Ua Mechanics Threaten Strike

coolflyingfool said:
I don't believe that AA managemnt would even think of letting their employees work on UA a/c while a strike was in progress. AA would not want their employees to appear as scabs. Just my thoughts........
[post="266229"][/post]​

AA couldn't care less. The TWU would be more than happy to let us work on UAL's fleet. After all the TWU believes AMFA is not a REAL union because they are not in the AFL-CIO.

Hopeful said:
AA couldn't care less. The TWU would be more than happy to let us work on UAL's fleet. After all the TWU believes AMFA is not a REAL union because they are not in the AFL-CIO.
[post="266230"][/post]​

I'm not so sure. That would really polarize things. TUL would go along, but the line stations might be a bit dicey.

Hopeful said:
[post="266230"][/post]​

Again, why exactly would AA management want to bid on work to keep UAL's fleet airworthy?

UAL and all the other carriers not wearing our stripes are the real enemy.

We'd prefer that their aircraft were grounded and unable to fly, and chasing a few cheap bucks would only help them continue to compete against us.

UAL_TECH said:
Excuse me for my intrusion into this thread, But I would like to add my 2¢ if it’s not too rude.

JHMO, AMFA is out here all by our lonesome. We expect any and all other unions to cross our picket lines and grab as much as they can for we are not afl-cio affiliated. The afl-cio affiliated Unions(?) will lie, cheat, and deceive their membership to protect crossing a ‘Unionized’ picket line and working struck work.

We in the ‘USA’ are at the end of organized labor era. Using ‘affiliations’ to change the definition of Unions and Unionism has been the downfall of organized labor in this country as we feed on ourselves. When ‘Union’(s) capitulate and allow ‘No Strike/Will Cross’ language into their collective bargaining agreements, then they are no longer a Union but simply another business unit. A business ‘tool’ working against the theology of Unionism.

You are either a ‘Union’ and adhere to the Union philosophy, are a tool.

As for myself, I’d rather be a ‘Union’ than a ‘Tool’!!!

Will the AA/TWU ( or any other afl-cio Union(?) for that matter) respect our strike?
I personally do not care. I know what is the right thing to do and will live by my decision without the support of my ‘Union’(?) Brothers and Sisters.

Why AMFA?

Why be a ‘Tool’ when you can be a ‘Union’?

B) UT
[post="266227"][/post]​

UAL Tech,
If/when UAL AMTs strike you will NOT be alone. I know for a fact that I and other AA AMTs will walk side by side with you when needed. Indeed, there are those in the industry just waiting for a legacy carrier to drop and die. I DO NOT wish this on UAL.
You stated, "I know what is the right thing to do and will live by my decision without support of my 'Union'(?) Brothers and Sisters." I want to thank you for FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT! If only the twu international's unelected knew the meaning of fighting for their members instead of their own interests.

I don't think AA will send AA AMTs to work your a/c in the event of a strike. I do know that scabs like TIMCO will. As well as other contract outfits. But these scab outfits don't have the lifts and equipment always needed to perform the needed work. (That's one way they can undercut the majors.) I can tell you that SAN will not assist non-UAL AMTs.
I wish you luck and will support you and OUR profession any way I can.

If ordered, I will work on UAL planes. And I will do a REALLY good job. Oh, I will be thorough. Their maintenance manual will be followed chapter and verse. To the letter.

Wretched Wrench said:
If ordered, I will work on UAL planes. And I will do a REALLY good job. Oh, I will be thorough. Their maintenance manual will be followed chapter and verse. To the letter.
[post="266293"][/post]​

F*ck that, I punching out and going home sick. You have that choice to.

post Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Post #6

Group Icon
Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 3,584

I don't think any AA amt's are qualified to work on any UA A/C in any case. UA logbooks, manuals, policies and procedures, A320's, etc. are all different stuff.

Most any line AMT can work on UALs birds. As long as you are in contact with their tech service. By the way, they no longer use log books - it's all on computer now.

Point is, we at AA are so short staffed - we can't spare the extra heads to work their A/C. What's in it for AA to work on UAL? - less than $74.00 ph - per MAGSA.
It would make no sense from a management or labor point of view for AA to maintain UALs A/C.

I will refuse to work on any UAL aircraft including the lease return in bay 4 at AFW! I will also be on the picket line with the UAL people when they walk!

UAL Tech, I want to also say we will be supporting you in any way possible. We know we are more than likely heading down the same road at AA.

I would like to apologize for allowing the twu to continuously sellout for over 22 years and bringing down the profession. We should have dumped their worthless twu a$$ a long time ago. Hopfully we will remedy this very soon.

Take care and god bless....the UAL fighters will not be forgotten!!!!!

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
I will refuse to work on any UAL aircraft including the lease return in bay 4 at AFW!
[post="266321"][/post]​

IIRC, the leasing company is the one paying us to do the check, not UAL. So what exactly do you accomplish, aside from flirting with insubordination, by refusing to work on it?

Former ModerAAtor said:
IIRC, the leasing company is the one paying us to do the check, not UAL. So what exactly do you accomplish, aside from flirting with insubordination, by refusing to work on it?
[post="266389"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"E" Please spare us the dramatics !!

You know as well as anybody on here, that there's more than one way to "skin a cat" !!!

NH/BB's

Former ModerAAtor said:
[post="266389"][/post]​

That's funny, both the company and the company union were bragging they stole AMFA's work from UAL.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
I will refuse to work on any UAL aircraft including the lease return in bay 4 at AFW! I will also be on the picket line with the UAL people when they walk!
[post="266321"][/post]​

I'm assuming you work at AFW. If not it's a preety empty promise. If you do work at AFW and you were to refuse to work on an aircraft what would happen? My guess you would get walked out the door for insubordination and/or refusing a work order. And what would you have proved? That you can refuse to work on a lease return? An aircraft by the way that is owned by the leasing company whether it be ILFC, GECAS or Boullion? You should be happy they picked AA and not AAR or TIMCO.

777 fixer said:
I'm assuming you work at AFW. If not it's a preety empty promise. If you do work at AFW and you were to refuse to work on an aircraft what would happen? My guess you would get walked out the door for insubordination and/or refusing a work order. And what would you have proved? That you can refuse to work on a lease return? An aircraft by the way that is owned by the leasing company whether it be ILFC, GECAS or Boullion? You should be happy they picked AA and not AAR or TIMCO.
[post="266621"][/post]​

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But blind hatred of their employer (everything AA) is a very powerful force. B)

AMFAMAN said:
That's funny, both the company and the company union were bragging they stole AMFA's work from UAL.
[post="266403"][/post]​

Don't know for certain, but my guess is that the leasing company hired AA. Some of these returns were rejected leases, others were repossessions. There's no obligation for UAL to do anything aside from return the airframe and engines.

I find it sad that for a group who prides itself on the quality of your work, that none of you are in the least bit proud of the fact that the leasing company felt more confident in your abilities. They could have easily gone with a low bidder (TIMCO), or taken the work offshore. Instead, they chose you. And you're bitching about that?... Strange.