UA-NON-REV

if you must know, it is done by seniority. and their buddy passes are 24 passes one way segment . if you do one trip and it has 4 legs that's 4 passes you used up. per my wife who use to fly for them . just to add. i think we shouldn't even ask these questions at the present moment . it is very premature.
4 legs = 4 passes? :shock: EL RIPPO OFFO??? God that sounds like something someone in a large fortress built primarily with dust particles would come up with....
2aj11lk.jpg

That is because Parker was calling the shots in keeping your company from liquidating. Like it or not, Parker saved your company and that is why the pass travel has some AWA flavor to it as well as some other areas in your new company. You guys in the east should be commended, though. Your temper tantrums have worked quite well so far in keeping Parker's interests in your "concerns". Unfortunately, when the new kid in town shows up you will no longer be the majority and therefore your voice will be irrelevant to Parker. Also his patience has probably run out with the bullet holes in the aircraft, 737 off roading, neighborhood shootouts and all of your other antics you guys have pulled. I couldn't really blame him either. Peace.
Why is it everyone on the east would love to get rid of the west? Project "Zanzibar" ring a bell?

That is because Parker was calling the shots in keeping your company from liquidating. Like it or not, Parker saved your company and that is why the pass travel has some AWA flavor to it as well as some other areas in your new company. You guys in the east should be commended, though. Your temper tantrums have worked quite well so far in keeping Parker's interests in your "concerns". Unfortunately, when the new kid in town shows up you will no longer be the majority and therefore your voice will be irrelevant to Parker. Also his patience has probably run out with the bullet holes in the aircraft, 737 off roading, neighborhood shootouts and all of your other antics you guys have pulled. I couldn't really blame him either. Peace.
I'm not saying that was retarded or anything, but..... that was retarded. Peace :)

I think it's a fair question. We board non-revs by DOH seniority. We give retirees with 25+ yrs seniority higher boarding priority out of respect and loyalty. We value their contributions to our company and a little something for all of us to look forward to. Buddy passes don't save much $, better to buy a cheap ticket and be confirmed.

WOW!! Just the opposite at the "new" US. We treat retirees like dirt. "You had your time, now move over and go sit in a rocker somewhere. You have ALL the time in the world. Consider yourself lucky you get anything"

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA Boy have flown next to that guy many a time on my commute to work. :rolleyes: :lol: Oh and YES DOH all the way baby. And I'm all for giving our retirees their seniority to travel. Hell what else do ya have left? DOH BABY...It's the ONLY way. :up:

if you must know, it is done by seniority. and their buddy passes are 24 passes one way segment . if you do one trip and it has 4 legs that's 4 passes you used up. per my wife who use to fly for them . just to add. i think we shouldn't even ask these questions at the present moment . it is very premature.

Buddy passes are 6 r/t per year. You had 24 coupons in case there were connections. If you messed up and used 7 in one year, you were charged full y for the 7th trip. They are now e-tkt from your UA account/computerized. Once you use the 6th trip, it prohibits you from anymore for the year. Buddys traveling w/ employee (max 2 companions) use employee seniority. Buddys flying alone go after all employees/spouse-domestic/dependants but before other airline employees.

IMO/ this information is good to share. If our "leaders" want to talk about being competitive in our industry, then our benefits should also be competitive. There's always room for improvement, right?

Incentive to OLD PEOPLE to retire. You get on FIRST after 25 years. If you keep flying,...........you go BEHIND those who have retired, even if you have been flying 40 years and the retired person had 25 years. so RETIRE!

True stuff! Respect the retirees!

Mama, you asked the question that I wanted the answer to also. Don't let anyone be the arbiter of an honest search for information, your curiousity is just as valid as anyone elses.

Of all the things we treasure the most, hell, why most of us are here, the flight benefits are it. Some US employees only use their benefits for commuting, I don't, I build vacations, which is probably more like the west who haven't had a zillion bases close.

Now perhaps the Kind student can allay my fears: I heard/ read/ absorbed somewhere that UA emplyees paid mileage for their nonrev travel, is that the case? US and AWA benefits are free to the employee, his/her family or registered guest. Are yours different?

Buddy passes really don't matter to me, I don't like to give them out. They're more trouble than they're worth, but if my partner could get back my seniority even without me, that would be cool. I really resented that AWA took that away.

What about parents? US had better parent benefits too, now parents pay. How does UA handle parents of the employee?

Thank you for any information.

, but if my partner could get back my seniority even without me, that would be cool. I really resented that AWA took that away.

Same here! My wife has been flying back and forth to Hartford to help care for her best friend who has been diagnosed with cancer. She has to go behind people who were hired a year ago! Not right.

I rarely fly anywhere but welcome the access a merger would provide. Think of all the cost savings in not paying double rents everywhere.

Incentive to OLD PEOPLE to retire. You get on FIRST after 25 years. If you keep flying,...........you go BEHIND those who have retired, even if you have been flying 40 years and the retired person had 25 years. so RETIRE!

True stuff! Respect the retirees!

Well, I dont consider myself OLD but I am soo glad I got out when it was good. ;) All my former coworkers are miserable with the crap computer system, dirty planes, etc. but I digress.

I believe UA pases are free for employees. It would be nice to have some proper sized airplanes for Hawaii service and T/A.

Latest posts

Back