UAL A&p's and related have a T/A

AMFA isnt the answer, they blew it at NW, they represent WN and are still using the IBT CBA, with just improvements to wages.

Who else do they represent?

AMFA isnt the answer, they blew it at NW, they represent WN and are still using the IBT CBA, with just improvements to wages.

Are we going to do this again?

Make sure you thank your IAM leadership for encouraging its members to cross our picket line and perform scab labor.

You can keep that kind of representation.

Are you going to blame the IAM for the failure of AMFA's leadership?

Your sister union PFAA crossed the picket line, ALPA crossed the picket line and IBT represented pilots at Champion Air flew flights for NWA.

You have no one to blame but yourself and the AMFA leadership.

The IAM had nothing to do with NW training and hiring your replacement for two years before you walked out.

NW handed AMFA their rear ends.

Are you going to blame the IAM for...
Crossing my picket line and performing the work I had been doing for 16 years the day after I went on strike?

Yes.

It is really that simple. Good union members do not perform struck work, period.

I am not going to hash this out again here, so I will say no more about this.

We agree on more than we disagree, of that I am sure.

Reactions: 1 person
AMFA isn't the answer, they blew it at NW, they represent WN and are still using the IBT CBA, with just improvements to wages.

Funny coming from an IAM person. It was the IAM who SCABBED AMFA jobs by performing push back and other various work. Second, if you were a mechanic I might take you seriously. I don't tell flight attendants, pilots or rampers whats best for them, please don't tell us whats best for us. Especially after crossing our picket line.
You are an IAM officer or rep correct? If you are, you should know that a contract never expires and is only amendable. So, technically it's not an ibt contract, it's an original IAM contract from more than 25 years ago as the SWA mechanics started out being represented by the IAM if memory serves me right. Just like an IAM person, bending the truth. I do have to admit though, the ibt is worse.

As far as who they represent, the new UAL pretty soon......... AMFA, the only union that has never SCABBED.

Lets see, lets get the facts straight.

I believe your asking a union that you bashed and left for help? Did you seriously think they would support you after YOU turned YOUR back on them?

Yor belittled the IAM and the other classifications and looked down on them with your high and mighty attitudes, Elitism is what it is called and it doesnt work in the airline industry.

Amfa wanted to be a mechanics ONLY union, that was made quite clear, the NMB wouldnt let that happen.

Did the IAM CBA have picket line language, if they didnt, it would be illegal under the RLA not to come to work.

The IAM Fleet Service performed more ancillary duties over the NW system than Mechanic and Related.

The Ancillary Scope language was in the IAM Fleet CBA as long as it didnt interfere with AMFA CBA.

When AMFA went on strike, NW imposed a new CBA on AMFA and the language was removed from YOUR CBA that M&R did the ancillary work.

And if Fleet didnt perform the work they would have been disciplined up to and including termination or NW would have outsourced the work.

So dont let the facts get in your way.

Once again accept responsibility for the failure of AMFA, the IAM had nothing to do with your strike.

Why dont you blame the Pilots and flight attendants (who were in your sister union), for crossing and flying planes over your picket lines.

I really dislike it when people try to blame others for their mistakes.

Lets see, lets get the facts straight.

I believe your asking a union that you bashed and left for help? Did you seriously think they would support you after YOU turned YOUR back on them?

Yor belittled the IAM and the other classifications and looked down on them with your high and mighty attitudes, Elitism is what it is called and it doesnt work in the airline industry.

Amfa wanted to be a mechanics ONLY union, that was made quite clear, the NMB wouldnt let that happen.

Did the IAM CBA have picket line language, if they didnt, it would be illegal under the RLA not to come to work.

The IAM Fleet Service performed more ancillary duties over the NW system than Mechanic and Related.

The Ancillary Scope language was in the IAM Fleet CBA as long as it didnt interfere with AMFA CBA.

When AMFA went on strike, NW imposed a new CBA on AMFA and the language was removed from YOUR CBA that M&R did the ancillary work.

So dont let the facts get in your way.

Once again accept responsibility for the failure of AMFA, the IAM had nothing to do with your strike.

Why dont you blame the Pilots and flight attendants (who were in your sister union), for crossing and flying planes over your picket lines.

I really dislike it when people try to blame others for their mistakes.
****************************************************************************************************
Whether AMFA replaced the IAM or NOT, a UNION Brother or Sister should NEVER change. That the IAM Scabbed over AMFA at Northwest will NEVER be forgotten By ANY and Never forgiven by Many There ain't a DAMN thing any IAM offocial or member can say to me and many other mechanics about EVER coming back to the IAM because We've SEEN your "solidarity"
to Unionism and I for ONE am NOT IMPRESSED! Use ANY excuse you find convienient BUT you don't have ONE DAMN GOOD reason for your actions except "Sour Grapes" You couldn't hold your OWN line so you'll NEVER have need to EVER again hold the Mechanics line. If the mechanics EVER again seek to join the IAM they WILL be reminded of this fact I'd sooner vote for the paper tiger in AMFA before I wipe the floor with anything the IAM had to offer. Like Scotty Ford said about AMFA some years back. The IAM is on the "Nut Case" Fringe of Unionism. Run by Nuts, FOR NUTS. Especially that Bozo Buffenbarger.. What a Maroon. He has a seat on the BOARD at UAL and WHAT has he done to make things better??
NADA, ZIP, Zilch!! That's What!

Typical elitism response, you ignored every single fact and issues I raised, instead you attack and insult.

I was instrumental in running the CLT local when we were on strike in 1992, didnt see any union except the AFA come to help us, and the court ordered them to work.

Dont you think NW would have gotten an injunction also?

And if AMFA is so great, why did you vote them off the UA property?

See AMFA failed and its easier to blame the IAM than for AMFA, its leadership and members accept that they failed.

I didnt see any ramper turning wrenches, fixing planes or overhauling them.

Like I said, dont let the facts get in your way.

The ancillary duty language was all ready in the IAM CBA, and it was removed from the the AMFA CBA when imposed by NW.

I dont agree with what happened at NW, but its the facts, your leadership failed, why is it so hard to admit that?

How many stations did M&R perform ancillary duties at?

I can tell you the ramp did it at more stations than M&R.

Sorry I went on strike with the mechanics at US.

And it wasnt AMFA's work anymore and I love how you all avoid placing the blame at AMFA's leadership and addressing issues I posted.

We should not get side tracked on this thread. 700UW is trying to justify his/her union scabbing and there is no justification. The facts are, who cares what the reason, the IAM performed struck work of a fellow union. Does not matter what the relations of the unions were. A TRUE union does not scab..... PERIOD.......
Back to the thread. How is it possible the details of this T/A are not out yet. The biggest mistake of the UAL mechanics was to leave AMFA for a worse union than the IAM. The teamsters have done nothing for this trade, except keep it in the 1980's.
And as a matter of fact, the teamsters crossed AMFA's picket line and performed struck work at NWA also. Hoffa himself spent hundreds of thousands of dollars flying NWA during the strike......
Why would you want to represent a group after helping these corporations defeat the same group. Theres only one answer, MONEY..... The ibt and IAM are money grubbing SCAB corporations that care about nothing but their own pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take off the rose colored glasses and admit AFMA failed and screwed every M&R at NW, and even when they settled the strike, the scabs were kept and you could only return if there was an opening.

Yep in your world AMFA did not wrong and is the next coming of Jesus, the only people that profited was OV Dellefemme, Seaham and McCormick, they got rich and you got poor.

Take off the rose colored glasses and admit AFMA failed and screwed every M&R at NW, and even when they settled the strike, the scabs were kept and you could only return if there was an opening.

Yep in your world AMFA did not wrong and is the next coming of Jesus, the only people that profited was OV Dellefemme, Seaham and McCormick, they got rich and you got poor.
No, No.... AMFA mechanics at NWA got rich also. AMFA accomplished something the IAM could not. An industry leading contract with a nice pay raise and full retro. This will be the last time I answer a scab sympathizer/apologist. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Has anyone heard any rumors of what is contained in this T/A??