Transatlantic tonight

Remember this is the company that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
So given the above why would any reasonable person expect to see 2 LODO's?

sky high states: Correct me if I'm wrong, but we HAD 2 LODO's onboard, but they reduced the number during one of the (3) concession rounds. Which is fine with me, because
taking off a LODO had the least impact on the F/A group, concessionary wise.

only stating opinions

Language of destination officer

L language

O of

D destination

O origin

Very corny; I would like a more professional term such as

ILQFOPOO ilk-foe-poo

I International

L language

Q qualified

F flight attendant

O or

P purser

O or

O other person who can talk the language
B)

HAHA, some of our broads and queens out west do they same w/ our hawaii's... it's like settle down... they act like it's some special 1st landing in and undiscovere magical land.... and because your RSV you should be so privledged... well duh!!! and no b*tch it's LCC ghetto service across the atlantic and pacific.
Oh Please... it is not like that at all. Anyone can pick up Hawaii they are all over the trade board.

Oh Please... it is not like that at all. Anyone can pick up Hawaii they are all over the trade board.
HP JACK.... While I agree to you that Hawaii's are on the trade board at this time its hard to get rid of them. This was all ready spoke about on the AFA 66 boards. Which is shocking to me as well.
However, I personally dislike the Hawaii trips due to flying on the back side of the clock. The trip a three day only worth 12 hrs or so. I also can't sleep during the day so having to take a sleeping pill at 12 the next day is the only way I can perform that trip. It helps me rest for the flight home is just too much trouble. Also if I want to go to Hawaii to spend some time - - I would rather go own my own and get use to the local time zone and culture, etc.

I think the reality of Hawaii is setting in to the reserves population being that its not all its cracked up to be... I think that is what he/she was trying to get across. :D
With the looks of it it seems our counterparts in the east think the same thing about Europe... :lol:

Don't get me wrong as I love flying to Europe but I just don't think it's the end all be all. I like to go with a nice crew....preferably not from the cast of Jurassic Park, have a 2 hour nap, walk around, go to the gym, shower, have a nice dinner/drinks with the crew, pop my Ambien wake up and go home. I am not going to hair pull and be nasty just to say I bought some olives in Athens. I prefer cruises for vacation to be honest and 25 hours in whatever Europe city is really a short amount of time. Hawaii is hard. I did it at my former airline and it's like PHL-SJU but with reverse time zones. No thanks.

I Know that now. BUT I did hear that title from a F/A on another carrier.

So I beg your pardon, but occassionally I get one wrong.
Well DON"T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN or the Faithful in Tempe may think all your bellyaching/b*tching was really misdirected! :lol: I can see someone in Marketing saying "Oh HE must be referring to Continental again, or They do that at United!" And hopefully THEY READ this Board.....Time will tell "IF" They understand! (Maybe Tempe needs a LODO!)

I don't speak low cost business casual, can I get a LODO please.

As a college language instructor, I find this thread very interesting! Do your LODOs have to be native speakers or can they be near-native speakers, such as someone with a degree in the language?

I think it is a good idea for transatlantic flights to have a LODO. Although you are correct in stating that English is widely spoken, there are still many who may not have selected English as their second or third language. It is especially appropriate to have a second language speaker for emergencies. It is nice to provide one's foreign travelers the courtesy of someone who speaks their language and is familiar with their culture. I think it is a sign of good customer service in an international carrier.

Some but not all LODO's are native speakers. One of the biggest reasons we have LODO's is because of the Customs and Immigration Forms that have to be filled out and we need these people to explain how to fill out these forms prior to landing. They (the forms) can be a little tricky.
Also, the LODO's are wonderful when it comes to customer service. I don't know what I'd do without them.
:up:

Why have a LODO anyway? I have travelled all over the World and most airlines use a pre-recorded Language of destination announcements. These days English is the most widely spoken language in the world. So forget paying a premium for a native language speaker and get Berlitz to pre-record the announcements. Is it a law of something?

Most quality airlines have LODO's. In fact, I don't know of any airline worth their salt that doesn't have LODO's. Who have you been flying on?

Those announcements were more than likely being made by the LODO F/A's. :D

Most quality airlines have LODO's. In fact, I don't know of any airline worth their salt that doesn't have LODO's. Who have you been flying on?

Those announcements were more than likely being made by the LODO F/A's. :D
USAirways is a Low Cost Carrier - if folks need a LODO they can fly a High Cost Carrier. Its time to stop paying the F/A's the extra money.