Twu Campaign For Nwa Flight Attendants

O.K. art. 32 in the co. regs or rule 32. I'm happy you got your job back, but don't break my stones. You know as well as I do they will wait for you to burp and try again. So don't make it easy for them. And the representation you had is nothing to brag about unless you are in the top 500 guys at NW.

O.K. art. 32 in the co. regs or rule 32. I'm happy you got your job back, but don't break my stones. You know as well as I do they will wait for you to burp and try again. So don't make it easy for them. And the representation you had is nothing to brag about unless you are in the top 500 guys at NW.

Dear Bagbelt,

Ok, ok. Sorry I carried the issue farther than you might have wanted. I hear you loud and clear about all my "friends" at aa/twu that are waiting to "help me 'OUT'" again. Thanks for the heads up!

Dan

Bagbelt,

Forgot to extend my thanks for your kind wishes regarding my employment. I, too, am glad you prevailed in your case no matter what the circumstances might have been. If you get a chance I'd love to hear how aa lost another.

Dan

No, I'm sorry. I get on my soap box and don't know when to get off sometimes. BTW, it took 4 months before I got my first paycheck, and they gave me $7.50 for union dues. I finally told them I couldn't come to work because I didn't even have bus fare.

Lose your license, and you can no longer legally operate a vehicle, therefore you no longer have the ability to perform basic job functions.

Well you need a drivers liscence to operate a motor vehicle on "public " roads.

The ramp area is not a public road so it depends upon the rules of that particular airport. Operating a vehicle without a liscence may be a rule violation of the airport but not an illegal act.

In many states its illegal for anyone to operate vehicles that weigh over 18000 lbs without a CDL on public roads too, but not on the airport. Deicer trucks, Tractors, Aircraft (a motorized vehicle) and many other vehicles all weigh well over 18000lbs and rarely do the operators posess CDLs.

I don't remember insulting you personally. All I know is that I was out longer than you and won through my own work, the union wasn't there for me either. I would advise you to be more careful who you throw accusations at, that's art.32 territory.

Shop talk and Free speech covers that.

Besides, Yahoo search "Dan Cunningham" Here is what you get " Results 1 - 10 of about 4,440,000 for Dan Cunningham - 0.22 sec."

Bottom line is that the Flight Attendants at AA removed the TWU.

The Mechanics at AA want the TWU to be removed but the TWA and AA are colluding in preventing just that.

Delta, Continental and others have refused the TWU.

The TWU will soon be removed from American West due to the merger with US Airways.

Despite the massive concessions granted by the IAM at US Airways, even the US Airways natives would rather keep the IAM than sign a card for the TWU.

If everyone else wants out of the TWU or does not want in the TWU; how could the TWU be a sane choice for anyone in the airline industry?

Well you need a drivers liscence to operate a motor vehicle on "public " roads.

The ramp area is not a public road so it depends upon the rules of that particular airport. Operating a vehicle without a liscence may be a rule violation of the airport but not an illegal act.

In many states its illegal for anyone to operate vehicles that weigh over 18000 lbs without a CDL on public roads too, but not on the airport. Deicer trucks, Tractors, Aircraft (a motorized vehicle) and many other vehicles all weigh well over 18000lbs and rarely do the operators posess CDLs.
Shop talk and Free speech covers that.

Besides, Yahoo search "Dan Cunningham" Here is what you get " Results 1 - 10 of about 4,440,000 for Dan Cunningham - 0.22 sec."
I wasn't taking about myself, I remember a few years back supposedly someone in 501 did that to a guy he couldn't beat in an election. You can't beat 'em, get them fired. I wouldn't put that past some people. - We have used all those arguments about licenses, including working cabins, bagroom etc. Nothing has worked. We've even tried the ADA route. That's assuming they are alkies, most who get popped on their first aren't.

No surprise there Bob. The twu can't have any facts get in the way of the dictatorship lies they spew to possible new dues payers.

Hell, the twu can't even agree to a debate with AMFA on a weekend when most workers are off. If the twu can't stack the deck in their favor, then they ain't playin'. :ph34r:

You should have walked out with the AMTs.
No union at Northwest is going to do any thing for any work group in front of a Bankruptcy judge.
The Judge will give you that fine line of either staying or quitting. But your going to get what the judge gives you union or not.
The AMTs were going to get screwed and you should have known that you were going to be next. And after you they will bend over the pilots.

As for the twu
Bob owens said it the best your better off with no union at all.

It was inevitable :down:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060116/northwest_newco.html?.v=3

AMR Corp.'s American Airlines did something similar to GroundCo when it formed AMR Services in the 1980s. It eventually grew to serve more than 200 airlines when it was put up for sale in 1998. Mann said it helped American avoid using union workers at smaller airports.

You see eventually the truth does come out.

It took two decades and a trip to BK but eventually all the carriers are getting what the TWU gave away.

It took two decades and a trip to BK but eventually all the carriers are getting what the TWU gave away.

I guess I have a different recollection of what AMR Services did -- their primary function up until 1992 or so was to provide ground handling services for other airlines.

AMRS handled the ramp for AA in a small handful of cities (EUG, OGG, RSW, and BUR are the only ones I remember) where we had two or three flights a day, but how many of those places were ever staffed with TWU?