US AFA Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot be the ONLY person that pops on here and finds the threads virtually dead anymore. Nobody posts in the AFA thread anymore as all topics are lumped together. You have to fish and scan to understand what in HELL anyone is talking about. The Pilot thread though boring, at least their thread is about ONE issue. A big thing but ONE thing none the less. You have all kinds of AFA issues that you want to discuss and it gets lumped up and rolled into one thread. You can't have a clean, adult, information filled debate or conversation where you can express your views. Let's say you have a topic of discussion about duty periods and somebody will pop a post in about something totally off the wall. It's just absolutely DEAD here anymore. I'm <_> this close to saying adios again. BORING! ! ! !ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The sad thing is that many issues have been resolved through postings on usaviation. It was even made famous by a chick on the HUB during a crew news session with Doug. Ya know, while you can write a letter to "ask inflight" or whatever people (employees and management) alike read these boards. It's very difficult and quite frankly not fun and entertaining anymore. :(

I was very pleased to read that the company was going to adhere to our contractual language. A plus for change. :up:

Please, after AFA files a huge grievance and the company lawyers told Tempe drop it or get your butt kicked? That is what the eline said in a cute way. Just like it will be with the long haul crew rest. They can't follow the contract. Separate from the pilots? Your legality/duty rights will rank right up there with crew rest, boarding priority and crew meals :lol: :lol: Bird cage liner. Pull the jetway back....look at the livery. It's says USAIRWAYS....not Continental....not Southwest. This is the NEW US airways. They respect nothing. Respect is earned, not given away after so many lies.

I was very pleased to read that the company was going to adhere to our contractual language. A plus for change. :up:

I am glad that the Company is adhering to your contractual language because they are ignoring ours! In addition they are not "settling up" with us on Grievances that we have won in arbitration.

I am glad that the Company is adhering to your contractual language because they are ignoring ours! In addition they are not "settling up" with us on Grievances that we have won in arbitration.
I wonder if there is some kind of bulletin board that all employees could post grievances, without worrying about company imposed inquisitions? Perhaps more than one union could collaborate for more muscle.

Are you guys not going back into Section 6? CHAOS! Hey Hey Ho Ho Doug Parker has got to go! I thinks Tempe might be having a little diarrhea right now. Maybe now would be a good time to bang out a contract with AFA?
View attachment 8391

Are you guys not going back into Section 6?

We are making an effort, but it still has to be approved by the NMB. We have our day to plead our case in June. If we get the green light from the NMB we will resume Section 6 negotiations at that time. If not, everything remains status quo.

Hopefully with the new "labor-friendly" appointments to the NMB we will not be subjected to any resistance.

We are making an effort, but it still has to be approved by the NMB. We have our day to plead our case in June. If we get the green light from the NMB we will resume Section 6 negotiations at that time. If not, everything remains status quo.

Hopefully with the new "labor-friendly" appointments to the NMB we will not be subjected to any resistance.

From the AFA Council 66 MEC:

The National Mediation Board (NMB) has resumed Section 6 negotiations for former America West Flight Attendants. A federal mediator will resume talks on June 8-10 in Phoenix. The original America West Flight Attendant agreement became amendable in May 2004 and Section 6 negotiations began in February of that year.

I'm telling my fellow east flight attendants right now that if our west brothers and sisters go nose to nose with management you BETTER pull out your CHAOS shirts and stand up. I will most certainly support your fight through section 6 and if it comes down to throwing on the shirt and pulling the CHAOS card.....I'M THERE. It is just the kick in the pants that this management needs. Get the contracts DONE and quit the monkey business. I'm so fed up I can't really express how I feel about management/employee relations on here. Actually it would be time well spent in the cornfield. :lol:

Remember the AFA won an arbitration case after the IAM strike that they can honor a picket line and not come to work and not be disciplined, that langauage is also in the IAM Mechanic and Related CBA and Fleet Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts