UA AND US Merger Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
320.... Two Options..

1. Capitulate, cower, and offer up your pay and bennies in order to save your pathetic job. (Uh...how many pathetic jobs have been saved by saying yes?)

Or

2. Remain obstinate and loose your pay and bennies(and your job) associated with your pathetic job. (Uh...yawnnnnn.)

FYI, lots of upper management types from PHL and CLT have been called to PHX for an emergency meeting today. Hub Directors, Dept heads all on flights out last night or this morning. Something is going on, for sure.

Yeah, they are prepping to do a rally outside the 9th circuit building.

What will USAPA do? They will be overrun by US Airways' pilots scared about the very real threat of unemployment; however, the BPR will wash their hands of the deal and send the company's proposal out to vote, which will be overwhelmingly ratified.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

When Sully and Jeff landed in the Hudson, USAPA responded expertly....without your dues. When USAPA dealt with fuel school, they also did it without your dues. And so on.

Now USAPA's leadership, elected at large by the membership, will make the proper decisions going forward......without the input of non member pilots (ring a bell?)

As to capitulation, you forget why USAPA is here.....the "washing of hands" was an ALPA behavior.

RR

Yeah, they are prepping to do a rally outside the 9th circuit building.

don't you guys have your own thread for your in fighting? if any of the rest of us want to read it we can happily go there

don't you guys have your own thread for your in fighting? if any of the rest of us want to read it we can happily go there

Amen.
Please contain your spittle to the Pilot Wrath thread. The rest of us are over it.

Great, PHX can become Spirit's west coast hub.

Exactly, I've been kidding about this for years:

DCA and the LCC shuttle to AMR.

PHL and PHX to NK.

CLT to UA and CO.

the new Star Alliance carrier would operate a northeast shuttle through EWR.

CNBC just reported (9:33am) that United has confirmed that they are in merger discussions with US Airways.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Here we go again. I really think US-UA need to complete this merger and divest most of the DCA slots to AA, keeping enough to run the Shuttle and flights to the hubs. US cannot let UA-CO merge. They will be way too small to compete with a combined UA-CO and DL-NW.

Amen.
Please contain your spittle to the Pilot Wrath thread. The rest of us are over it.

I think we would all be well served to focus on our survivability and our long-term job security rather than squabbling incessantly over things like "career expectations". I'm not surprised that there are no joint Pilot or F/A contracts yet. Our managements' plans have always been to merge us with someone--they've made that quite clear. And short of a merger, there was no reason for the company to push for joint agreements for pilots or F/A's. Let's stop this East vs West crap and focus on our long-term survival and recognize that our short-term concerns, issues and in-fighting really don't matter in the larger realm.

My guess is: 3rd time's a charm. US/UA will probably, despite obstacles, become a reality---and it'd be hard to argue that this would not benefit most of us in the long run....niether US nor UA in their current states are viable or competitive long-term. A conservative estimate of the combined "synergies" is $1.5 billion---and you cannot ignore that in today's financial environment......

Just remember, Doug talks first and thinks and acts last. He outright lied to me during the US/HP merge. Managers, supervisors watch out you will be the first to feel the axe. If you do everything you're suposed to do and the way you're told to do it that exact moment be sure to document it with time/date/who told you what to do. They will try also, to get rid of the high seniority people. Watch your P's and Q's but keep a journal to protect yourself--be sure to include rloc. Good luck to all of the front line employees.

Amen.

Yeah...over it... I noticed:)

It was dry humor.

As for being over it, its like a bad marage waiting for the divorce to be final. It ain't over until you are way beyond over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back