To All Fleet Service Personnel

Was USAIR prepared to do the NWA styl thing for the fleet? I know that NWA was because they made it public but did US do it behind closed doors?

The IBT does not represent the ramp at HP.

And I guess it is easier for all of you to blame the IAM instead of looking in the mirror as you are the IAM and what did you do make things better?

Why is your anger not at the company, the judge and the lawmakers who let US Airways get away with everything by filing bankruptcy twice?

And bottom line is your brothers and sisters in fleet service ratified every single concessionary agreement put in front of them.

But I guess it is easier to blame the IAM instead of yourselves and the company.
it is eay to blame the IAM for their FAILURE to PROTECT the FLEET SERVICE AGENTS. They figured it is easier to sell out the ones in the little cities rather. It was also the fact that with the addition of adding PVD and BDL to CLASS I cities that the so called vote to pass the contract thru is what did the others in the smaller cities in. Simple Fact is is that the IAM has failed the FSA member and on top of that RAISED the DUES. PATHETIC! :down:

Here's a true story.

I know of a guy that had 35+ years of loyal service. When the last round of cuts/votes came down, the company and the IAM were urging the old-timers to accept early retirement. Part of the deal was the information regarding a tax write off for part of the COBRA payments. With health care being a vital concern to a retiree, we were forced to conclude this was the best deal going, considering the apparent threat of a U Chapt 7. We were assured this deal would hold even if U went under.

I wasn't content to let it lie. I wanted my guy to have a real comparison of him accepting furlough, severance, unemployment pay and retirment versus the deal the company/IAM was offering.

My guy got in contact with a IAM veep who told him the early retirement deal was the best he could expect. Based on that conversation, my guy took early retirement.

As it now turns out, the guy would have been better off to accept the furlough, collect unemployment and then retire! :shock: :angry: :angry: !

Here is the pi$$er! The IAM had reps on the U BOD and KNEW DAMN WELL THERE WAS A MERGER IN THE OFFING!

They didn't need to disclose that to us.

They did have a duty to tell my guy, hey, accepting furlough may be a viable option.

But GE had to have their cuts NOW, and I believe the IAM went with the program. :angry: :angry:

The IBT does not represent the ramp at HP.

And I guess it is easier for all of you to blame the IAM instead of looking in the mirror as you are the IAM and what did you do make things better?

Why is your anger not at the company, the judge and the lawmakers who let US Airways get away with everything by filing bankruptcy twice?

And bottom line is your brothers and sisters in fleet service ratified every single concessionary agreement put in front of them.

But I guess it is easier to blame the IAM instead of yourselves and the company.
Our anger is with the IAM because we PAID them a fee to look out for OUR best interests, and to protect our jobs.
The IAM was SUPPOSED to be on our side, instead of sleeping with the Company as they had been know to do for years.
Please,Please,Please, Kill that Brothers & Sisters Ratified line of CRAP already!!!
What happened to Solidarity??? All for One??
Our Brothers & Sisters took care of themselves, and said the HELL with the rest of you poor slobs in the Class 2 cities. You know how it went down, and so do we.
I wish that you could have been there when your "IAM Boys" came to our station with their poor excuses for what took place. When they started to get grilled on the subject, they started to get very defensive. They knew that we were all wise to their "Deal" with the company at the last minute with the elimation of MLE, and the addition of BDL & PVD to the class 1 list.
You can keep cheering for the IAM all that you want, but those of us that lost jobs because of their incompotence, will always know just how much they Suck as a union. :down:

Our anger is with the IAM because we PAID them a fee to look out for OUR best interests, and to protect our jobs.
The IAM was SUPPOSED to be on our side, instead of sleeping with the Company as they had been know to do for years.
Unions are out for themselves. They are in business to make money. I wish people would realize this.

700 you are a born loser, the world knows this, you make sure with every post
Is that the best you can do?

Your lack of maturity is evident in every post.

I suggest you stop now, you live in a glass house.

Unions are out for themselves. They are in business to make money. I wish people would realize this.

I believe people understand that unions are involved in making money. It is a business. It has been said many times on the board but here it is again, "a union is only as strong as its membership". :)

I agree with you gonzo, and unions are by law a non-profit organization.

They would rather blame the unions then themselves for not being involved and not voting for politicians who would actually do the right thing for labor.

They would rather blame the unions then themselves for not being involved and not voting for politicians who would actually do the right thing for labor.

So what does this say about the worry and concern, that if representation goes to a vote? Why is that union members don't vote? Could it be that they've lost faith in their union, their fellow members, the company and themselves? Pretty sad. But maybe.......if more people were in the know about what is going on around them, things will change. Maybe if there was a more positive spin on the situation...........It's up to each individual to take the time and be informed but when no one wants to pass any information, what to do?? :unsure:

Actually what the unions real problems are is they have a majority of 700 types in them that alienate people instead of unite them. Look to these boards as the perfect example. The IAM should post a Wanted DEAD OR ALIVE topic. Maybe Mr. Fried Burger could spell well enough to take up the task, maybe.

When was the last time when you were at US Airways that you actually got involved and tried to make things better?

Funny did not see you in Washington at the vigil, nor did I see you at the bankruptcy court nor did I see you at CCY with negotiations and I did not see you call Frank or Bill and offer your help.

You are typical, you love to throw stones, attack and criticizes others for them trying to make things better.

Guess everyone forgets that US was in bankruptcy twice and the laws are protect the creditors and the companies, not the employees.

Guess you forgot that Judge Mitchell abrogated the contracts because there was no way to reach an agreement when all the company wanted to do was eliminate 50% of the jobs.

I guess everyone forgets they are the union, not the AGCs or GCs, the membership voted on the final offers which the union was obligated to bring to the membership to vote on, they voted yes, so blame the courts, the laws, the company and yourselves, because the ultimate truth is the majority of the membership is weak and did not have the intestinal fortitude to take on the company.

But I guess everyone hates the truth and reality so it is easier to blame the unions instead of themselves.

:)

Most of the time, on the voting issue, at least the people around me, don't depend on the unions to tell them what politicians to vote for. It seems that other issues are more important to most, rather than the labor issues. I believe the NRA has more pull than the unions do these days, as far as political votes are concerned. Things are changing. I can only hope that they are changing for the better. :)

Maybe 700 can shed some light as to why the IAM-FSA group lost some much more that the CSA Group did under the CWA contract??? They kept their 401K, they didn't have nearly as many jobs outsourced, and they kept the MLE classification, while we lost it. This alone paid off with them going back to Mainline status in the coming months.
When the Company came up with the MLE stations, the IAM group lost their 401K in favor of a IAM pension plan. This was just another screw-job to the MLE people who only were entitled to 1/2 of what the Mainline people got. So with the blessing of the wonderful IAM, we lost $8 an hour in pay,our 401K,vacation & holidays,and many other items. Only a few short months later they raised our dues!!!
As if this wasn't enough, then along came outsourcing and the 60 day recall limit to retain your current pay. Who the Hell let this little detail get into the T/A??
You don't see any crap like that in the CWA contract, do you??
The IAM is for the IAM, and not the poor bums who pay their way. You didn't see any of their Management or AGC's taking pay cuts, did you? I think that I just read of the pay increases that many of them recieved recently.
Not bad for an organization that has lost thousands of members over the past 4 years!!! Of course they still have lots of members paying their way on checks that are equal to what they earned 20 years ago. Maybe the top-guns at the IAM should make what they did 20 years ago also....
Practice what you Preach, right.....Cram concession after concession down the memberships throats, while you continue to live High on the Hog...
These guys make the Government look honest.

Your IAM pension is worth more then the 401k, you dont have to pay any of your own money into and you get a $78 per month multiplier.

You still have a 401k, you did not lose it, you lost the match which went into the the company contributions to the IAMNPP.

It is not a T/A, how many times does this have to be explained to you and others?

On 1/6/06 Judge Mitchell abrogated your contract, you then became employees at will. The night before the company gave the both groups a final offer for the membership to vote on,it was not a negotiated agreed to agreement, it was a take it or leave it from the company to the employees.

The judge agreed to hold his ruling in obeyance till the membership voted, your fellow fleet service brothers and sisters ratified the final offer after ratification meetings and vote.

And yes the AGCs and GCs took paycuts when the UAL took concessions eventhough they were not IAM employees, and yes the during the three rounds of concessions they lost the same in vacation and sick time as did the members. Did you take concessions because of UAL like they had too?

And there are less AGCs and GCs since the membership has declined.

And I am just a worker, I took the concessions even after I voted NO!

Keep blaming the union and live in your own little world if that makes you feel better instead of the reality that the laws are against the worker and membership apathy is the biggest cause of why we are all in the situation we are in.

Don't let the facts get in your way of your rant.

i agree with you wings396! it always amazes me how these crooks can make $200-plus a yr living off of memberships dues while the honest hard working people struggle to make ends meet. SAD SAD SAD
PATHETIC :down: