TWU - To Re-Vote Also!

joejett

Feb 15, 2003
MMMMMMM yea hurting ourself by having a FREE,FAIR and INFORMED election on matters that effect our lives,if you want to "Obsevere" anything then you will see what happpens when employee's rally together to save an airline

Nope. Get ready for Chapter 11.

It''s amazing that the members of these unions aren''t smart enough to realize that they are only hurting themselves.

To AA Obsever I want to tell you one thing Man(me) to (well you get the rest) We are ALL in this together NO ONE wants to lose anything!!!! we WILL do what we need to do to save AA,or what ever company a employee works at. We offered our share and were Slaped in the Face.If sacifice is to be shared that does not mean by one side only.So my friend I hope you see we the employees are the true controllers of this airline and not some overpaid (guy)

----------------
On 4/21/2003 5:18:39 PM AAObserver wrote:

See, that's your problem. You view this as "us against management". You are more concerned with sticking it to Carty than you are about your own welfare.

I've got news for you -- Carty has plenty of money. If AA goes bankrupt, he'll still have plenty of money.

On the other hand, the union employees that are hell-bent on voting no are the ones that will be losing jobs and/or suffering through deeper wage cuts than they are already being asked to accept when AA is forced into bankruptcy.

Your attitude is very similar to that of a hornet that is hell-bent to sting someone regardless of the fact it will be crushed to death when the sting-ee swats it.

----------------​
The key words are PLAN and CREDIBILITY. Something you likely know nothing about.

When Crandall brought forth the B-Scale, he had a PLAN and laid it out. And because he stuck to the PLAN and made it work, he now has CREDIBILITY.

The lowly whining union worker has neither seen the Carty PLAN nor do they have any faith he could execute one if it did exist.

This isn''t even going to get to a vote.

AA is out of time and bleeding cash. They have the DIP financing all lined up. What is there to wait for? It''s not like they have to ask the unions for permission.

Now we get to see if anybody in management has the intestinal fortitude to go ahead and file the CH. 11 paperwork.

Anybody want to start a pool on when AA files?

TANSTAAFL

Hurting ourselves? Yea..by endorsing a plan and management team that lies..outright..and has single handedly wiped out any hope of trust between labor and management? We did our part..we stepped up to the plate.. Now thoses greedy SOBs must face the music...and its not a pretty tune for anyone....Its time for those responsible to held accountable..

This blunder is thier gig...the blood is on their hands...not ours....

Sources say the TWU will re-vote on the T/A.

Get ready for a new round of fear and intimidation.

Let's see if the Deadline was real or a farse. Chapter 11 could be the news later.

----------------
On 4/21/2003 4:53:25 PM AAObserver wrote:

Nope. Get ready for Chapter 11.

It''s amazing that the members of these unions aren''t smart enough to realize that they are only hurting themselves.

----------------​
The way I see it, labor is going to take it in the shorts either way (courtesy of AA or a judge or both).

While I am generally supportive of labor working together with management, I don''t understand the following:
1) Why would any union (leadership and membership) agree to that many years of concessions? I can see a year or two for starters, but what the union leadership suggested / negotiated is sad.
2) If AA management says that in a chapt. 11 filing they will ask for $500 million more in concessions, why not straight out ask for all the money now?

See, that's your problem. You view this as "us against management". You are more concerned with sticking it to Carty than you are about your own welfare.

I've got news for you -- Carty has plenty of money. If AA goes bankrupt, he'll still have plenty of money.

On the other hand, the union employees that are hell-bent on voting no are the ones that will be losing jobs and/or suffering through deeper wage cuts than they are already being asked to accept when AA is forced into bankruptcy.

Your attitude is very similar to that of a hornet that is hell-bent to sting someone regardless of the fact it will be crushed to death when the sting-ee swats it.

NOW,

Back to the topic:

Reuters
American Air Union TWU Calls for New Vote
Monday April 21, 5:58 pm ET

DALLAS (Reuters) - The union that represents mechanics and ground workers at American Airlines said on Monday it wanted a new vote on a concession pact it ratified last week.
"American was guilty of a material breach of its obligation to provide relevant information," said Jim Little, a senior member of the Transport Workers Union, in a communication with members on the union''s Web site.
"The only way to assure credibility is to allow a full re-vote with the full membership knowledge of all relevant company actions," Little said.
The three major unions at American, a division of AMR Corp. (NYSE:AMR - News), have expressed outrage at news last week of special pension funding -- that would be paid even in bankruptcy -- for senior management. The plans included in a federal filing came out just as workers agreed to deals that would slash pay for most groups by 15 to 23 percent and bring thousands of layoffs.

AAObserver, I really wonder about you. Number one, the bk judge
will not touch our holidays, vacation, overtime, station/system protection
or sick time. Carty is bluffing anyway, they make so much on cargo
they never divulge the profit from that end. We have modifications
in process to remove ovens and coffee makers to change the weight so
we could add more cargo. You sound like a management flunkie
who will be laid off if we do go into bk and the judge hands out equal
suffering. At this point anyway I could give a rat''s behind about this
company and their lies and whining about saving money when they
blow so much every day.

----------------
On 4/21/2003 5:24:20 PM RV4 wrote:

----------------
On 4/21/2003 5:18:39 PM AAObserver wrote:

See, that''s your problem.  You view this as "us against management".  You are more concerned with sticking it to Carty than you are about your own welfare.

I''ve got news for you -- Carty has plenty of money.  If AA goes bankrupt, he''ll still have plenty of money. 

----------------​
The key words are PLAN and CREDIBILITY. Something you likely know nothing about.

When Crandall brought forth the B-Scale, he had a PLAN and laid it out. And because he stuck to the PLAN and made it work, he now has CREDIBILITY.

The lowly whining union worker has neither seen the Carty PLAN nor do they have any faith he could execute one if it did exist.

----------------​

That''s BS...you and I both know it.

You didn''t like or respect Crandall''s "plan" when he was here, and you certainly wouldn''t like his "plan" if he came back because it would involve significantly reducing labor costs and jobs.

----------------
On 4/21/2003 5:36:48 PM AAObserver wrote:

That's BS...you and I both know it.

You didn't like or respect Crandall's "plan" when he was here, and you certainly wouldn't like his "plan" if he came back because it would involve significantly reducing labor costs and jobs.

----------------​
That is real nice! Is there anything else about my thoughts, beliefs, and values that you could expose and share with the public. It is unreal how you pretend to think and speak for others regardless of the words they post for themselves. Who are you God himself?

I told you, and given the vote outcomes the employees will do their part. Just produce a PLAN and get a leader with CREDIBILITY and the employees will follow.

Now, be sure and tell everyone how I think, feel, believe, and work.

I predict without the concessions, the filing will be this week. I think the filing would have happened sometime this year even with concessions. This company has a horrible business model and owes 25 billion dollars in long term debt. There is no revenue, this company based it''s revenue model on gouching business travelers 15-20 times more than leisure travelers. Those days are gone for good. I am just hoping AA hangs around long enough for me to finish getting my degree so I can get the hell out.