Amfa Card Count

twuer said:
I have talked with 7-8 mechanics in TUL in the last couple of days who had signed amfa cards but oops, they are now expired!
Wow, that's fantastic, a union officer actually talks to 7-8 guys on the floor over a couple of days. You sure it wasn't 7-8 other officers over a couple of drinks.
And the nerve of you to not get the cards re-signed, I thought you wanted this drive over with so you can go back to making $143k a year. :bleh: :bleh:

AMFAMAN said:
Wow, that's fantastic, a union officer actually talks to 7-8 guys on the floor over a couple of days. You sure it wasn't 7-8 other officers over a couple of drinks.
And the nerve of you to not get the cards re-signed, I thought you wanted this drive over with so you can go back to making $143k a year. :bleh: :bleh:
Who said I was an officer????
You guys are full of WRONG information aren't you??!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it nice of the TWU industrial unionist to keep us updated on the current status of OUR card count? Maybe your Shop Steward color coded crew list scared the member and he lied to you. I remember hearing about this activity in Communist Russia, some goon kept track of loyalty and then dissidents disappeared overnight. Just as Communist Russia fell, so will the TWU.

Fishing for information is more the motto of twuer. Your next card count update will be in the form of the NMB filing.

"What part of we want a new union DON'T you understand"?

At least we do not have to require a signed letter of allegiance to determine who our allies are. Do you really believe coherced loyalty in the Local By-Laws in going to stop this movement?

You guys are nothing but paranoid panicking losers.

TWU informer said:
Isn't it nice of the TWU industrial unionist to keep us updated on the current status of OUR card count? Maybe your Shop Steward color coded crew list scared the member and he lied to you. I remember hearing about this activity in Communist Russia, some goon kept track of loyalty and then dissidents disappeared overnight. Just as Communist Russia fell, so will the TWU.

Fishing for information is more the motto of twuer. Your next card count update will be in the form of the NMB filing.

"What part of we want a new union DON'T you understand"?

At least we do not have to require a signed letter of allegiance to determine who our allies are. Do you really believe coherced loyalty in the Local By-Laws in going to stop this movement?

You guys are nothing but paranoid panicking losers.
I was just passing on some information is all.

Geez, who's the one that sounds panicky????

tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. . . . .
:D

twuer said:

Geez, who's the one that sound panicky????
Could you give us some worthwhile information?

Like, what is the current outsource percentage and what is the source of the data?

Or, what is the status of the TWU International 29D Grievance regarding force majeure layoffs at AA?

Or, is the CFM-56 backshop work staying in house or is it lost to Maintenance by the Hour Contracting?

Or, why does AMR have the money ot buy 42 Rj's and bid $310 Million on another airline's assets just 7 months after threats of bankruptcy?

Or, how about, why does the TWU Local Secretary make more money than 60% of the Local AMT's?

Anything would be helpful.

We can keep tabs on our own card count, but can you answer anything of substance?

TWU informer said:
twuer said:

Geez, who's the one that sound panicky????
Could you give us some worthwhile information?

Like, what is the current outsource percentage and what is the source of the data?

Or, what is the status of the TWU International 29D Grievance regarding force majeure layoffs at AA?

Or, is the CFM-56 backshop work staying in house or is it lost to Maintenance by the Hour Contracting?

Or, why does AMR have the money ot buy 42 Rj's and bid $310 Million on another airline's assets just 7 months after threats of bankruptcy?

Or, how about, why does the TWU Local Secretary make more money than 60% of the Local AMT's?

Anything would be helpful.

We can keep tabs on our own card count, but can you answer anything of substance?
I am bumping this back up to the top because I think that Informer asked some very valid questions.

Could one of you TWU cheerleaders provide some real answers and not get sidetracked?

Thanks

Maybe your Shop Steward color coded crew list scared the member and he lied to you. I remember hearing about this activity in Communist Russia, some goon kept track of loyalty and then dissidents disappeared overnight.

Now weren't you the same guy that defended amfa in their mailing list? You're act a lot like amfa, talking out of both sides of your mouth again.

Looks like I need to bump this again with the hopes that someone from the TWU might have more brains than "Calvin" and may be able to answer the questions that Informer asked and we have all been waiting for since the 13th of Feburary.

Certainly it doesn't take 11 days to find the answers to these questions if the TWU is such a democratic and informative union these answers should be readily available for you to provide.

And Calvin, get a life and quit trying to change the subject away from serious answers with your childish antics... they aren't amusing.

Cooper said:
It appears that AMFA got off to a good start but, does not have the horsepower to finnish the race, the drive only has 4 months left and the card count is not even at 52% , 9% is quite alot to get in only 4 months, apparently the TWU PR firm is doing a good job of making the TWU look good.

I personally would prefere AMFA over the TWU but, it appears that the TWU move in hiring the PR firm is proving very fruitfull for them, maybe AMFA should start thinking about hiring a PR firm to make them look good, amateur promoters against professional promoters is a bad idea ? :shock:

8313 Total Signed Election Authorization Cards by Station and Title Group:
Updated, Thursday November 13, 2003 at 12:24:32 PM. Our goal is to obtain 60% of the Craft and Class of
Mechanic and Related, and at this time, our estimate of that number, with 'elbow room' is approximately 9,675 cards.
Using that number, at this time, we are about 86.0% to our goal, or approximately 51.5% of our Craft and Class. Good job so far, and let's :(
REDOUBLE our efforts and GET THIS
This is the thread starter, it appears this is bearing fruit! The organizers are reporting all over the AA system now the card drive is far short of the cards needed to file for an election! Many organizers have dropped off and have come to the conclusion they been lied to. Rumors are now circulate from amfa that they have forged some cards in order to inflate the numbers and members have asked for their cards back and have been refused!

Despiration is setting in and half-truths are flying!

Checking it Out said:
Cooper said:
It appears that AMFA got off to a good start but, does not have the horsepower to finnish the race, the drive only has 4 months left and the card count is not even at 52% , 9% is quite alot to get in only 4 months, apparently the TWU PR firm is doing a good job of making the TWU look good.

I personally would prefere AMFA over the TWU but, it appears that the TWU move in hiring the PR firm is proving very fruitfull for them, maybe AMFA should start thinking about hiring a PR firm to make them look good, amateur promoters against professional promoters is a bad idea ? :shock:

8313 Total Signed Election Authorization Cards by Station and Title Group:
Updated, Thursday November 13, 2003 at 12:24:32 PM. Our goal is to obtain 60% of the Craft and Class of
Mechanic and Related, and at this time, our estimate of that number, with 'elbow room' is approximately 9,675 cards.
Using that number, at this time, we are about 86.0% to our goal, or approximately 51.5% of our Craft and Class. Good job so far, and let's :(
REDOUBLE our efforts and GET THIS
This is the thread starter, it appears this is bearing fruit! The organizers are reporting all over the AA system now the card drive is far short of the cards needed to file for an election! Many organizers have dropped off and have come to the conclusion they been lied to. Rumors are now circulate from amfa that they have forged some cards in order to inflate the numbers and members have asked for their cards back and have been refused!

Despiration is setting in and half-truths are flying!
CIO What planet are you living on? Come out from your dream world. AMFA has more than enough cards to file believe me and none of them are forged. That sounds more like a TWU tactic. You see AMFA has credibility something the TWU greatly lacks, and according to Little himself could not even attempt to assure credibility by allowing a full membership re-vote on our recent concessions after news of the SERP scam. WAKE UP CIO AMFA is coming like it or not. And we really won't need your vote we will have plenty . SO WAKE UP ! And try not to be so ignorant of all the facts laid before you. BYE TWU HELLO AMFA.

Larry what dream world you living in? After a while of continous lies the organizers are more than willing to talk about the deception you are attempting to portray!

Mary...may I call ya Lou? Listen babe...I know you're new around these parts but don't get attached to the first guy that pays you any attention. If dave's lips are moving, he's lying to benefit himself, ya can take that to the bank girl!

Checking it Out said:
Larry what dream world you living in? After a while of continous lies the organizers are more than willing to talk about the deception you are attempting to portray!
cio, teamtwu and twu international officials are the ones living in a world of their own making. That world will face the facts of reality after AMFA wins the upcoming election. :)