SpinDoc said:
I agree. Jerrold Glass is nothing more than a
highly paid consultant who knows psychological
warfare tactics.
If US liquidates due to employee dissention,
it will be squarely on Jerry's head and NOT
on the unions.
[post="196069"][/post]​
Spin doc..you sound just like me...first you are this way then you’re that way, then back again, front wards, sideways..... My kind of guy.... :p

Don't take anything serious, have fun, laugh, joke, we only go around once and once at U was more than enough for this guy. I am happier that I have been in years and it’s all due to the fact U is officially behind me, never looking back---the shackles have been broken…YES.... :up: :lol:

cavalier said:
Spin doc..you sound just like me...first you are this way then you’re that way, then back again, front wards, sideways..... My kind of guy.... :p
Don't take anything serious, have fun, laugh, joke, we only go around once and once at U was more than enough for this guy. I am happier that I have been in years and it’s all due to the fact U is officially behind me, never looking back---the shackles have been broken…YES.... :up: :lol:
[post="196104"][/post]​

ATTENTION: Sorry "Lark" if you misunderstood me...Like I told you in a PM, these boards are NOT real to me, they were only entertainment until my day arrived. If I took everything on these boards serious, I would be insane, if anything they were therapy to get me through my own personal transformation, and to hell with U's transformation, transfusion or whatever the hell they want to call running a good company into the ground taking anyone goofy enough to stay with them.....

Bye Bye Lark, you were one of the more interesting posters I had PM's with.

PineyBob said:
I did and it's a little over 300k, thanks for your concern. As for not caring you're wrong. I can read a balance sheet just like you can. It's not mismanagement it the market and no amount of blaming me or them is going to change that.
[post="196102"][/post]​

It's not mismanagement? Where have you been the last 10 years? The current market has just accelerated the mismanagement that we have had for the past decade. The dilemma is that as a manager you can only beat up and take from your employees for so long until they don't care whether the company survives or not, don't care whether they have a job or not. Is this logical and reasonable? Probably not. But until you work here and live through this every day you cannot realize how poisonous this atmosphere is. There is no respect for labor, and in turn, there isn't any respect for management. You cannot turn this place around by beating the employees into submission or running them out of the company. If this is your strategy as a manager, then you'll have to realize that, logical or not, people are going to want to take this place down just to get even. Look at Eastern. They couldn't take it anymore so they used the only tactic that they had left. They were just pushed too far to where the job wasn't worth it to them anymore under the conditions they were forced to work under. That is the point that we are getting to here.

Did the employees do this? And this does not even count Siegel and Lakefield.
Colodny’s Blunders:

Mirror Image, imposing US Air’s business methods upon Piedmont and PSA, instead of looking at each respective airline and adapting their successful practices. Some examples would be dismantling of the Piedmont Shuttle which accounted for 32% of Piedmont’s Gross Revenue.

· Not furthering International Service and canceling the last three 767s on order from Boeing, then realizing how much money was made serving international destinations and paying Boeing a $30 million penalty to reorder the three planes.

Schofield’s Blunders:

· Business select, $50 million on wasted seats that never worked properly and we eventually removed from the 737-200 fleet. Operation Highground.

· The IAM Mechanic and Related Strike of 1992 in which US Air lost $35 million and agreeing to pay all the pilots during our strike regardless if they flew or not.

· The hiring of Joe Gorman from United Airlines. Gorman stayed a few months then went right back to United, then United started taking us on head to head in numerous markets where we did not compete before Gorman’s tenure.

· The alliance with British Airways to infuse quick cash, but not on favorable terms to US Air, BA got more out of the alliance then we did.

Wolf and Gangwal:

· Canceling all the Boeing orders and having to pay a substantial penalty to Boeing to this day the dollar amount is not known as it was a confidential out of court settlement after Boeing sued US Airways, but it is believed to be hundreds of millions of dollars.

· Buying back over $1.5 billon of US Airways stock instead of using the money as operating capital or paying down debt or just having it around for a downturn.

· Selling the company to United Airlines and then for the next 14 months having no direction and running the company into the ground.

· Overreacting to the September 11th tragedy and shrinking the airline by 23% and increasing costs by putting larger airplanes on shorter routes.Closing of three maintenance bases and trying to accomplish all the work in just three bases, which caused a backlog of airplanes awaiting “Q†and “C†checks and Mod visits. At one point you could see numerous airplanes parked in Charlotte, Pittsburgh and Tampa awaiting maintenance.

crazyincanton said:
It's not mismanagement? Where have you been the last 10 years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say 700UW has done a good job of summing up what management accomplished in the last ten years. These actions resulted in thousands losing and still losing their jobs...granted outside realities didn’t help but with the things 700 listed, which are VERY true, "I Lived Them" there is NO WAY in hell it was labor's fault. Labor in this case was the victim for the most part, while the company was pillaged by greedy lying conniving Harvard educated snot nosed ice holes who IMO will pay for the suffering "THEY" caused in the chambers of hell. This life is but a “twinkle of an eyeâ€￾ and then it's over and so goes those rich men who caused all this suffering for their own personal gain.

Source: AFA PIT E-line.

SAirways loses $232 Million this quarter...some "clarity of thought"

Dear Members,

USAirways reported loss for this quarter was a staggering $232 million. (see
attachment)

I believe much of these losses are due to escalating and out-of-control
fuel prices, the bankruptcy threat and subsequent filing, as well as, and
including Dr. Bronner (RSA) informing the media in August that if they
couldn't get labor cost reduction, U could liquidate.

That surely didn't help our bookings going forward.

Labor finds itself in a quagmire. Here we sit with court imposed horrific
pay cuts, in our third concession, with many of the company proposals
demanding 'outsourcing' of labor jobs, furlough uncertainty, major anxiety,
and shattered morale.

IAM is at the table with a company proposal that allows for outsourcing and
the elimination of over 60% of the IAM and related members, CWA sits with
the most horrific proposal of all of labor including job elimination and
reduced wages that a teenager living at home could not use for spending
money.

AFA struggles to lessen the severity of concessions to our members knowing
that our leverage to secure a ratifiable agreement is evaporating with
these losses. Though ALPA has a ratified agreement, the pilot profession
and average compensation has been reduced to the compensation of a
topped-out Grey Hound bus driver. We have a management team that has
focused nearly 3 years (too long) hammering labor on cost cuts to below the
average low cost carrier. They missed the boat on developing a sound
business plan for this environment after the first bankruptcy, and now, they
run around trying to plug the holes they created in this sinking ship. We recognize
that the stakeholder RSA (Bronner and his Board) have allowed still too
high compensation to incentivize and retain this management, while allowing
and giving "carte blanch" to this management to abuse and shatter from
existence their greatest company assets...labor.

What do we do in this fragile state?

If we fight, we lose the company, and if we concede, we lose our personal
financial security to maintain our every day lives.

Somewhere in our battered minds and shattered hearts we must think
rationally, and put aside the anger for a moment... bring this all in
perspective and have "clarity of thought".

We are approaching the holidays. Our bookings are down, and our airline can
not afford to have one bad weather week, or any flight cancellations. If we
as labor lose interest in our company, focus on the negative, and let apathy
take over, there will be nothing left to negotiate... agree to.. disagree
with... live with...leave with... non-rev on.

During these next few months, and as hard as it is in managing our personal
and work lives with such a reduced wage and work conditions, please focus on
changing the "image" of our airline by assuring the customer that labor is
as dedicated and committed to providing the superior service they have been
accustomed to. We may then have some leverage to secure a better deal, and
reverse the momentum in the opposite direction of this downward spiral.

In solidarity,

Teddy
Local 40

:) PEOPLE PEOPLE remember that Chris Chiames and Jerry Glass loves us all and will take care of us one way or another. We at U is whats make them love there jobs and if we row over they will not like that because we took their powers and gave in so lets stand and fight them again after all the only ones that are going to make out is the top man not us bottom feeders.

remember what General Macarthur said:
The enemy is on are right their on our left their behind us and in front of us, we got them right were we want them now!

so let the war start :up:

crazyincanton said:
It's not mismanagement? Where have you been the last 10 years? The current market has just accelerated the mismanagement that we have had for the past decade. The dilemma is that as a manager you can only beat up and take from your employees for so long until they don't care whether the company survives or not, don't care whether they have a job or not. Is this logical and reasonable? Probably not. But until you work here and live through this every day you cannot realize how poisonous this atmosphere is. There is no respect for labor, and in turn, there isn't any respect for management. You cannot turn this place around by beating the employees into submission or running them out of the company. If this is your strategy as a manager, then you'll have to realize that, logical or not, people are going to want to take this place down just to get even. Look at Eastern. They couldn't take it anymore so they used the only tactic that they had left. They were just pushed too far to where the job wasn't worth it to them anymore under the conditions they were forced to work under. That is the point that we are getting to here.
[post="196190"][/post]​

USAirways experience will go down into the business history books as "What it takes to destroy a company in two years"... a lesson in labor relations".

PITbull said:
USAirways experience will go down into the business history books as "What it takes to destroy a company in two years"... a lesson in labor realtions".
[post="196258"][/post]​

So well ten thousand other businesses where YOU didn't work, but they sure didn't make history, join the crowd and taste the bitter sour taste of life where nothing is really "fair"....maybe someday before you die you will realize this fact...doubtful as that is though…bye bye [edited]

Don't wait liquidate!!!!!!!!!!!

With the money I am spending on gas, the money I am losing for vacation, sick days, and benies this job isn't worth saving.

I am now making $9.12 an hour and that does not include the cut mentioned above. I will walk with or without another job and I will be taking something with me. That something is called PRIDE. It is the only thing I have left and now I have nothing to lose. Hell, at this point I don't even care about unemployment. My sanity is worth much more.

O, and PINEY, the next time you want shove "it's not management's fault" down an employee's throat why don't you take the freakin time to ponder exactly what the CP rep lost to keep this airline running and your miles intact. Better yet, ponder this. Over ten years ago management was crying the same tune - the LCCs are our biggest worry. SO .................... why the hell wasn't something done then? I call it mismanagement while you hide behind rose colored glasses and call it unforseen circumstances.

I have tried to be optimistic and remain sane but my optimism went out the window long ago and my sanity is quickly following. We have a saying in res which is don't TIP. Well I am TIPing and what comes around goes around. I won't spell out the acronym - you do it for yourself.

Latest posts