Understanding the process. (help)

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
Hello All.

I''ve started a thread on the AA board about the BK procees. A poster there made this statement.

''They came to an agreement before BK. Now they are out but they are stuck with those concessions till 2008.

Then said: Well USAIR was a regional airline with costs higher than the mainlines. Despite that I still did not see the Judge abrogate any contracts yet. USAIR mechanics may have taken a slightly bigger hit on the wages end but in reality they are still better off than us. When our proposal was shown to a USAIR mechanic he said that we were getting screwed worse than him. They have 8 Holidays vs our 5, 8 sick days vs our 5, all paid at 100%, not half pay for the first two days of each occurance, they still do deicing, around here worth $5000/ year, shift differential, the 8 hr day vs 8.5 on nights, double time, OT for training off shift and push backs. They get 5% back once the War is over, that brings them right up to us and they have the 85 point retirement plan. This is an airline that has been in bad shapr for a long time and they are better off out of BK than we would be before BK. UAL baggage handlers, in BK were given a better proposal than our baggage handlers. You need to check your facts. BK is not as bad as this proposal. Why do you think they stopped the voting?

If any IAM member could comment on the validity of his statements I''d appreciate it

Good luck to us all

Heres the thread http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/view.asp...0E-556A4860D8BF}

Thank you.

Did the IAM get a good deal? How much of a pay cut? How many jobs lost?
Thanks!

Latest posts