Local 514 Officers - Make Fools of Themselves at AFW

Checking it Out said:
<DIV><FONT size=5>How much are AMFA dues?</FONT>
<P align=justify> </P>
<P align=justify><FONT size=3>According to local 19 2001 LM-2, Labor Organization Annual Report, their dues were stated as .93 to .48.</P>
</DIV>
Workers Oppose AFL-CIO's $35 Million Electioneering
Hundreds of suits pending against Big Labor nationwide

FOR RELEASE: October 9 1996
AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation and a group of local workers today announced their response to the AFL-CIO’s multi-million dollar campaign to influence the nation’s congressional elections this fall.

On top of the usual hundreds of millions of dollars in ‘soft money’ (in-kind) campaign dollars that organized labor will spend and spends normally in an election cycle, the AFL-CIO is in the midst of a $35 million campaign, called "Project 96," targeting the defeat of 75 House members. The giant union federation will fund the project with a ‘per capita’ assessment on its affiliate unions.

"Sixty-two percent of union workers oppose the AFL-CIO’s campaign of using compulsory dues in their attempts to take control of Congress," stated Timothy McConville, vice president of the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation. "That’s why the Right to Work Foundation has launched a nationwide counter-campaign to tell workers the truth and to help them assert their rights."

As part of the effort, Foundation attorneys have filed unfair labor practice charges at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) on behalf of three employees at Johnson Controls, Inc., a federal contractor at Fort Gordon. The employees, Tommy Holderfield, Steven Nichols, Burton Ayeres, Jr., brought charges against the Transport Workers Union of America (TWUA) after union officials demanded they pay dues just to keep their jobs.

Because these employees work at Fort Gordon, a federal enclave, they are not protected by Georgia’s Right to Work law, which would allow them the absolute freedom to cut off any payment whatsoever to the labor union.

TWUA chiefs ordered Johnson Controls employees to pay undocumented and illegally high forced-dues amounts in violation of the Foundation-won Supreme Court decision in CWA v. Beck, which grants workers the right to withhold forced dues not spent for collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance adjustment.
The three workers are asking the NLRB to order TWUA officials to properly account for their forced-dues demand and to ensure that the union is using none of the dues for political and other activities unrelated to collective bargaining.

"So far the NLRB has refused to issue a complaint in the case," stated McConville. "Today, I’m calling on Fred Feinstein, the General Counsel of the NLRB, to process the Holderfield case so that these workers are restored their freedom."

The Foundation has also embarked on a massive campaign to inform workers of their right not to pay for Big Labor’s politics. The Foundation opened a special toll-free hot line, 1-888-RTW-4ALL, designed to handle workers’ inquiries and dispense legal information. Dubbed Operation Liberty Bell, the informational effort has generated hundreds of calls to the Foundation from workers seeking to cut off the use of their dues for politics. Foundation attorneys now have over 300 cases on behalf of workers who object to their unions’ political activities.

CIO, you know what they say about people living in glass houses :lol: :lol: :lol:

Checking it Out said:
How much are AMFA dues
The Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teamsters question AFL-CIO loyalties
Donald Lambro
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Published 3/3/2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organized labor's lockstep political loyalty to the Democratic Party is not a sure thing anymore. Unions from the Teamsters to the carpenters are challenging the AFL-CIO's leadership and questioning its one-party policy
The latest example of this upheaval in labor's ranks occurred last week, when the cash-strapped AFL-CIO gathered in New Orleans to vote on a mandatory assessment on the federation's 66 unions to raise more than $17 million for its political campaigns.
The Teamsters, one of the AFL-CIO's biggest and most politically active unions, voted against the monthly dues increase. Teamsters political director Michael Mathis said it was because the AFL-CIO plans to spend part of the money for Democratic Rep. David E. Bonior's gubernatorial campaign in Michigan. The Teamsters are supporting Democrat Jennifer Granholm.
But Teamsters President James P. Hoffa has bigger problems with the AFL-CIO. He thinks the labor movement led by AFL-CIO President John J. Sweeney has been too one-sided in its politics and its campaign contributions, that it has not paid enough attention to issues that union members care about most — especially economic issues — and that the time has come to work with the Bush administration and the Republicans in Congress when it suits labor's interests.
White House political affairs director Ken Mehlman and a team of outside Republican lobbyists have been working behind the scenes to build closer ties to the Teamsters, trades unions such as the carpenters and service unions on such issues as oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), health care and job creation.
Labor Secretary Elaine L. Chao addressed the AFL-CIO conference Tuesday and urged support for President Bush's energy plan, which will create thousands of union jobs. She has met with dozens of labor leaders in the past year as part of a determined drive by the White House to compete more aggressively with the Democrats for rank-and-file labor support in November and in 2004 for Mr. Bush's expected re-election campaign.
Organized labor may not be the powerful political force in the midterm elections this year that it has been in past campaigns. The recession and subsequent layoffs, especially in manufacturing, have cost unions thousands of members and the dues they pay. And that loss has cut deeply into labor's campaign finances.
Division within the AFL-CIO's ranks threatens to further weaken the federation's financial clout. When the carpenters union pulled out of the AFL-CIO last March, it also pulled $8 million in union dues out of the AFL-CIO's treasury — money that has become increasingly difficult to make up as labor's membership has declined.
"This is the only union to leave the AFL-CIO in many years, and it created a huge disturbance in our ranks. They don't like the way John Sweeney is managing the AFL-CIO because of the way he has built up a huge bureaucracy, playing politics here, rather than putting workers in the field," said a union adviser.
"The AFL-CIO's agenda has nothing to do with the economics of union members, and there is a chance that a couple of more unions may break away from it," the adviser said. Mr. Hoffa is leading the dissident labor movement to begin working more closely with the Bush administration on issues that will help create jobs and, he hopes, more union members for the Teamsters.
"We need a significant number of Republicans to support us on a wide range of issues," Mr. Mathis told reporters last week at the AFL-CIO meeting.
"We have to build a base of support in the Republican Party. Any way you put it, the AFL-CIO dues increase is going to be seen as a pool of money to be used to beat Republicans," he said.
Mr. Hoffa, described by union lobbyists as a conservative on cultural issues and family values, has said that many of his members are conservative on such issues as gun control and abortion. Mr. Bush drew the support of about one-third of union household voters in 2000.
Administration officials say they are making headway in their campaign for union support on key issues and believe that Mr. Hoffa has had substantial influence in what they see as the break-up of old labor union alliances.
A small sign of the changes in labor's approach to the midterm elections this year came in New Orleans on Tuesday, when Steve Rosenthal, the AFL-CIO's political director, said, "We're not saying that our goal is to have a Democratic majority in the House. We want to have a pro-working family majority in the House."

Copyright © 2002 News World Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.

Return to the article

jake said:
RUM@AA

Are you saying that "right-to-work" is a good thing?
Right-to-Work is irrelevant to those of us under the Railway Labor Act, just as the TWU will soon be irrelevant to those of us in the Mechanic and Related Craft or Class!

jake said:
RUM@AA

Are you saying that "right-to-work" is a good thing?
No, I'm pointing out to CIO that his beloved TWU and AFL-CIO are guilty of dues assessment over and above the normal amount. He claims AMFA does it, well here are two instances where the TWU and AFL-CIO did it too. just do a search on "afl-cio" + dues assessment" and you'll get about 25 hits or more.
When the AFL-CIO needs extra cash to get liberals elected, they up the dues. Only the carpenter's union is smart enough to say "ENOUGH!"
As far as RTW, I have always said that the only unions afraid of giving their members the freedom to choose, are lousy worthless unions like the TWU. :down: How quickly would they sell us out if we could pull our dues? Not too.
For the record: I don't think people should be forced to join unions and I don't think Unions should be forced to represent people who don't pay dues.
Is that too simple for people to understand?

Rum

You are comparing apples to oranges, amfa can raise dues during negotiations without a vote and will directly affect the members.

The AFL-CIO raised dues with a vote and did not directly affect the members, only the locals!

Checking it Out said:
Rum

You are comparing apples to oranges, amfa can raise dues during negotiations without a vote and will directly affect the members.

The AFL-CIO raised dues with a vote and did not directly affect the members, only the locals!
Apples and Oranges? I think comparing AMFA against the work of the TWU creates an entire debate of Apples compared to Oranges.

Show us where AMFA ever did anything like the list below. Talk about directly affecting the members:

17.5 % Base Rate Pay Reduction
Loss of 5 Paid Holidays
Loss of 5 Paid Vacation Days
Loss of 7 Paid Sick Days per Year
50% Pay Reduction on First Two Sick Days per Occurrence
Loss of 2.5 Times Pay on Worked Holidays
Loss of Skill/License Pay for RIF’d Mechanics
Loss of Longevity Pay
Loss of Shift Differential
Over 3500 TWU Members Lost Job Security Protection
Removal of “PILOT CAPâ€￾ on Medical Premiums
Major Reduction in Medical and Dental Benefits
Undetermined Rises in Payroll Deduction for Medical/Dental Benefits
Elimination of Penalty Lunch
Modified Crew Chief Ratios that Demoted Crew Chiefs
Elimination of Weekend Premium Pay at TUL/AFW
Loss of Overtime Meal Allowance
Loss of 2X pay for 2nd Day Off Overtime
Reduction of Vacation Accrual

Yep, until someone shows a list like that AMFA ever negotiated, comparing AMFA vs TWU will always remain comparing Apples to Oranges.

We won't be able to compare what amfa would do untill they have a Sect1113 negotiation. But we can compare what happened when the playing field was level two and a half years ago.

TWU got higher pay!
TWU got 100% Retro! (amfa retro less than 10%)
TWU got better Retirement!
TWU kept work in-house! (amfa blundered into it's 38% fiasco)

I guess if I was an amfa backer I wouldn't want to talk about this either! :p

AAmech said:
We won't be able to compare what amfa would do untill they have a Sect1113 negotiation. But we can compare what happened when the playing field was level two and a half years ago.

TWU got higher pay!
TWU got 100% Retro! (amfa retro less than 10%)
TWU got better Retirement!
TWU kept work in-house! (amfa blundered into it's 38% fiasco)

I guess if I was an amfa backer I wouldn't want to talk about this either! :p
The PEB received higher pay because the mechanics at NWA fought for their profession. Of course the TWU followed, they almost always do. The exception being they are the leader when it comes to concessions.

Did all of the mechanic Craft and Class receives full RETRO?, I am a B-Scaler and have yet to receive any RETRO from that debacle.

TWU received better retirement, how was that paid for? The B-scale, C-scale, Junior Mechanic classification and the SRP/OSM classification.

TWU scope language allows for unlimited outsourcing. That report the company gives the TWU must be around here somewhere. Maybe that is one of the errors Jim Little is referring to?

Dave (Mo),
That response was so very typical of your mindset. RTW is only important to people that actually care about “laborâ€. We know you don’t fit in that category. You fit in the “offer up someone else’s job†category. Which proves your eccentric, egotistical, ME, ME, ME, over inflated sense of self worth attitude. You are always the first one to “look out for number one†while always blaming someone else. Beating your chest and with one side of your forked tongue saying, “ support AMFA, we’ll protect you job and wagesâ€, and then comes “Take the lay-offs, protect the profession†and then with the other side of the tongue you say “ oh, take his job, not mineâ€. The test remains open Mo, step up the plate and prove you are a man of principle and not a shallow liar. Protect the profession by resigning and saving someone’s job from lay-off. Take your own advice and “take one for the teamâ€! Show us all (including your AMFA boys) that you believe what you preach. We all know you won’t, it’s the yellow streak on your back that gives you away everywhere you go, you’re a coward!

P.S.
But you do have freakish computer skills! :blink:

jake said:
Dave (Mo),
That response was so very typical of your mindset. RTW is only important to people that actually care about “laborâ€. We know you don’t fit in that category. You fit in the “offer up someone else’s job†category. Which proves your eccentric, egotistical, ME, ME, ME, over inflated sense of self worth attitude. You are always the first one to “look out for number one†while always blaming someone else. Beating your chest and with one side of your forked tongue saying, “ support AMFA, we’ll protect you job and wagesâ€, and then comes “Take the lay-offs, protect the profession†and then with the other side of the tongue you say “ oh, take his job, not mineâ€. The test remains open Mo, step up the plate and prove you are a man of principle and not a shallow liar. Protect the profession by resigning and saving someone’s job from lay-off. Take your own advice and “take one for the teamâ€! Show us all (including your AMFA boys) that you believe what you preach. We all know you won’t, it’s the yellow streak on your back that gives you away everywhere you go, you’re a coward!

P.S.
But you do have freakish computer skills! :blink:
How about a NATION WIDE Right-to-Work plan?

AFL-CIO plans new union for unrepresented workers

AFL-CIO plans new union for unrepresented workers

Sarah A. Webster
Detroit Free Press
Sept. 3, 2003 12:00 AM

DETROIT - AFL-CIO President John Sweeney is expected to announce in Detroit
today the formation of a newfangled labor union that is specifically for
employees who don't have union representation at work.

To be called "Working America," the new national union will serve as a voice
for non-union and unemployed workers on labor issues, Sweeney is slated to
tell a luncheon meeting of the Detroit Economic Club.

Unlike many unions, such as the United Auto Workers, Working America will
not be industry- or workplace-based or have bargaining power.

Instead, it will recruit members through a neighborhood-based, door-to-door
campaign that the AFL-CIO tested out during pilot programs in Cleveland and
Seattle.

:shock: CHECK THAT OUT! The AFL-CIO is now going to represent workers who DONT bother to PAY DUES. Isn't that the arguement against RTW? That workers would be represented without having to pay dues? :shock:

And to top that, the TWU-ATD Director brags about the AFL-CIO's National Right-to-Work Plan..

http://twuatd.org/default.asp?id=93&ACT=5&...tent=413&mnu=93

Checking it Out said:
Rum

And where exactly do the locals get their money? Gee, I thought it came from the members. :shock:
And who was it that voted for the AFL-CIO dues assessment? The members? NO.
However, AMFA members did vote for the AMFA constitution. :D

And just what are you proud of? Being told what to do by Sonny Hall? Our one and only $200,000.00/year bus driver? :down:

Say it loud and proud CIO...
:lol: baaaaaaaaaa
:lol: baaaaaaaaaa
:shock: owww!

Dave (Mo),
Once again, you failed to read (or can you?). “Working Americans†will not be industry based, workplace based or have bargaining power. Again, you demonstrate that you couldn’t care less about anyone except yourself. These folks won’t pay dues because a Union will not be bargaining their wages, benefits and working conditions. When and if that happens, they will, but that doesn’t mean that these working folks should be ignored either, only people like you think that! ME,ME, ME….I know it’s hard to get over, but you should at least try. The option is still open for you to prove yourself NOT to be a coward, but as of yet you haven’t stepped up. Will you ever? We know you won’t, you’ll just keep trying to convince others to “protect the profession†as long as you don’t have to give up your job.

jake said:
Dave (Mo),
Once again, you failed to read (or can you?). “Working Americans†will not be industry based, workplace based or have bargaining power. Again, you demonstrate that you couldn’t care less about anyone except yourself. These folks won’t pay dues because a Union will not be bargaining their wages, benefits and working conditions. When and if that happens, they will, but that doesn’t mean that these working folks should be ignored either, only people like you think that! ME,ME, ME….I know it’s hard to get over, but you should at least try. The option is still open for you to prove yourself NOT to be a coward, but as of yet you haven’t stepped up. Will you ever? We know you won’t, you’ll just keep trying to convince others to “protect the profession†as long as you don’t have to give up your job.
jake,

You claim to know my identity. You hide behind an alias.

Then you call me the coward.

THAT's a GOOD ONE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave(Mo),
I guess RV4 is on your birth certificate? :p

P.S.

Just so everyone else will know, I call you a coward because you expect others to take lay-offs in order to protect your interests. The I'm not a "coward" challenge still stands. Dave (Mo), (RV4), (whoever), Quit AA now and show us ALL that your really believe what you tell others to do! Don't just talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk!or......your a coward!