US AFA Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berlitz is a wonderful and very expensive program. $1500 will get you one class, far from being fluent enough to pass the LODO test. The LODO test is one hour long and more than just conversational.

Just because a f/a is LODO qualified doesn't mean they can't use the AIL and the ETB to pick up other trips. Hence the problem with hiring before all are recalled. As far as flying 4 and getting payed for 6 I don't even know where to begin with the uproar that would create.

How many people do we still have on furlough? I thought that all had been called back.

Also if you do fly a trip that is scheduled with a LODO and you don't have one file for understaffing. I have flown MEX twice in the last 6 months w/o a LODO and got understaffing!

The MEC have been in a coma since they took office.I hope they realize that sooner or later the mummified membership will awake and wont' take prisoners.This is there last free trip.Get out on the line and quit hiding behind your desks.How pathetic to have to look at yourselves in the mirror.For the newest LEC President in PHL he sure is jaded.There is no love amongst the LEC Presidents that make up the MEC that I assure you. John doesn't communicate anything at all he is too busy taking snipes at people and being the holy receptionist of the court known as council 70. We are just the fools to amuse him.

Berlitz is a wonderful and very expensive program. $1500 will get you one class, far from being fluent enough to pass the LODO test. The LODO test is one hour long and more than just conversational.

Just because a f/a is LODO qualified doesn't mean they can't use the AIL and the ETB to pick up other trips. Hence the problem with hiring before all are recalled. As far as flying 4 and getting payed for 6 I don't even know where to begin with the uproar that would create.

How many people do we still have on furlough? I thought that all had been called back.

Also if you do fly a trip that is scheduled with a LODO and you don't have one file for understaffing. I have flown MEX twice in the last 6 months w/o a LODO and got understaffing!

$1500 is what it would cost US Airways with the tuition reimbursement program. I'm not talking about the rate they give to the regular Joe.

The biggest drawback of Berlitz is the cost. For one level of study, which normally includes 30 hours of study, you can expect to pay around $1500.

From the HUB 2009 Tuition Assistance Program:

Full time employees are eligible for a yearly maximum of $1000
Part time employees are eligible for a yearly maximum of $500

Berlitz and Flight Attendant LOD/Os
Please set realistic expectations - attending a single Berlitz course does not necessary qualify you for a LOD/O position. A level of proficiency (in the mid-range of a High 4 or a Low 5) in the language is required and proficiency generally requires an extended course of study. If you have questions on Flight Attendant LOD/O qualifications please contact your inflight supervisor.

It's a suggestion which would benefit the company and the FA's. If you come up with any better ideas that doesn't violate our contract or set a precedence that will turn around and bite us in the butt in the future please let me know.

There are no "better" ideas. I'm amazed that the company is even planning on having an intepretor on the TLV flights and wouldn't be surprised if that goes away quickly. As far as our contract the LODO position is an "add" position. A LODO is not a requirement per the FAA and is considered a courtesy for our pax. You will find in the summer many transatlantic flights go out w/o a LODO. Also when scheduling is in critical coverage mode they will not staff the LODO position keeping RSV LODO's for domestic flights. RSV LODO's get quick called just like everyone else when scheduling is short.

Once again I ask how many f/a do we have on furlough that have to be called back before we can hire again? It is the only way I see any new LODO's coming into the company. Last I looked we need them for almost all languages this summer.

Once again I ask how many f/a do we have on furlough that have to be called back before we can hire again? It is the only way I see any new LODO's coming into the company. Last I looked we need them for almost all languages this summer.

You can check the HUB to see how many FA's are still on furlough.

With all the hoopla going around about our contract and negotiations and such,I would like to know where our JNC is getting ideas for a single agreement. Much of the word on the JS is that they want to adopt alot of the current West polices (ie, tagging, needing to call in for release, for reserves) and to regurgitate the rest with current east policies. (My god Magnum can we at least get a crew software that isn't DOS based??? :blink: :blink: :blink: ) Most of the rules in place now (on both sides) are draconian.

My thought is that there are some AFA agreements in force now with so many improvements that FAs actually like (now THERE's a concept) and that we may be able to incorporate. Also, has anyone looked at SWAs? CO? I'm not saying we should adopt their "whole" agreement, but sometimes its good to look at another perspective and take the best parts and incorporate it into what we currently have. Who knows it may even save the company money........... A happy doug is well ...... buzzed! BUT the main point is that maybe, just maybe we can get a contract we ALL can live with (and on!)

East's contract in 2000 was one of the best in the industry, though times have changed (duh!) we still have an opportunity to come up with something that will be an improvement and that other companies will look to us! (can you say run-on sentence ;-)

What I would REALLY like to know, is our JNC looking at other AFA (and those outside the AFA realm) agreements so we can glean some great ideas and actually have a contract EVERYBODY would be happy with???

Looking at the USAirways East System Seniority List Jan. 2009 the last class hired was Jun. 25, 2001. I know for a fact that the f/a 4 from the bottom is back on property in CLT. So I guess that means all invol. furloughs are back. I know there are many people to took the buy out that have recall rights but how many would really come back?

Like a one named Teddy. Ah my xryso mou as they say in Greek. They need to offer M E D I C A L and then flush the list. If a merger were to happen they better flush the lists. No one wants that crap and there are people that are willing to go. Esp those that want to bridge to medicare.

Invols were forced back, but there are some vols still out.

What do you mean forced back?

Even if given a bridge to medicare many just can't afford to leave. We have folks that are double and triple dipping that are medicare qualified that won't leave. Take a look at the gals on transatlantic that have 30+ years that still fly 90-110 hrs.

I took the time to email the MEC VP last week telling her I had some serious questions. What everyone needs to know is that she is going to resign. Yep, that's right, resign. Once the hearing board is done she said no matter what shakes down, she will be resigning. So it seems those saying she is doing this for power are wrong. So with that out of the picture, I'm left to wonder what then would be her motive for tattling on people? I told her I thought all 3 of them should go, and she agreed. That was surprising. I expected an argument.

Well after todays meeting I hope you understand that she has no intention of resigning. She was asked are you going to resign and she replied NO.

She needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts