US AFA Labor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, what BeachBoy said! I have a friend at UA and he said the very same thing last night. That there must be something more to this that we aren't all seeing because usually they don't like to bother with stuff like this from local councils. Wouldn't it be great if we could all be a fly on the wall at that hearing board?

In 2005 I was in PHL & I distinctly remember ethics charges that were dismissed by that same board on a local officer. Well now they are disciplining people for the exact same thing but letting certain local officers do what they like. Total joke in my book. I lost my faith in AFA during that debacle.

Innocent until proven guilty yes but where there is smoke there is fire. Right now we can't afford the haze of smoke PERIOD! You think the AFA Ethics Board would take this case if they found no merit to it? Guys, AFA loves to sweep any and everything under the rug if they can. They can't be bothered unless it's explosive. Trust me, why do you think it took so long to get to the Ethics board to take the case? Ms. Friend had her minions out in full force trying to stomp this out. It must have been big for the Ethics board to take it. To that note, the ethics boards will turn their heads if the possibly can. I have the feeling this is a big deal.

Where is it stated that there were charges that are ethics charges? I don't get it. Where is the information coming from and who is it coming from? I just read the const. and bylaws and it says something about ethic charges being confidential so I'm not sure why people think there are ethics charges. Is there going to be more charges if someone disclosed there were ethics charges pending when it's suppose to be confidential?

I don't have a good opinion of Pat Friend but how can she have any power over a decision to take ethics charges and who is on the ethics board?

I sat in front Doreen in the meeting and I have to agee with usphx. All she did was talk to Tim and the things she said were very rude and not something I would want to come out of the mouth of someone who is in office. Her remarks were very arrogant. Too arrogant for someone who wants to get people to believe her story. Tim said stuff like this was to be expected and don't worry.

Where are these so called ethics charges? Why did Mike Flores file ethics charges when he filed charges to get the mec president and mes sec. tres. kicked out of the union? Does anyone know how this works and if the 2 charges are one in the same. Sounds like Mike Flores really wants them out of power. How many charges have been filed by Mike Flores besides the first set of charges and this so called set of ethics charges?

C.R.

Because it's called the AFA "ETHICS" Board? :huh: Let it play out, recall them or
remain quiet. Just like Law and Order. But then again AFA ethics is a oxymorn.

Because it's called the AFA "ETHICS" Board? :huh: Let it play out, recall them or
remain quiet. Just like Law and Order. But then again AFA ethics is a oxymorn.

Are you yelling at my post or just yelling in general? Because my question are very valid.

Yelling? You have not seen me yell. Are you airing your drama on here or through your AFA bylaws? Hey you guys voted them in back in in the 90's. So you knew what you bought so to speak. I am sure the Teamsters would have been mildly interested.
Your question is inflammatory and differed to our internal network...however flawed.

Yelling? You have not seen me yell. Are you airing your drama on here or through your AFA bylaws? Hey you guys voted them in back in in the 90's. So you knew what you bought so to speak. I am sure the Teamsters would have been mildly interested.
Your question is inflammatory and differed to our internal network...however flawed.

Oh now I get it. Thanks Beachboy for making that clear.

Would anyone else care to address my earlier question? Has Mike Flores filed other charges and are those charges filed under ethics. If they are filed under ethics our afa const. and bylaws state any ethics charges are to be confidential. Is anyone able to confirm that Mike Flores filed other charges and if so are they filed under ethics.

C.R.

Don't think it matters how Mike Flores filed the charges. Seems Lisa blew the whole confidentiality thing out of the water when she put out a hotline and linked a copy of the actual charges to the hotline.

Oops. :shock: She can only blame herself or whoever put out the hotline.

From Section XV
4. All charges and investigations shall be kept confidential unless and until the Ethical Practices Committee finds reasonable cause to bring the matter to a hearing. The Committee shall adopt reasonable measures to ensure that confidentiality is maintained, including enforceable sanctions for breach of confidentiality.

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I'm reading this thing is that once the charges are set to be heard they don't have to remain confidential. Any lawyer types out there wanna clarify? Again, Lisa put the charges out for the entire internet to read, so not sure what your beef is. :unsure:

Don't think it matters how Mike Flores filed the charges. Seems Lisa blew the whole confidentiality thing out of the water when she put out a hotline and linked a copy of the actual charges to the hotline.

Oops. :shock: She can only blame herself or whoever put out the hotline.

From Section XV
4. All charges and investigations shall be kept confidential unless and until the Ethical Practices Committee finds reasonable cause to bring the matter to a hearing. The Committee shall adopt reasonable measures to ensure that confidentiality is maintained, including enforceable sanctions for breach of confidentiality.

Maybe I'm wrong but the way I'm reading this thing is that once the charges are set to be heard they don't have to remain confidential. Any lawyer types out there wanna clarify? Again, Lisa put the charges out for the entire internet to read, so not sure what your beef is. :unsure:

No real beef as you would say. Just curious is all. Ethics are under Section XV and the orginial charges are under Article X. Looks as if these 2 areas are treated different. Don't see any mention of confidential treatment under Article X like it's mentioned in Section XV. Anyway, don't see anyone in Washington raising the roof over the first set of charges being made public. Still would like to know why Mike Flores filed separate ethics charges and if so if the second hearing has been set. I think Mike Flores' first round of charges are set to be heard on
June 24th. When would his ethics charges be heard?

C.R.

I really don't know for sure that there are any second charges, I'm just repeating what I read on the 66 board. Probably shouldn't do that, huh? Oops again. I went back but the post was deleted at the posters request. ???? Maybe they figured what they wrote was a wrong or stupid or both and wanted it gone? I guess I could try and send them a pm but it isn't really some burning question I have. We already know there are charges, I don't think it matters how many, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't spend much time on that board unless s**t is going down or I'm looking to pick up trips, so I don't know many of the players over there.

Whew!!! Great googallamoogallie!!! (sp?)

Will ya'll please settle down a bit?

These things do take a bit of time...as they should.

Stop acting like a bunch of histerics. Bloody hell...

Chill............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts