UNION FACTS

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Todd B @ Feb 25 2006, 03:43 PM) [post="356971"][/post]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
:cop:

Don't post private messages. This will get you some time away from the boards.

By the way, the next person that insults another poster or uses profanity will spend a few days in the cornfield.

It's about time THANK YOU
I agree....Thanks as well, Todd B

name='NeedForSpeed' date='Feb 25 2006, 02:14 PM' the author of the web site is a mean old dirty Republican...BLAH, BLAH,
Please show me where once in this thread I said the above?

Once again you are making things up that I never said.

Like I said about you, no credibility.

smorzando

Did you forget your Midol today? Or did Wifey accidently starch your undies?

First off whatever personal issues you have with a poster here need to be OFF-LINE!

We were having a nice debate regarding the relative merits of a website called "Union Facts" and somehow we morphed into posting PM's which if I'm not mistaken is a no no.

Do you have something intelligent to say regarding the website Union Facts?
This guy sends me a vulgar and insulting PM and you say I have the problem. Then NFS comes on here and agrees with the moderator when HE is the one who sent that filth. You both are burning yourselves with your own words. I Love It

edited by Need ForSpeed

Thanks to the moderators for listening to reason, and putting this thread back where it belongs...Kudos to the Mods!! :up:

I think the reason 700 doesn't care for the site is it makes it easier for people to get some not to flattering info on his beloved IAM, which does have something to do with aviation
well said, Piney....This site does have something to do with aviation, especially all the good folks at U and the ""former" AWA....Another viwpoint so that all can form their own OPINIONS!!!

BTW.....The link posted above has nothing to do with the topic at hand...It needs to be removed and sent to the Water Cooler

OK, here's my thoughts. Unions need a major overhaul.

First, the members must get more involved. They must attend meetings, read all the literature they can get their hands on. Learn their labor history. VOTE in every election.

Hold your union leadership accountable. I believe the Teamsters had a movement within their ranks called "TDU" Teamsters for a Democratic Union. I don't know if it's still alive, but if you are considering a vote for IBT, check it out.

The IAM needs to get out of past and into the future. That fight in PHL was a disgrace. The IAM should have issued a statement of some sort as soon as the facts were in. The men involved should have been at the very least suspended and at the most, expelled. If they were indeed office holders, they should have been discharged of their duties immediately.

Frankly, I like was Andy Stern of the SEUI is trying to do. It seems he wants to break away from the old way of doing things.

I think the AFL-CIO has become a relic of the past. I can't think of one thing the AFL-CIO has done for us, the workers of America, lately.

Outsourcing continues at an alarming rate, CEO pay in comparsion to the average worker is outrageous, especially for those CEO who have led their companies into bankrupty and then bailed on that oh-so-golden parachute.

That said, I don't think your average American worker can stand to be without union representation in these times.

What we have to make the union leadership work for us. Return our phone calls. Meet with us in the break rooms. Don't forget they come from the shop floor and their first loyalty has to be to the membership.

Don't let our leaders get sucked into the management mode. You know, management convinces them the membership is stupid but "they" are now part of the "club."

There must be a close accounting of expenses. Union officers and staff deserve a fair pay. They should work hard for us. But they shouldn't be allowed to double-dip or raid the slush fund at will.

If caught using membership dues for other than membership business, they need to be given the boot. And never allowed to hold another union office, ever.

The worst thing that could happen to any of us, at this time, is not getting enough votes so a decertification takes place.

Study the issues, ask questions, get answers and VOTE what you think best.

Best of luck to us all!

Dea

Here is one for you ibt worshippers:

ibt rigs election

At least they did not resort to violence as the IAM has done!
O yea I also remember the IAM district 141 violating their own election procedures in 2000. Appeals were made to the International and they upheld the district.
Then the Labor department got involved and the IAM was forced to have an election.

It seems the IAM is afraid of elections and will go to great lengths to avoid them. :down: :down:

Tell the whole truth, it was over time limits on notification, not rigging an election.

Latest posts

Back