UAL to maybe buy CAL

United doesn't have a 'bucket full of dough'!
United does not need the dough to pull this off.All they need are the investors just like USAir and America West. And don't think for a minute this has not been in the works for a long time!

Didn't seem to be possible at the time, but Kmart bought Sears right after Chpt 11. It's all about the investors.

Of all the present CEO's, no one has touted this MORE than Glenn Tilton.(M + A's)
This is about the ONLY thing that I agree with this man on.

NH/BB's

I think it's a wait and see game. If the U/HP thing works, there will be several more. Which means it's time to jockey for position so to speak.

this is true... m/a is in the air.. so it's a matter of who bites first. UA/CO is one of the combos that makes the most sense to go forward even if other mergers don't. Then defensive combinations could follow. But DAL/NW is also one to look at if only because of they are bankruptcy twins. But I still think that UA/CO is the most likely. I'm not on the AA/NW bandwagon.

this is true... m/a is in the air.. so it's a matter of who bites first. UA/CO is one of the combos that makes the most sense to go forward even if other mergers don't. Then defensive combinations could follow. But DAL/NW is also one to look at if only because of they are bankruptcy twins. But I still think that UA/CO is the most likely. I'm not on the AA/NW bandwagon.

Actually, the AA/NW match is what aviation experts are calling a perect fit. None to little overlap on routes and AA would be huge in the Asian market. AA has been eager to get into the Asian market and this is the opportunity of a lifetime. Fleet types are the only issue and AA could just dump the Airbus a/c to another carrier and cancel the leases on most.

The fleet types would match perfect with AA/CO and UA/NW. But, AA needs the Asian routes so I think they would just suck up the crappy Airbus and sell them to an airline that likes Airbus.

A few years back Carty offered to buy NW and they turned it down. Carty didn't offer enough for them to bite. If that dollar amount was offered today from Arpey, I guarantee NW would take it.

Here is my prediction:

1. AA/NW (AA surviving entity)
2. UA/CO (UA surviving entity)(Bethune and company will relocate UA's HQ to IAH)
3. DL = liquidates (AA and UA bid on DL routes)

Actually, the AA/NW match is what aviation experts are calling a perect fit. None to little overlap on routes and AA would be huge in the Asian market. AA has been eager to get into the Asian market and this is the opportunity of a lifetime. Fleet types are the only issue and AA could just dump the Airbus a/c to another carrier and cancel the leases on most.

The fleet types would match perfect with AA/CO and UA/NW. But, AA needs the Asian routes so I think they would just suck up the crappy Airbus and sell them to an airline that likes Airbus.

A few years back Carty offered to buy NW and they turned it down. Carty didn't offer enough for them to bite. If that dollar amount was offered today from Arpey, I guarantee NW would take it.

Here is my prediction:

1. AA/NW (AA surviving entity)
2. UA/CO (UA surviving entity)(Bethune and company will relocate UA's HQ to IAH)
3. DL = liquidates (AA and UA bid on DL routes)

Correct!!

...with minor changes:

1.AA/NW
2.CO/UA
3.DL/Fragments

and of course, the prediction was made 18 months ago....

Bet ya USair takes NWA or parts of DAL should know pretty soon!!!

Correct!!
...with minor changes:

2.CO/UA

In your dreams "Mr. Cryptic." When UA emerges it will be much stronger than CO, from a route stucture/asset perspective, a labor perspective, and a debt perspective.

If there are any M&A inverstors out there, the money will be on UA and Tilton.

P.S. This doesn't mean I think there will be any M&A activity in UA's near future. But IF it happens, Tilton and UA will call the shots.

Sleep soundly my friend...

IT WAS CONDITIONAL..........
"What was?"
.......E V E R Y T H I N G ! ! ! :lol:
P.S. I'll see you in Chicago, soooon..... :p

You are a very strange dude. For that reason alone I hope I never have to see you in ORD. I hope you're not in a safety sensative position.

You are a very strange dude. For that reason alone I hope I never have to see you in ORD. I hope you're not in a safety sensative position.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, it should prove to be a very good one indeed and I certainly do hope that you have some good seniority in what ever position you hold... :)

....as for me, it'll feel much like the Hun of old felt, that is, after it's all said and done, I'm sure I'll be seeing you eventually. ;)

Latest posts

Back