United Airlines acquiring US airways ?

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
My well connected source within the sandcastle has told me it appears united is going to try and acquire our company . Everyone take a look at the stock activity of our two respective airlines , something doesn’t seem right to me … it’s been going up , both of them ….

United you can kiss my ass , I hope this leak raises the amount you’ll have to pay by a couple of hundred million .

If Doug would just sign a decent contract for all of our work groups the stock might be unaffordable to united. Like I said on another post.

The low stock price is a worry for an aquisition. I'm sure they are maybe figuring they can offer 1 UA share for every 2 or 3 LCC shares. The big investors

would probably love that.

sonofsamsonite

My well connected source within the sandcastle has told me it appears united is going to try and acquire our company . Everyone take a look at the stock activity of our two respective airlines , something doesn’t seem right to me … it’s been going up , both of them ….

United you can kiss my ass , I hope this leak raises the amount you’ll have to pay by a couple of hundred million .

Oh my dear God someone save US from the sandcastle. I wish United would acquire our company, even if if meant I could be furloughed again. I don't care.

If Doug would just sign a decent contract for all of our work groups the stock might be unaffordable to united. Like I said on another post.

The low stock price is a worry for an aquisition. I'm sure they are maybe figuring they can offer 1 UA share for every 2 or 3 LCC shares. The big investors

sonofsamsonite

Don't be surprised if these rumors are just that...rumors... a ploy to lure wall street day traders and short-term investors to buy on speculation of an acquisisition of USAirways so the execs and their Board can cash in some of their options and make some quick millions.

Not a ploy , for starters , you all know how poor I am being an airline worker (EDITED BY MOD AT OP REQUEST) , so I can’t even take advantage of insider information if I wanted to because I don’t have the money to buy stocks …

Secondly , while I can’t go into much about my source , I can assure you that when this information was revealed it was at a moments notice and that person never intended for it to get to us aviation.com …

Thirdly , look at the stock activity of the last few days for both airlines , it seems rather weird wouldn’t you say ?

I can see no personal benefit to being bought by united , so I’m more than happy to spill the beans .

I can see no personal benefit to being bought by united
of course you can't...

but, guess what? it's not all about you!

inasmuch as i believe this thread is flame bait, i also believe that a merger/buy-out with ual would accomplish, collectively, some great things (assuming team impoTEMPE is discarded in any transaction):

integrity.

committment to our customers, specifically our fflyers.

innovation.

competency.

integrity.

oh, and i think i forgot to mention, integrity.

sonofsamsonite

Investors would not drive up the stock price with signed contracts. It would have the opposite effect if Doug agreed to all union demands for pay work rules, etc. To be honest I don't think the contracts have any impact on the stock price unless they were way out of line.

I find it more entertaining than the superbowl halftime that you think you have breaking news for us and all of wallstreet, Do the 5 day comparison with DAL and AMR, you will see the exact same activity.

Don't be surprised if these rumors are just that...rumors... a ploy to lure wall street day traders and short-term investors to buy on speculation of an acquisisition of USAirways so the execs and their Board can cash in some of their options and make some quick millions.

Quit stating the obvious. :up:
People only believe what they want to believe.
Not saying that it couldn't happen, Dougie and Glenn are looking for a payday and if they can spin investors into believing it, it will happen.

Regardless if it makes sense to us minions or the rest of the industry.

B) UT

Oh god I hope this can't be true! Why would UA want to buy this abortion of an airline and ruin itself with the acquisition?

May it only be that UA wants the routes, gates, and planes, and gets rid of the jokers that are running this airline and all of the miserable employees that go with it!

Oh god I hope this can't be true! Why would UA want to buy this abortion of an airline and ruin itself with the acquisition?

May it only be that UA wants the routes, gates, and planes, and gets rid of the jokers that are running this airline and all of the miserable employees that go with it!

Comment deleted by Moderator as offensive to some of the posters.

[quote name='PHLfa88' post='569228' dateDelteted by Moderator
They will continue to fly us as long as we are still a bus.... w/ the cheapest ticket...

Bus fare.....= Bus riders..... the lowest of the low.... :down:

Latest posts