Industry ??
Industry ??
OR

NH/BB's
I am guessing that if he was in a hospital with locks on the his door he would not have access to a PC.

If he was lucky he took option C, E or F.

Go get'em MJK.
garfield(the Movie)1966,

"If he were in a hospital with locks on his door, I'm guessing he would'nt have access to a PC"

WHY NOT, garfield(the movie) ?????

They let "YOU" use a PC !! :up: :shock: :up: :shock: :up:

NH/BB's/Retired

planemech669 said:
Utah does have a point though.
I can understand why a mechanic maybe worth $22 an hour.
What specialized training and FAA cetifications make a FSC so special?
The "value" of a particular job can not be determined by what you or I think the job should be worth. Just as the value of a car, house, or vacation trip can not be quantified objectively.

The value of each of these things is determined by what someone is willing to pay for that thing. If AA is/has been/used to be willing to pay $22/hr top of scale for an FSC, then that is what an FSC job is worth. It doesn't matter whether you think an FSC is as important as a mechanic, or flight attendant, or pilot.

A Jaguar--particularly the new model I want--is not intrinsically worth $80,000. But, there are a lot of people in the world willing to pay $80,000 for that model. Therefore, that model is worth $80,000.

planemech669 said:
Utah does have a point though.
I can understand why a mechanic maybe worth $22 an hour.
What specialized training and FAA cetifications make a FSC so special?
planemech669,
Let's get real here. Its all relative " I can understand a pilot worth $XX an hour. What specialized training and FAA certifications make a mech so special?" Gee I mean anyone can learn your job. If you're so special why why is there such a glut of mechs out there that airline companies are out sourcing? Is it because your skills are so easily obtained that those who have them are willing to work for so much less because they know how easy it is. Do you feel everyone is overpaid except mechs? Are you happy that a garbageman in NYC makes more than you? What are his qualifications. I know of many FSCs who have degrees but choose to work where they do. Sometimes it seems mech think they should make as much as pilots. An AMT signs off on repairs and risks his job I know, but if he is confident and knows the repair is right then what's the problem. A Crew Chief signs off on weight and balance, dangerous goods and many other responsibilities on or near any flight. And yes if he screws up he can loose his job too. Do you remember "GANDER NEWFOUNDLAND"? That crash was due to being mis-loaded.
Remember they can fix aircraft overseas but they can't load them there.
Now I don't want to get into a pi$$ing contest and I don't begrudge you your wages or what you do. If you have a problem with my wage please take it to any AA exec I'm sure they''ll agree with you. If we did more outsourcing of mech jobs AA would turn a higher profit and..... NAH! I don't like that either I sincerly hope you keep your job and your wages return and all our lives return to normal but fighting about who gets what is what AA wants. They want to pit one group against the other. I won't play that game. Good luck to you sir...

jimntx said:
The value of each of these things is determined by what someone is willing to pay for that thing. If AA is/has been/used to be willing to pay $22/hr top of scale for an FSC, then that is what an FSC job is worth. It doesn't matter whether you think an FSC is as important as a mechanic, or flight attendant, or pilot.
Not any more. That was then, this is now. No longer is AA willing to pay $22/hour, and no longer is everyone demanding to be paid $22/hour. Values of things change, even the value of labor. And in the airline business, the value of labor has dropped. And why shouldn't it, with tens of thousands of former airline employees on the street?

No two people value their time the same; that's why some people are willing to take less than you for their labor while others demand more than you do.