UA-NON-REV

Thanks Jamake and Student!

I realilze that this is the bottom of priorities in the scheme of things, but if there is a merger it becomes higher on my list, since putting up with the drama requires some kind of positive.

Speaking for myself, ANY merger, be it UA or it could be Perfection Airways would be dreaded. Our management is composed of some of the most morally bankrupt people I have ever had the misfortune to work under. What they could do unfettered with a company the size and breadth of UA is truly frightening. We as US have lost so much because of these people, only to see them compose Platinum parachutes and indefensible compensation that is directly the result of their craven use of the US bankruptcy system.

In short, no one wants to give them more to mess with, and trust me, you don't want them. US employees, we're nice people, if a bit tough exteriored now. So I'll smile at you and you smile at me in the airport ok? Hopefully this will all work out without too much blood.

Thanks for the INFO.

It wasnt Doug who put retirees behind actives, that would have been Dave Seigel.

Normally I think you are quite accurate and I beleive what you say, but in this case, you are 100% wrong. I was still an active employee with Dave Siegal and those that followed until Doug. That was an AWA policy. They had very few retirees so it was a small group to screw. plus, anyone who reitred from AWA, wasnt there all that long or was old to start with. LOL!

Wrong, I left US before the merger, and our retirees were making it an issue as they were put behind our actives and our IAM Retiree Committee in CLT was trying to do something about it.

Dave Siegel changed the policy while he was at US, not after HP took over.

Well in "good faith" Prince Doug could have reversed it but chose not to so he's NO BETTER. No better at all. Respect your retirees. It's BS.

Wrong, I left US before the merger, and our retirees were making it an issue as they were put behind our actives and our IAM Retiree Committee in CLT was trying to do something about it.

Dave Siegel changed the policy while he was at US, not after HP took over.

I disagree, it was the AWA/US policy.

Delta currently has and has had for the last few years the best benefits. The second best travel benefits among mayor carriers was US AIRWAYS (pre-AWA). The only thing that made travel benefits worse at US vs. DL was that US charged for F/C class. Other than that, US AIRWAYS had the best benefits next to DL.

UA back in the 90s charged for travel, then did away with the charge, then reinstated the charge after bankruptcy. It is my understanding that they recently made it free again.

As for US/HP, the combined company (in my opinion) took some of the worst elements of each and combined them. For example, pre-AWA, US did not charge for parents. The introduction of charges for parents came from AWA. To the best of my knowledge, AWA employees didn't pay for F/C upgrades, now all US/HP does.

So, once we combine with someone else, expect some more bad elements to be adopted from them - all in the name of high fuel prices.

That is because Parker was calling the shots in keeping your company from liquidating. Like it or not, Parker saved your company and that is why the pass travel has some AWA flavor to it as well as some other areas in your new company. You guys in the east should be commended, though. Your temper tantrums have worked quite well so far in keeping Parker's interests in your "concerns". Unfortunately, when the new kid in town shows up you will no longer be the majority and therefore your voice will be irrelevant to Parker. Also his patience has probably run out with the bullet holes in the aircraft, 737 off roading, neighborhood shootouts and all of your other antics you guys have pulled. I couldn't really blame him either. Peace.

Preach on my brother cause I don't they hear and understand you!! UAL plus AWA means east minority. No peace no harmony between east and west. This will be ugly until merger date then it will be fun watching UAL do to them what the east so hatefully did to us!!!

I have a few friends that work for United and they're non-rev pass is horrible, plus they have to PAY to non-rev. Unlike our flight benefits, we get to fly for FREE and US Flight Attendants gets to cabin jumpseat on NW, AA, DL, JetBlue, SW etc. for FREE!!! Their buddypasses also gets deducted out of their paychecks instead of getting charged out of their friends' credit cards. Not only that, the United buddypasses are expensive like ID90 of the highest fare or something like that.
We have a better buddypass system. Trust me. UAL flight benefits SUCKS big time !!!!! I hope we don't merge with them.
I currently fly for UAL and formerly flew for USAirways.....our bennies hardly suck and unless you actually work for a company..it's all hearsay. The merger? God help us!!

Well, I dont consider myself OLD but I am soo glad I got out when it was good. ;) All my former coworkers are miserable with the crap computer system, dirty planes, etc. but I digress.

I believe UA pases are free for employees. It would be nice to have some proper sized airplanes for Hawaii service and T/A.
Well I have news for you folks, I live in Kona and UA uses 757's The only 777 they use is the flight to ORD. AA CO NW DL use 757's HA uses 767's out of HNL..... I too would like to see wide bodies, but bottom line is $$$$$.

Normally I think you are quite accurate and I beleive what you say, but in this case, you are 100% wrong. I was still an active employee with Dave Siegal and those that followed until Doug. That was an AWA policy. They had very few retirees so it was a small group to screw. plus, anyone who reitred from AWA, wasnt there all that long or was old to start with. LOL!
You are correct, I retired in 3/2001 and with the old US traveled as a sa3. When the AW/US came about it was changed to sa4. I wrote Doug many times and his answer was there are many employees misplaced because of closures of bases etc.....and they need to commute to get to work so they need the priority......bull, because my station closed and and I went FLL and commuting to LAX for five years never had to call in sick and never was late!! I always had backups

Preach on my brother cause I don't they hear and understand you!! UAL plus AWA means east minority. No peace no harmony between east and west. This will be ugly until merger date then it will be fun watching UAL do to them what the east so hatefully did to us!!!
You are right, we can only hope the the money losing side (west) gets disposed of to cover any anti trust problems that arise form the DOT!!!

Hi Kona:

United is flying B-767's SFO-KOA-SFO...at least for the month of May. I feel you. Parker's excuse is a weak one. Commuting is a life-style choice that people make. This entire thread is hopefully a moot point anyway...

Aloha,

Jamake1

It never will, and if UAL gets involved it could be lights out for us all we don't need UAL. http://www.charlotte.com/business/story/605950.html
Well, merging and becoming part of a new wonderful profitable airline is the bees' knees these days. I'm pretty sure that this merger will be more like the bees' taint though. Medically speaking. Was that out loud?

I don't want to be United - I heart USAirways, I don't want the name to die, and I DO NOT want to have to worry about nonrev policy..... :angry: