Union Could Clear Way For Strike

Hell yeah, strike....Shut the damm place down. They are not taking my pay without a fight. If I cant have a decent job then to hell with them.

Were not as easily replaced as you think. they'd need hundreds of replacements in the Hubs alone, they need FAA clearance and in RES they might be able to find someone to answer the phones but they wont know $h!t about the airline industry or company policy and they would need twice as many replacements as we have workers now to handle the same number of calls.....

I want my retraining benifits.....the company can go to hell at this point.

sfb said:
It seems to me that the strategy behind a strike vote is to send a message both to the company and to the judge: If you cram this contract down our throats, that's it, CWA (or IAM or AFA) strikes, the company shuts down, and the game is over. The judge's responsibility is to preserve value for the creditors, and he may well choose to tell the company to go back to the table with the unions rather than precipitating the shutdown of the airline by allowing the company to impose new contracts.

While the judge cannot pick and choose between contracts, he can certainly offer guidance as to what he'd be willing to accept from the company.

From looking at the CWA proposal, I'm not sure I see the value to the employees in "saving" those jobs. Same for the mechanics -- they could all probably make more fixing cars, not to mention the fact that a vote for the company's proposal to the IAM is essentially voting yourself out of a job for the majority of IAM-represented employees.
[post="195942"][/post]​

Well said, SFB.

Take note it is mostly pilots and CCY types trying, mostly via FUD, to put lipstick on this pig. They still have something to lose. Every other employee does not.

And it certainly wouldn't hurt to 'inkle' the judge a bit.

Negotiate - or liquidate. Catchy.

"And an actual strike would kill the company", said Chris Chiames, senior vice president of corporate affairs.

So who will get credit for crashing the company ...... CWA or Jerry Glass?

PITbull said:
I think they mean picketing and leafleting.

Its illegal to strike because CWA has a contract in place...unless there is a "major dispute"...
[post="195775"][/post]​

True - But although deer season (rifle) hasn't started yet, nothing wrong with cleaning out your gun and buying some ammo. :up:

deltawatch said:
"And an actual strike would kill the company", said Chris Chiames, senior vice president of corporate affairs.

So who will get credit for crashing the company ...... CWA or Jerry Glass?
[post="195997"][/post]​

I said some time ago that if they asked for more it would kill the company.
Must be Glass.

PITbull said:
I think they mean picketing and leafleting.

Its illegal to strike because CWA has a contract in place...unless there is a "major dispute"...
[post="195775"][/post]​

I was wondering how company has right to break contract but is illegal for union to.

REACC1 said:
Must be Glass.
[post="196062"][/post]​

I agree. Jerrold Glass is nothing more than a
highly paid consultant who knows psychological
warfare tactics. His objective from day one was
to overwhelm the unions with disinformation
with the hope that some would buy it and those
that did not would appear as parriahs. It's like
throwing a handful of *hit against the wall and
hoping some of it sticks. The stuff that sticks
may or may not be valid, but if the majority
feel that it is valid, then that opinion rules
the day. There are a hundred ways to skin a
cat and most of them don't involve the divide
and conquer psychological tactics of J. Glass.
The unions should have demanded his head
after the company emerged from BK #1 and
most likely would have gotten it. ANY
replacement would have handled the current
situation in a much more civil manner.

If US liquidates due to employee dissention,
it will be squarely on Jerry's head and NOT
on the unions.

REACC1 said:
Must be Glass.
[post="196062"][/post]​

I agree. Jerrold Glass is nothing more than a
highly paid consultant who knows psychological
warfare tactics. His objective from day one was
to overwhelm the unions with disinformation
with the hope that some would buy it and those
that did not would appear as parriahs. It's like
throwing a handful of *hit against the wall and
hoping some of it sticks. The stuff that sticks
may or may not be valid, but if the majority
feel that it is valid, then that opinion rules
the day. There are a hundred ways to skin a
cat and most of them don't involve the divide
and conquer psychological tactics of J. Glass.
The unions should have demanded his head
after the company emerged from BK #1 and
most likely would have gotten it. ANY
replacement would have handled the current
situation in a much more civil manner.

If US liquidates due to employee dissention,
it will be squarely on Jerry's head and NOT
on the unions.

I have seen no exec's from CCY flying since the BK filing. Im sure they are afraid to get into the trenches with the troops. But most all of them get space positive travel on other carriers as well. Just one of the "perks" they keep for themselves. Would be nice to have a little chat with Crelin or Glass sometime, before they get on their flight back to CCY.

PineyBob said:
Weapons? What weapons? Unfortunately you have 2 choices.

1. Eat the dog food that the company puts in front of you! At least until you find a company that has better tasting dog food.

2. Strike or use ANY action that cause negative publicity and watch as the dog dish immediately ceases to be filled.

It's just that simple really. The jig is up! It may be up whether you "roll over" or not. But it is for sure over if you bare your fangs and snarl & growl.
[post="195831"][/post]​

I say take the #3 combo plate. Strike and use ANY action to stop the company from stealing from you and if it leads to it's shut it down then go to the better tasting dogfood. But not before its shut down.

twoturnin said:
Good point Piney---if you dont like it leave--numbers of pilots have put in their papers effective Dec 1. All you have to do is walk away and all the stress and worry with be behind you.
[post="195844"][/post]​

To some its not all about stress and worry it is about shutting it down before they leave. Don't you get it?

Just because the union has a strike vote it does not mean that we will be walking anytime soon. It sends a message to management that one group(which it would be nice if the AFA and IAM have the same vote) has had enough. But for some reason why I do not think that management will get the message.

PineyBob said:
Weapons? What weapons? Unfortunately you have 2 choices.

1. Eat the dog food that the company puts in front of you! At least until you find a company that has better tasting dog food.

2. Strike or use ANY action that cause negative publicity and watch as the dog dish immediately ceases to be filled.

It's just that simple really. The jig is up! It may be up whether you "roll over" or not. But it is for sure over if you bare your fangs and snarl & growl.
[post="195831"][/post]​

Bob, go count your frequent flyer miles. As long as you keep them, you could care less about our pay and woking conditions. Oh, that's right. You're not an employee.

Latest posts