US Airways Adds Flights to Belgium

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003

See Story

USA320pilot comments: Guess which pilot group cannot fly this service (except for TA exception, which could cause a transfer of Hawaii flying) and may not fly any European widebody flying for almost a decade? Furthermore, which pilot group can do nothing about it?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320pilot comments: Guess which pilot group cannot fly this service (except for TA exception, which could cause a transfer of Hawaii flying) and may not fly any European widebody flying for almost a decade? Furthermore, which pilot group can do nothing about it?
Guess which LGA-based pilot is wrong.....again.

Jim

:wacko: must be in hot pursuit of a new low.

IHOP has a new waffle called the Prater. Takes forever to make and isn't very satisfying. And it's served with NO SUBSTITUTIONS!

PineyBob said: "With your seniority or lack thereof and aircraft type you ain't flying it either so have a freaking seat in the crew room and shut your pie hole."

USA320Pilot comments: That's untrue - I hold the seniority to bid and fly it. My post is accurate because unless there is a resolution to the seniority list problem there will be no joint contract.

USA320Pilot said: "Guess which pilot group cannot fly this service (except for TA exception, which could cause a transfer of Hawaii flying) and may not fly any European widebody flying for almost a decade? Furthermore, which pilot group can do nothing about it?"

BoeingBoy said: "Guess which LGA-based pilot is wrong.....again."

USA320Pilot comments: Section II of the Transition Agreement, Period of Separate Operations paragraph four states, "pilots of the America West Seniority List will operate the aircraft in service of America West on the effective date of this Letter of Agreement and pilots of the US Airways Seniority List will operate the aircraft in service of US Airways on the effective date of this Letter of Agreement.

Paragraph "2e" of the Transition Agreement states, the current and announced flying, as of the effective date of this agreement, between points west of the Mississippi River and the State of Hawaii will be flown by America West pilots. The current and announced flying, as of the effective date of this agreement, between points east of the Mississippi River and Europe and the Caribbean will be flown by US Airways pilots. Notwithstanding the above, up to two daily roudn trips to Europe, up to two daily round trips toe the Caribbean, and one daily round trip to Hawaii may be flown by pilots of hte other airline.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Well if I don't get to fly to Belgium that means I also don't have pilots without active jobs during the merger jumping ahead of me. Sounds like a good trade off for me. Enjoy Europe.

Best Wishes

b737fo

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

What is wrong with you? Why would you act like (moronic White House inhabitant), who I would off in an instant for that very reason? Why would you stir the pot or stick it to someone who hasn't realized he is down and out yet? Kick someone when they are down. Why?

B737Fo,

B737FO said: "Well if I don't get to fly to Belgium that means I also don't have pilots without active jobs during the merger jumping ahead of me. Sounds like a good trade off for me. Enjoy Europe."

USA320Pilot comments: Your comment above sounds as if we may have the making of a compromise. How about if we create a permanent fence around PHX/LAS or any base west of the Mississippi River where East pilots cannot bid these bases and a permanent fence around CLT/DCA/PHL/BOS/LGA/PIT or any base east of the Mississippi River where West pilots cannot bid any of these bases?

Then I believe the East MEC would encourage the Nicolau Award to stand and actively pursue a joint contract.

This preserves all of the America West pre-merger flying and all othe East pre-merger flying maintaining career expectations. Two additional points would be shared growth and shared Section 1 scope protection.

How about this option as the foundation of deal to move the process forward?

Regards,

USA320pilot

USA320Pilot comments:paragraph "2e" of the Transition Agreement states, the current and announced flying, as of the effective date of this agreement, between points west of the Mississippi River and the State of Hawaii will be flown by America West pilots. The current and announced flying, as of the effective date of this agreement, between points east of the Mississippi River and Europe and the Caribbean will be flown by US Airways pilots. Notwithstanding the above, up to two daily roudn trips to Europe, up to two daily round trips toe the Caribbean, and one daily round trip to Hawaii may be flown by pilots of hte other airline.

And there, in black and white, is why you're wrong when you say:

One only has to be bright enough to read.....

Jim

BoeingBoy,

You’re kidding right? Nah...because you have always had the chameleon syndrome on two different message boards. One aligned with the RC4 and their misrepresentation and one with a differnet public image.

Too bad you cannot do that anymoe, huh?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Just a question. I know the basic answer: money. But outside of money, just a question.

Why is it that pilots put a premium on widebody international flying? I don't understand it. It is hard, nasty, dirty, debilitating, ugly work. Why do we put a premium on it? Because it is so ugly? So many of my fellow pilots I know have been beaten down and physically decimated by doing that kind of flying. I can think of no greater hell than droning around the world in a widebody. It makes absolutely no sense to me why this is highly coveted flying. It just begs common sense. Really. I can't think of a more nightmarish job than flying a 747 or an A340 and I'll include a 757 and a 767 in there. I hope to God I am never forced into one of those airplanes.

Bob

You’re kidding right?
Dead serious - try reading what it says instead of what you want it to say. You don't even need any Jerry Glass "Interpreting pilot agreements" glasses....

Nah...because you have always had the chameleon syndrome on two different message boards. One aligned with the RC4 and their misrepresentation and one with a differnet public image.
By the way, does it make you feel tough to hide behind a PC and insult others? Personally, I believe that lacks courage.

Jim

Just a question. I know the basic answer: money. But outside of money, just a question.

Why is it that pilots put a premium on widebody international flying? I don't understand it. It is hard, nasty, dirty, debilitating, ugly work. Why do we put a premium on it? Because it is so ugly? So many of my fellow pilots I know have been beaten down and physically decimated by doing that kind of flying. I can think of no greater hell than droning around the world in a widebody. It makes absolutely no sense to me why this is highly coveted flying. It just begs common sense. Really. I can't think of a more nightmarish job than flying a 747 or an A340 and I'll include a 757 and a 767 in there. I hope to God I am never forced into one of those airplanes.

Bob
For sure not everyone likes Int'l flying, many do it because it is the highest paying. I enjoyed it and found it much easier than west to east redeyes. Have you actually done the kind of Itn'l flying we do?

Why is it that pilots put a premium on widebody international flying? I don't understand it. It is hard, nasty, dirty, debilitating, ugly work. Why do we put a premium on it? Because it is so ugly? So many of my fellow pilots I know have been beaten down and physically decimated by doing that kind of flying. I can think of no greater hell than droning around the world in a widebody.

Bob

At least one of the major European carriers (KLM?, SAS?) pays pilots on a seniority basis, regardless of aircraft type. Many senior pilots, tired of crossing time zones and being away from home days at a time, fly short haul routes and are home most nights. (And it frees up slots for younger pilots who want to fly a 747 to Australia.)

Back