UA Liquidation - Who Gets What?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/23/2002 9:40:32 AM Bob Owens wrote:

its in your best interests that there are many employers willing to compete for your services. The contraction of the marketplace, from the point of view as a seller of labor, is not a positive trend.

----------------
[/blockquote]

There will always be employers in need of my services. That's the beauty of being in a line of work where talent is recognized for what it is, as opposed to being under a CBA which requires last-in-first-out.

Even as an AMT, the fact that place like TRAMCO are the growing part of your marketplace might not sit well with you, but the marketplace isn't shrinking for your line of work. It simply isn't growing at the major airlines anymore.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/23/2002 9:40:32 AM Bob Owens wrote:

As a worker our best interests are served by having UAL continue in business and continue to pay standard rates of compensation.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I can't disagree with you more. Every day they remain in business and have excess capacity to dump on the market at distressed prices, is another day that AA will operate in the red.

When Montgomery Ward closed its doors, Sears and JC Penney became more profitable because the retail capacity shrank, and the fire-sales were reduced.

If UAL were to evaporate tomorrow, AA would see a jump in market share, and a proportionately higher share of what premium traffic still exists. That equates to increased job security for all of us. I'll take job security over keeping "standard rates of pay" artificially high.