Twu Lies

Hopeful said:
Nightwatch: Very interesting! In your comment you say ytou can't blame AMFA members for being unhappy with Delle! But you say that TWU members are upset with the TWU?

Don't you think that TWU members are unhappy with LITTLE? and his assisiting in the rape of TWU members at the bequest of management?
Hopeful, I'm guessing here that you are referring to the concessionary package. The one the floor approved to keep out of BK.

I believe the members need someone to blame for the continuing change in our industry, so they blame Jim Little. Fact is, our industry was turning back around to profit , consumer confidence was up , and then the cost of fuel skyrocketting set us on our heels. Our economy is regulating our industry, not Jim Little.

Approved by a vote that left out 3,000 voters. A vote that was run by a company(AAA) that was run by AMR executives. A yes vote that was sold to the membership by the TWU because AA had shown "ALL" it's books to ECLAT(accounting firm used by AA) and that AA would "share" and "sacrifice". Of course, ECLAT didn't see the SERPA scam by Carty,Arpey,and friends. If ECLAT didn't see the SERPA what else did they happen to miss?

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Approved by a vote that left out 3,000 voters. A vote that was run by a company(AAA) that was run by AMR executives. A yes vote that was sold to the membership by the TWU because AA had shown "ALL" it's books to ECLAT(accounting firm used by AA) and that AA would "share" and "sacrifice". Of course, ECLAT didn't see the SERPA scam by Carty,Arpey,and friends. If ECLAT didn't see the SERPA what else did they happen to miss?
Dont forget the fact that the pin numbers were sequential with the seniority list and that the votes could be changed. The TWU could have changed peoples votes without their knowledge.

Eclat apparently missed the $988 million in "Goodwill" that AA "lost", plus the prepaid leases, perhaps accellerated depreciation, etc.

One of the definitions for eclat is scandal.

Your number of 3000 is incorrect, it was closer to 250, but spew your lies as you wish. By both your statements you would have seen us in BK, great move...just ask the furloughed at NWA or UAL. Jim Little did what his title dictates for him to do...he saved the jobs of his members, tough pill to swallow, but he did it.

Your number of 3000 is incorrect, it was closer to 250, but spew your lies as you wish.

Doesn't matter if it was 3000 or 1, point is it was a tainted vote. I know if it was me that didn't get to vote I would be pretty pissed.

What do you have to say to the Tech Services guys that voted it down and got told they would accept the contract anyways!!!

Thrustfuljet said:
Doesn't matter if it was 3000 or 1, point is it was a tainted vote. I know if it was me that didn't get to vote I would be pretty pissed.

What do you have to say to the Tech Services guys that voted it down and got told they would accept the contract anyways!!!
I would say that the number one priority is the continued employment of our members.

The vote was not tainted, the members voted it passed! A percentage did not vote! That is normal. The three Unions came together and enhanced the deal after the Carty Screw up!

You all must live in another world!!! It was even held up in court!!!!

You know, these are the same arguments done last year! I get an impression many of the Amfa wannabes have thrown in the towel on the appeal with the NMB and are gearing up to start a new drive!!!!! Same old rhetoric!!!!

Checking it Out said:
The vote was not tainted, the members voted it passed! A percentage did not vote! That is normal. The three Unions came together and enhanced the deal after the Carty Screw up!

You know, these are the same arguments done last year! I get an impression many of the Amfa wannabes have thrown in the towel on the appeal with the NMB and are gearing up to start a new drive!!!!! Same old rhetoric!!!!
Well CIO one thing for sure...their crying won't change none and if there isn't a disaster in our company or industry, they won't have a platform to launch a drive on....had it not been for the concessions they would not have received near the cards they did. They'll have to pray for bad news...kinda sad isn't it.

Nightwatch said:
I would say that the number one priority is the continued employment of our members.
More like the continued dues flow plus the $3.1 million that the company gives to the TWU. Notice that was one of the few things that was left in place.

You seem to have completely forgotten that thousands of our members are laid off.

The vote was tainted. Thousands were not even given the opportunity to vote. For all we know the TWU could have voted for the crew chiefs. Even Sonny Hall admitted that the vote was screwed up. Why did Little promise, then cancell the revote? Because he knew that the members would have rejected it and the company would have yanked their $3.1 million.

What was held up in court? You are lying again. What happened in court was that a restraining order against the company and the TWU was denied. The case was never heard. The TWU argued that the members are not entitled to vote on their own contracts and the judge agreed.

Well if we dont get an election this year it will be next year. Dissatifaction with the TWU is not confined to mechanics. I've spoken to cabin cleaners and they will fill out cards, many have already filled out AGW cards.

Bob, the twu wannabes prefer to recognize those laid off at other airlines and not the thousands laid off at AA. Thats why they are not working to bring back those laid off here while AMFA if fighting for those laid off members at NWA. AMFA is just more focused on labor issues than the twu. It could be they are just trying to divert the attention of the twu membership or a combination of both but, either way is is a shame!!!

Checking it Out said:
Did you vote on the presidents position with the International?
cio, did you get a ballot to vote on the International president or any International officer?

So far I have received several ballots on AMFA National officers but, perhaps the twu's got lost in the mail.

Rusty said:
cio, did you get a ballot to vote on the International president or any International officer?

So far I have received several ballots on AMFA National officers but, perhaps the twu's got lost in the mail.
Well shoot up a flare...and who is running for el presidente? Only Delle? Again? So who you voting for president?..HAHAHA! Oh Boy! I getta vooote!

Nightwatch:

First, nobody is running against Delle.

Second, what is so radical about getting a ballot in the mail to vote on the TWU ARD upper crust and teh TWU INternational upper crust.

Why do they fear having the members vote directly for them?

Why do they fear having the members vote directly for them?

Clearly because they fear being held accountable for the lousy job they have done.

Latest posts