TWU merger update [fleet service]

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Authorization card update; Systemwide a few hundred cards have now been signed in only a couple weeks.

The TWU will need more authorization cards to force an election. CLT is signing the most.

To PHL: The TWU needs at least one person [female or male],who can't be intimidated, to take care of a card drive in PHL. I myself won't have any problem coming to PHL to get this done if there is someone who will step up and start a card drive there. I would even love to debate Armedio, Chandlee, Flynn, and their dogs too in front of you guys so all the facts can come out and the IAM rhetoric can be shown. They have nothing to stand on except hanging their hats on intimidation tactics which don't work with some of us. Contact me by
email at: [email protected]

To PIT: The TWU needs someone in PIT to start a card drive ANd/OR get a list of workers who are now working for other carriers in PIT, including MDA.

To CLT: Keep up the good card drive. Even if PIT or PHL has difficulty with a drive, the TWU is getting cards from alot of other stations to help the TWU reach the number they need to cover 7,550 eligible [should be able to get the numbers even lower].

Let's get this done before Mid January.

regards,

The sheep in PHL deserve everything they get from the IAM

Still don't know what it is the IAM gave away everything!

I for one believe the workers deserve exactly what they are

getting. Nothing!

What about the guy who works in PHL catering ?
From what I herd he seemed to have intimidated Armedo and he didnt take any BS from him .

Authorization card update; Systemwide a few hundred cards have now been signed in only a couple weeks.

The TWU will need more authorization cards to force an election. CLT is signing the most.

To PHL: The TWU needs at least one person [female or male],who can't be intimidated, to take care of a card drive in PHL. I myself won't have any problem coming to PHL to get this done if there is someone who will step up and start a card drive there. I would even love to debate Armedio, Chandlee, Flynn, and their dogs too in front of you guys so all the facts can come out and the IAM rhetoric can be shown. They have nothing to stand on except hanging their hats on intimidation tactics which don't work with some of us. Contact me by
email at: [email protected]

To PIT: The TWU needs someone in PIT to start a card drive ANd/OR get a list of workers who are now working for other carriers in PIT, including MDA.

To CLT: Keep up the good card drive. Even if PIT or PHL has difficulty with a drive, the TWU is getting cards from alot of other stations to help the TWU reach the number they need to cover 7,550 eligible [should be able to get the numbers even lower].

Let's get this done before Mid January.

regards,

:down:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051220/nytu123.html?.v=34

Read it here Tim,

If you think for one minute that an election would result in a better situation, you really need your head examined.

1 election TWU -VS- IAM = NO UNION.

That's the reality, and don't say it won't happen, you know it will.

What about the guy who works in PHL catering ?
From what I herd he seemed to have intimidated Armedo and he didnt take any BS from him .

That would be John Coia who is a solid union guy, but I believe he retired. If John was still working, my bet is that PHL would have more cards signed than CLT at this point. However, if there is someone else then send them my email address if they want to get this thing done.

Pat Joyce was another one that never backed down but he is also retired.

regards,

:down:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051220/nytu123.html?.v=34

Read it here Tim,

If you think for one minute that an election would result in a better situation, you really need your head examined.

1 election TWU -VS- IAM = NO UNION.

That's the reality, and don't say it won't happen, you know it will.

Geez, they had valhalla at the palm of their hands and they let it go. They had the AIRPORT under one union and they let it slip away. CS and Fleet under ONE union would have benifited everyone at Airtran.

Tim:
You know Fleet Service has never been able to get 50% of anything. Force an election & no union

That's not true.

At any rate, if someone is afraid of losing a contract that is worse than non-union competitors:
1.has one of the worst retirement contribution for part timers in the industry
2. Has one of the worst sick policies in the industry.
3. Has one of the worst vacation policies in the industry.
4. among the very worst in airline pay.
5. one of the worst health care benefits.

then they shouldn't sign a card. Those who are signing cards want the hope of something better.

Look, you don't need a union to get you what you have, but you do need better representation to get you something better.

regards,

**Edited by Moderator: Double Post**

Even if an election is held and the TWU wins, you are still going to work under the current CBA until the amendable date in 2009.

Tim, do people who are furloughed have the option to sign a card and vote if it gets to that point?

Because under the RLA a change in representation does not open up an exsisting CBA.

Labor related although not specific to the topic:

I work with a few older guys who are collecting pensions for the same reason I collect a pension, the places we worked at went down the toilet while the CEO's shouted with glee with their golden parachutes.

Anyway it seems these guys worked two and even three times as long as I did to receive these pensions, and it turns out the amount they are receiving is less than I am receiving thanks to the IAM.

I have been hard on the IAM, but when I see real world hard cold facts talking to real living people who have been their and done that at other union places of work, well the IAM really does shine.

Every union in the universe is now under siege selectively being hunted down and crushed via our current government, with a pinhead at the top of it who can't even make a decent speech without falling all over himself portraying the good ole USA as a people who elects morons. That moron has sanctioned labor’s demise in this country and from my point of view every union has suffered immeasurably, but at least the IAM still stands and fights for workers rights. For proof in the pudding the IAM is coming out ahead and above many other union organizations in this war on working America. I see it in my monthly pension check, for one example.

25 year steel worker collecting several hundred dollars less in pension than I do with only less than 15 years service, I think we have a problem here Huston, and the answer is not Bush, or the PBGC…….