Topic: American''s Unfair Treatment of TWA Family

What truth. Compton
11.gif
sold the airline out (with employee support) and they are now unemployed and TWA is gone. End of story.

Mach85ER, I confess to not knowing any combatants as you describe them. Where did you get your experience?

What flies at Mach .85 these days? Last thing I knew that flew that fast was the L-1011 with a .855 cruise speed.

----------------
On 7/29/2003 7:15:57 PM Carlito wrote:

What truth. Compton
11.gif

----------------​

Not all of the TWA employees were supportive of the idea. Also, they were basically lied to, when they were told that AA was the only way out. Remember, Carty and Compton got oscars for their performances.
10.gif

----------------
On 8/30/2002 6:15:28 PM JFK777 wrote:

TWA was a failing airline for years. Its employees have definitely had it hard and have been underpaid. An 80% paycheck is better then no paycheck, all TWAer's got a big raise 1/1/02. I just wish someone from TWA would say "thank you" AA, instead TWA curses AA for buying it and saving it. If TWA wants to curse something curse Icahn or the TWA management that sold the airline to Icahn. May be Frank Lorenzo, the other bidder back in 1984, would have been a better choice or may be not. AA saved TWA and ST. Louis, but TWAer are now part of a healthier AA family with job as secure as they can be in today's airline industry.

----------------​
I want what you're smoking
9.gif
9.gif

If you AA types out there think for a minute that AA saved TWA, you folks are on drugs. The numbers do not lie. AA's only intention was to eliminate competition and not save any jobs at all. The writing is on the wall with this one MCI will be the next base cut down to nothing.

If the TWA folks had known that AA was going to be so sick and ruthless this deal would not have gone through even by a long shot.
7.gif
15.gif
8.gif

I think that the IAM was also scared about the pension liability they might have been stuck with if TWA went C-7.

----------------
On 7/30/2003 5:20:01 AM acmech wrote:

If you AA types out there think for a minute that AA "saved" TWA, you folks are on drugs. The numbers do not lie. AA's only intention was to eliminate competition and not save any jobs at all. The writing is on the wall with this one MCI will be the next base cut down to nothing.

If the TWA folks had known that AA was going to be so sick and ruthless this deal would not have gone through even by a long shot.
7.gif
15.gif
8.gif

----------------​

I couldn't have said it better myself!
10.gif

You knew they didn't go through with this deal because they felt sorry for TWA, it was a business decision. Same as it was a business decision to lay off employee's and close bases. I worked at KCAC and left with an offer on the table to work for AA. I wanted to work for Trans World Airlines Inc. Compton and company killed it with employee backing! I can still see the lemmings at the party when the deal went through. Wish I still had the postings from Planebusiness on how wonderful this would be......