Union Could Clear Way For Strike

PineyBob said:
Weapons? What weapons? Unfortunately you have 2 choices.

1. Eat the dog food that the company puts in front of you! At least until you find a company that has better tasting dog food.

2. Strike or use ANY action that cause negative publicity and watch as the dog dish immediately ceases to be filled.

It's just that simple really. The jig is up! It may be up whether you "roll over" or not. But it is for sure over if you bare your fangs and snarl & growl.
[post="195831"][/post]​

It's not dog food it's dog shi#, I'd rather die than eat it :down:

I understand the fear that some of you have but please wake up at 13.62 an hour and thats if you toped out .
You can get a job anywhere for 11.00 to 15.00 an hour closer to you house and save on just the driving gas 2.10 a gallon

and remember you have NO RETIREMENT,NO HEALTH CARE AFTER YOU RETIRE,
NO PENSION, THEY DON'T CARE.

OH BY YHE WAY I BET THEY HAVE A PENSION AND RETIREMENT.

WKAE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP .........

VOTE YES TO STRIKE SHOW THEM YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH

I HAVE

CWA --strike !!! go for it..the most disposable and easily trained and replace employees wanna go on strike......
I would laugh if it was not so pathetic.....
You have countless agents on furlough from usairways and from other carriers...such as AA that knows sabre ...yeh go ahead strike you bl00dy set of dum a$$

Only group of worker that would let me shake in my boots are the pilots and mechanics...

Go ahead strike,,,if they call me I will more than happy to take your job :))

madders said:
CWA --strike !!! go for it..the most disposable and easily trained and replace employees wanna go on strike......
I would laugh if it was not so pathetic.....
You have countless agents on furlough from usairways and from other carriers...such as AA that knows sabre ...yeh go ahead strike you bl00dy set of dum a$$

Only group of worker that would let me shake in my boots are the pilots and mechanics...

Go ahead strike,,,if they call me I will more than happy to take your job :))
[post="195901"][/post]​

sad so very sad you are. go back under that rock from which you came

The COMPANY is not abiding by the contract signed by the Union and the company, by voiding out agreed to: pay scales, pensions, 401K payments, etc ......With help from their BK Judge/ friend...

If the company only wants to follow some of the contract, why should the union follow 100% of it..... to the companys 50% of it ...?

And, NOW THEY ARE EVEN in the process of trying to CHANGE the OTHER 50% of the current contract !!!!!!!!!...

So, if they get their way....100% of the current contract will be changed..... from what we have seen their proposal to the union is......To go back to pay scales from the 1950's.....

The cut in pay of atleast 35 % not counting losing a majority of your benefits..............Like if your out sick a day, paying you for 1/2 a day's pay (4 hrs) , but deducting your sick bank for a full day (8hrs)...

That doesn't seem ethical to me ?

I think a strike is the only thing that would encourage the company to come to the bargaining table and bargain in hopefully, "good Faith"....Right now, they believe they hold all the cards....

I think the time has come for the union to call for some serious group meetings ...some in ther daytime...some in the evenings...and discuss the options for the future with CWA members....

I THINK AT THIS POINT WE ARE ALL PRETTY NUMB TO THE CONSTANT "liquidation threats" from the company....

like the Big Bad Wolf who said,......... "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down"......

Oh yeah, right....get a life....

I don't believe liquidation is in their cards....I think they got very little interest in the assets of USAIRWAYS, when they pleaded for offers.....There is an overcapacity of aircraft in the industry...Most planes are leased...And I believe in most airports, they have no say in leasing of space and slots...rather that is a function of the federal government in a lottery system or petitioning for slot assignments.......

I think we now find out if skilled, trained articulate workers are preferable to the company in a strike.... or if they want to have villagers from Bombay to sell their tickets for 91 Indian Rupees an hour....

Even with a strike, the pilots woulndt support it. They would still show up smilin waiting for someone to board their flight..... :blink:

Mr SalesGuyCCY, I thought you were the big supporter of Usairways?

And that everybody else had this this wrong?.....lol

Are you seeing the light now that you have been affected ?

Good luck to you!

It seems to me that the strategy behind a strike vote is to send a message both to the company and to the judge: If you cram this contract down our throats, that's it, CWA (or IAM or AFA) strikes, the company shuts down, and the game is over. The judge's responsibility is to preserve value for the creditors, and he may well choose to tell the company to go back to the table with the unions rather than precipitating the shutdown of the airline by allowing the company to impose new contracts.

While the judge cannot pick and choose between contracts, he can certainly offer guidance as to what he'd be willing to accept from the company.

From looking at the CWA proposal, I'm not sure I see the value to the employees in "saving" those jobs. Same for the mechanics -- they could all probably make more fixing cars, not to mention the fact that a vote for the company's proposal to the IAM is essentially voting yourself out of a job for the majority of IAM-represented employees.

Hmm.

I don't think the pilots can legally be there own flight attendant....Or be a mechanic on thier own commercial aircraft...

But, mabey the airline can get a judge to say.... a co-pilot can serve a double duty as a flight attendant...and is very handy with a wrench...to do both those jobs, too....

Awww. Mr. Sales Guy was just a victim of the Kool Aid crap that is dished out daily at CCY. He just found out the hard way,,,they eat their own there...chew them up, then spit them out......

I think the only way anything could be put to a vote for CWA is bargaining on the "current contract"...not completely throwing out the baby with the bathwater....and photocopying the America West contract and saying..."Here it is"....

I like this saying........."IF YOU WON'T NEGOTIATE........LIQUIDATE"

This contract is WORSE than America West. They dont get their vacation paid at 75%. They get full vacation pay. This is just another way Glass has of getting into our wallet. This guy is amazing in his money grabbing.

Latest posts