US 332 CLT-BOS-CLT eff 03/05/14

Looks like the flight tomorrow arrives at B8, that's the end of the main pier (not shuttle gates).

Josh

Anyone know why they are trying to stuff a 330 on B16 in CLT? B14 is slated for one also, but the gate at 16 is tight...

LD3 said:
Anyone know why they are trying to stuff a 330 on B16 in CLT? B14 is slated for one also, but the gate at 16 is tight...
Looks like it is arriving at B8 tonight.

Josh

LD3, they have been for several years been using gates on B and C for the A330 or B767.

Years ago we use to use C4 and C6, and B9 and B11.

LD3 said:
I was asking about CLT not BOS.... It's slotted for D10 in CLT

Not nearly as familiar with CLT as I am BOS, but it looks like most of the international flights leave from D.

700UW said:
LD3, they have been for several years been using gates on B and C for the A330 or B767.

For international flights at CLT? Are the D gates newer?

As for BOS US has used B-1 pier as long as I can remember.

Josh

International departures can depart from any gate, its the arrivals that must go to D-Con unless they are precleared.

700 this is off topic but heard last night a line was going away for mx? you can just pm if you want

CLTRAT,

This was discussed back in January, since the 734s are gone and the narrowbody Airbus Aircraft HMV overhaul which is an S-Check is done on a five to six year basis, there are white spaces in the schedule, US has brought back some Widebody overhaul in-house, and there will be some mod and drop in work, but CLT and PIT will both lose some headcount.

Its around 50 jobs in CLT, but there is a no layoff clause and there has to be a minimum of 675 jobs kept between CLT and PIT Heavy Mtc.

Yup, now it's B11 & 15 for the 330, those gates have been marked with the alternate WB lines, ...Last night there were a slew of people jockying a 330onto B16, but that not going to be parked on B16 & B12 until April...C ramp had the WB alt lines removed a number of years ago..

in case anyone is still worried ,there are trainers in both BOS and PHX awaiting 330's from CLT

Reactions: 1 person