Tulsa Maintenance base

I notice a new delivery A321 NEO is headed to TUL today for induction? That is new as previously PIT has inducting all the Airbus aircraft. Is that just taking advantage of the MAX induction line not having any work? The new 500 hires are any of them on property yet?

Any one her recently started working and the Tulsa site?

A few who have been around awhile are on here. The new hires will probably find their way here looking for information on the contract as the weak representation we have provides NOTHING.
Sign a card Lisafly!

I notice a new delivery A321 NEO is headed to TUL today for induction? That is new as previously PIT has inducting all the Airbus aircraft. Is that just taking advantage of the MAX induction line not having any work? The new 500 hires are any of them on property yet?

Don’t know about the 321 but there are plenty of newly hired in Tulsa.

35 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago. I do remember the stress of wanting to impress my new employer with my abilities and work ethic.

If I may, I'd like to offer some insight and advice.

Become familiar with, read, and follow the requirements of all the manuals that are pertinent to your tasks.

Do conscientious, good quality work that you are proud to put your name on. I was told early on that it is better to do a good job once than to do a bad job quickly that has to be done over.

There is a full spectrum of individuals at a place this big. Every day I see people that I have never seen before that have worked here for a long time. There a people of good and bad character in management and on the floor. I would have to say much more good than bad. I have been blessed to work with many great people.

The best managers and supervisors are the ones that give you the support, supplies, and tools to do your job. Then there are ones that expect you to do miracles with nothing. You will learn to recognize them all.

The company leaders will lie to you. I could go on and on about the outright lies we have been told. So many that I cannot remember them all. They are going to tell you that if an upcoming contract vote does not pass, that you will loose your job. This will be a lie. There are thousands of people like me that are going to retire. We will need to be replaced. A retirement package is just a tool that the company uses to buy yes votes from old guys like me to sell you down the river. Don't fall for it.

Sign a card. It is in your best interest to have a union that represents your craft.

Thank you!

I am waiting for a start day, after completing a background check, they are taking for ever I just wish they don’t give a a Two weeks window to start as I am from out of town and I need to set up the Family. It is such a long waiting process for a out of town candidate.

35 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago. I do remember the stress of wanting to impress my new employer with my abilities and work ethic.

If I may, I'd like to offer some insight and advice.

Become familiar with, read, and follow the requirements of all the manuals that are pertinent to your tasks.

Do conscientious, good quality work that you are proud to put your name on. I was told early on that it is better to do a good job once than to do a bad job quickly that has to be done over.

There is a full spectrum of individuals at a place this big. Every day I see people that I have never seen before that have worked here for a long time. There a people of good and bad character in management and on the floor. I would have to say much more good than bad. I have been blessed to work with many great people.

The best managers and supervisors are the ones that give you the support, supplies, and tools to do your job. Then there are ones that expect you to do miracles with nothing. You will learn to recognize them all.

The company leaders will lie to you. I could go on and on about the outright lies we have been told. So many that I cannot remember them all. They are going to tell you that if an upcoming contract vote does not pass, that you will loose your job. This will be a lie. There are thousands of people like me that are going to retire. We will need to be replaced. A retirement package is just a tool that the company uses to buy yes votes from old guys like me to sell you down the river. Don't fall for it.

Sign a card. It is in your best interest to have a union that represents your craft.

Thank you !!

Thank you!

I am waiting for a start day, after completing a background check, they are taking for ever I just wish they don’t give a a Two weeks window to start as I am from out of town and I need to set up the Family. It is such a long waiting process for a out of town candidate.
it can be frustrating.

Thank you!

That can be difficult, but my advice is take the earliest possible date as a one week delay will put 30-50 individuals ahead of you on the seniority list. Best of luck!

Reactions: 787nightmare
That can be difficult, but my advice is take the earliest possible date as a one week delay will put 30-50 individuals ahead of you on the seniority list. Best of luck!

Thank you still waiting, the last thing they requested was my license #, I am hoping to hear back within a week or two

Reactions: 787nightmare
Anyone know how many OASIS MOD lines will be up and running? Looks like both B737 And A321 are getting MODs done in TUL as well as at various MROs.

Lisa, I finally made it back home to TULE, just took me about 9yrs...:-/

The background tasks are outsourced to a low cost vendor, and TOOK FOREVER AND A DAY.
Worst experience I’ve seen in my 31+ yrs:

I’m headed to H3, presumably OASIS mod line, days w S, M off. You be in training for like a month. As others have stated, sign an AMFA card if you want what’s best for your career!
Welcome! :)