TLV LODOs

According R. E. G. Davis' book, TWA and Airline and its Aircraft, these are the productions numbers:

Series 3YER - 24952, 24953, 25411, 26205, 26208

Series 3Q8 - 28132, 28207, 30301 (the only ones TWA received new from Boeing)

Series 330 (ER) - 25137

Series 33A (ER) - 25403

Sorry, I don't have the specifications.

Edit: I just Googled the types. Series 3Q8 has MCTOW of 412,000 lb. I assume that the others were similar.

Just found out...US is sending some Managers and a FA/Pilot from PHL to TLV this Monday.
I think what they're doing is sending representatives of USAPA and AFA to do site inspections of proposed hotels in TLV. I don't believe such visit has anything to do with either the quipment utilized or the LODO's for the flight. Contractually, unions representing the crews that fly the route have to inspect the hotels for the RON. I believe that's exactly what is being done at this juncture; unless someone else has further information that can clarify the reason behind the visit. :up: :up: :up: :up:

What MTOW did the TWA 767's have. US doesn't have the heaviest MTOW available on the 200ER's - only 351K pounds or so. As I understand it they often have to weight restrict the westbound from ATH to PHL.
Not too big of an issue, but it does result in ditching payload, is the fact that US dumbed down (went cheaper on) their "automated" W&B which has imposed greater restrictions (greater margins - more fuel required). According to our engineers that has basically made them look at almost every west-bound.

But, not to worry, because of the greater fuel requirements for takeoff, they are bashing the pilots to plan on landing with less fuel, and it all balances out in the end, right?

right?

I think what they're doing is sending representatives of USAPA and AFA to do site inspections of proposed hotels in TLV. I don't believe such visit has anything to do with either the quipment utilized or the LODO's for the flight. Contractually, unions representing the crews that fly the route have to inspect the hotels for the RON. I believe that's exactly what is being done at this juncture; unless someone else has further information that can clarify the reason behind the visit. :up: :up: :up: :up:

I know of one PHL FA Going who is not an Union Official, nor serves on any of the committees and was told by the Company that the FA is going with them...If someone can elaborate further...

i think you are refering to Dan Sampey who flew on continental to represent you the flight attendants in a quest for a hotel. :ph34r:

I would call him up and ask, but then I would have to suffer thru the Irish tune of "Danny Boy" before it would direct me to his voicemail!! :ph34r:

Lets face it Dan gets what he wants because he is a slinky. He was breast fed by Mollie and now he is a kept chamber maid for JM . I am so disappointed that he is what AFA considered the best but whats new . Where is the utter?

Latest posts