TWU Negotiations A Failed Strategy

After the TWU sold out our profession by letting a FSC without experiance to become a mechanic without an interview, and go right to the top of the pay scale. The TWU better come through with a good contract. I'm done with this union, and would prefer no union to this union. Delta seems like a good operation, maybe they have it right.

Does the UPS and FedEx mechanics have a union?

After the TWU sold out our profession by letting a FSC without experiance to become a mechanic without an interview, and go right to the top of the pay scale. The TWU better come through with a good contract. I'm done with this union, and would prefer no union to this union. Delta seems like a good operation, maybe they have it right.

Does the UPS and FedEx mechanics have a union?

UPS AMTs are represented by the Teamsters. The Fed Ex AMTs remain without representation. At Delta, they too remain unrepresented. Do not assume all is well at Delta, I have a brother that works there, and they have there own soap opera going on there as well.

http://www.ajc.com/business/delta-baggage-handlers-vote-746032.html

http://www.bnet.com/blog/airline-business/delta-flight-attendants-reject-unionization-following-northwest-merger/2806

Paying the TWU $600 a year to see that money going for arbitration cases for guys that should be fired, and go to political campaigns for politicians i don't agree with. Only to get a TA that the company was going to GIVE to the non union AA employees anyway. Makes me feel I'm wasting my money. Lets not forget that we pay for our stewards/executive board members to have UB days on the holidays or weekends (not all the time but it does happen every so often), and for the conventions in LAS. Lets not forget that we didn't join a union, and the union got us a job at AA. We got the job at AA and were forced to join the TWU, unless you are a FSC and you hired on as a FSC and got your A&P (no experience) and just transfer into maint. way to degrade our profession, not saying that FSC's are bad, just that in order to work at AA you have to have 3 years experiance unless you came from the ramp.

The LM-2 says that Gless made $183k, what a great deal for us..................... <_<

http://www.bnet.com/blog/airline-business/delta-flight-attendants-reject-unionization-following-northwest-merger/2806

Paying the TWU $600 a year to see that money going for arbitration cases for guys that should be fired, and go to political campaigns for politicians i don't agree with. Only to get a TA that the company was going to GIVE to the non union AA employees anyway. Makes me feel I'm wasting my money. Lets not forget that we pay for our stewards/executive board members to have UB days on the holidays or weekends (not all the time but it does happen every so often), and for the conventions in LAS. Lets not forget that we didn't join a union, and the union got us a job at AA. We got the job at AA and were forced to join the TWU, unless you are a FSC and you hired on as a FSC and got your A&P (no experience) and just transfer into maint. way to degrade our profession, not saying that FSC's are bad, just that in order to work at AA you have to have 3 years experiance unless you came from the ramp.

The LM-2 says that Gless made $183k, what a great deal for us..................... <_<

If you consider yourself a professional, and care about the future of AA AMT's, please spread the word and help us organize. Enough is enough!
GO AMP!

odie01

I think that your last post is compelling evidence that you harbor very bitter feelings towards your co-workers. If I could coax you off your soap-box for just a moment so we can examine in detail the present state of your alleged distress.
As for my present employer who is AA, and I am a FSC, who is also part-time, and only has 3 years seniority. You have taken upon a mission that can never be won. Some might call you having a Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I’ll grant you this, some FSC can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. But others who are now co-pilots of our 757, 737 est. I will not allow you or any of your kind to degrade, belittle or disrespect anyone in my work group. If you have a problem, with the way AA hires for your class then please call HR. That number is in Jetnet. You shouldn’t be so narcissistic. And you shouldn’t feel that your job duties are slowly being stripped away from your work group ether. I don’t have the date that deicing, pushbacks, brake riding, and maybe other things you hold so dear where given to title III. But in reading and working in 4 different airports this has been common practice for all airlines for a very long time. So to make a long story just a little shorter.

Get over it and find yourself a hobby or something. And if you can’t…..seek professional help for your complaints and stop blaming Title III and stop grandstanding. Because your “Chicken Little” cries are just falling on deaf ears.

odie01

I think that your last post is compelling evidence that you harbor very bitter feelings towards your co-workers. If I could coax you off your soap-box for just a moment so we can examine in detail the present state of your alleged distress.
As for my present employer who is AA, and I am a FSC, who is also part-time, and only has 3 years seniority. You have taken upon a mission that can never be won. Some might call you having a Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I’ll grant you this, some FSC can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. But others who are now co-pilots of our 757, 737 est. I will not allow you or any of your kind to degrade, belittle or disrespect anyone in my work group. If you have a problem, with the way AA hires for your class then please call HR. That number is in Jetnet. You shouldn’t be so narcissistic. And you shouldn’t feel that your job duties are slowly being stripped away from your work group ether. I don’t have the date that deicing, pushbacks, brake riding, and maybe other things you hold so dear where given to title III. But in reading and working in 4 different airports this has been common practice for all airlines for a very long time. So to make a long story just a little shorter.

Get over it and find yourself a hobby or something. And if you can’t…..seek professional help for your complaints and stop blaming Title III and stop grandstanding. Because your “Chicken Little” cries are just falling on deaf ears.
If you look back I accidentally took credit for Duke787's post, but I do agree with what he is saying. I have plenty of hobbies and enjoy working on aircraft. I think most mechanics would agree that it is time to seperate ourselves from this catch all, unskilled labor union, and have a skilled craft union. AMP's constitution and by laws will work for the mechanic and related class, we can elect all officers at local and national level, we can also recall officers at any level, we controll the money, we will own the union, unlike the twu owning us. Sorry if you don't agree, I started off in Fleet and went to A@P school to better my future, I am held accountable for every aircraft or engine I sign my name to, I would like a union of my peers. The flight attendents don't have pilots in their union, and the pilots don't have mechanics in their's. It's time!! Go Rangers 2011

Like Odie says, "sign an AMP card" and take a step towards ridding ourselves of this poor excuse for a union.

Like Odie says, "sign an AMP card" and take a step towards ridding ourselves of this poor excuse for a union.

AMP card signed........

bbrooks, not an attack against FSC's, but I'm utterly disgusted of what the TWU thinks of my profession, a FSC with an A&P!!!!!

AMP card signed........

bbrooks, not an attack against FSC's, but I'm utterly disgusted of what the TWU thinks of my profession, a FSC with an A&P!!!!!

Weren't you advocating a Yes vote on the TA?

If you voted YES wasn't that a clear indication of what you as a mechanic felt you were worth?

Whose fault is that?

As a mechanic I saw the TA as a degredation of the profession, the creation of another subclass of mechanics, division by age, and grossly inadequate compensation. Have you had a change of heart? If the TA had passed would it be completely the TWUs fault or would the mechanics who voted YES be at least partly to blame for ruining the profession?

Like Odie says, "you get what you fight for", if you wont fight now how likely is it that you would fight with a new union?

Weren't you advocating a Yes vote on the TA?

If you voted YES wasn't that a clear indication of what you as a mechanic felt you were worth?

Whose fault is that?

As a mechanic I saw the TA as a degredation of the profession, the creation of another subclass of mechanics, division by age, and grossly inadequate compensation. Have you had a change of heart? If the TA had passed would it be completely the TWUs fault or would the mechanics who voted YES be at least partly to blame for ruining the profession?

Like Odie says, "you get what you fight for", if you wont fight now how likely is it that you would fight with a new union?

Hell Bob, I voted yes too. So I guess you place me in the class of profession killers too....LOL

I had good reason to vote as I did, as well as reservations of what a "NO vote" was going to do for us since we voted under the umbrella of the NMB...When is daddy going to let us meet with the company?

Hell Bob, I voted yes too. So I guess you place me in the class of profession killers too....LOL

I had good reason to vote as I did, as well as reservations of what a "NO vote" was going to do for us since we voted under the umbrella of the NMB...When is daddy going to let us meet with the company?
We resume negotiations with the company the week of Dec 14-17.

What were the reasons the TA was rejected? We never had any survey at DFW. Can you tell us Bob?
We did not do a survey at ORD either, Bob can you tell us what the big reasons were. Hopefully not just your person reasons, but what the membership reasons were. Thanks

Latest posts

Back