TWA ( AMR ) to Moscow soon......

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/2/2003 10:31:52 PM AAquila wrote:
[P]JFK-Moscow to be announce soon, service through Frankfurt starting April 1. Non stop service with 777 starting July 5th. Get the Stoli ready.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][FONT face="Courier New" size=1]My friend I think you have been enjoy a little too much stoli as it is.AMR has started and stopped FRA service from JFK twice adding MOW isnt going to help it.[/FONT]

JFK-Moscow to be announce soon, service through Frankfurt starting April 1. Non stop service with 777 starting July 5th. Get the Stoli ready.

There are certain routes to urope that have little or no "good" airline service. Moscow is definitely one of these cities. DAL and Aeroflot serve it nonstop from JFK but competition is via Europe. DAL carries the business traffic (and US tourist traffic). Aeroflot carries mostly the russians going home to visit family and friends.

AA would bring welcome competition to this most important link from our biggest international airport to the heart of Russia. Finnair, a ONEWORLD airline with AA, might wish this never happens though since they carry lots of traffic to Russia through Helsinki. A 777 might be too much plane, a 767 might do the trick. I think ORD-SVO as well as JFK -SVO would work well. Who knows by 2010 we might even see Miami- SVO?

Probably a wish. Look at the thread title, the author still hasn't realized that TWA went bankrupt and was sold.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 4:11:21 PM La Treal wrote:
[P]Look at the thread title, the author still hasn't realized that TWA went bankrupt and was sold.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]It's probably referring to the dormant route authorities that TWA still possessed.[BR]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 4:11:21 PM La Treal wrote:

Probably a wish. Look at the thread title, the author still hasn't realized that TWA went bankrupt and was sold.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I think the author is trying again to point to some sort of 'treasure chest of dormant route authorities' that AA obtained by purchasing the assets of TW.

I think for now (JFK-SVO), it is just a dream (or a wish). Maybe something to consider once the new terminal at JFK is completed? At the current time, it is probaly smarter ($$$) for AA to hand off pax travelling to Russia to Finnair and/or Swiss. Once the new JFK terminal is completed, and the $$$ bleeding stops, and an extra B767 is available (can't be used on a more profitable route), then maybe a 4 times/week JFK-SVO along with a 3 times / week ORD-SVO is something AA could consider. Unless I'm missing something, I don't think the Russia-US market is very lucrative right now, or is it?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 1:53:51 PM JFK777 wrote:

There are certain routes to urope that have little or no "good" airline service. Moscow is definitely one of these cities. DAL and Aeroflot serve it nonstop from JFK but competition is via Europe. DAL carries the business traffic (and US tourist traffic). Aeroflot carries mostly the russians going home to visit family and friends.

AA would bring welcome competition to this most important link from our biggest international airport to the heart of Russia. Finnair, a ONEWORLD airline with AA, might wish this never happens though since they carry lots of traffic to Russia through Helsinki. A 777 might be too much plane, a 767 might do the trick. I think ORD-SVO as well as JFK -SVO would work well. Who knows by 2010 we might even see Miami- SVO?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Aeroflot also serves Washington Dulles, Los Angeles, Seattle-Tacoma, and San Francisco (via Seattle). SEA and SFO get their state of the art 777s. Not so long ago they also served Chicago O'Hare and Miami. Their return to either market in the next 5 years is not at all far fetched. They pulled out of Miami (flights always full because they stopped in Shannon and fares were dirt cheap) because DOT would not give them the rights to carry onward passengers to Lima. They pulled out of O'Hare after 9.11.

"Probably a wish. Look at the thread title, the author still hasn't realized that TWA went bankrupt and was sold."

Come to Kansas City and you'll realize that TWA and the IAM are alive and well.

posted by bagsmasher

"Come to Kansas City and you'll realize that TWA and the IAM are alive and well."

Bags,

As it should be....

twaokc,
I guess it will continue to be run the way the IAM ran it until the TWU grows some balls and goes in there and straightens things out.