US Airways Adds Flights to Belgium

See Story

USA320pilot comments: Guess which pilot group cannot fly this service (except for TA exception, which could cause a transfer of Hawaii flying) and may not fly any European widebody flying for almost a decade? Furthermore, which pilot group can do nothing about it?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I almost posted a smartas# reply here but realized it's not worth it. Just to let you know A320 pilot: AWA is not going to negotiate the award. That is per resolution and backed up by overwhelming sentiment on the West side. Those are the cold hard facts. Spreading FUD on this board will not help your cause.

So you can either accept that and enjoy the Belgium flights or else you can burn the airline down and get in line for a job at NetJets. The sad and ironic thing is that burning the airline down will only cost the employees. Parker and Kiby have already sold millions in stock and several of the big players have cashed out Hundreds of Millions. It's all in the hands of a couple thousand east pilots.

I almost posted a smartas# reply here but realized it's not worth it. Just to let you know A320 pilot: AWA is not going to negotiate the award. That is per resolution and backed up by overwhelming sentiment on the West side. Those are the cold hard facts. Spreading FUD on this board will not help your cause.

So you can either accept that and enjoy the Belgium flights or else you can burn the airline down and get in line for a job at NetJets. The sad and ironic thing is that burning the airline down will only cost the employees. Parker and Kiby have already sold millions in stock and several of the big players have cashed out Hundreds of Millions. It's all in the hands of a couple thousand east pilots.

I am starting to see DOUBLE!

See Story

USA320pilot comments: Guess which pilot group cannot fly this service (except for TA exception, which could cause a transfer of Hawaii flying) and may not fly any European widebody flying for almost a decade? Furthermore, which pilot group can do nothing about it?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

A new low ...

Seriously now,

ShutTheFuckUp.jpg

How about this option as the foundation of deal to move the process forward?

I'm assuming you have seen where the HP MEC has basically said "that would have been good if you guys had the decency to suggest it before arbitration?"

Have you asked your MEC why that did not happen? Have you?

I'm assuming you have seen where the HP MEC has basically said "that would have been good if you guys had the decency to suggest it before arbitration?"

Have you asked your MEC why that did not happen? Have you?

What possible difference does all the "Nyaah-nyaah"..."It should have been done before" BS make to the current situation?

In a "perfect world" we'd all be without this current strife, and the nightmare we've actually got to deal with....SO WHAT?
Perhaps it's all fallout from the fact that the seniority scramble's such a recent event...and it's easy for us all to just get "stuck on stupid", by way of gut-impulse responses to what's an emotionally supercharged situation.

Maybe it's just too soon, but: Isn't it reasonable to seek out some/ANY potential methodology to make this mess into something that's actually workable?

What possible difference does all the "Nyaah-nyaah"..."It should have been done before" BS make to the current situation?

In a "perfect world" we'd all be without this current strife, and the nightmare we've actually got to deal with....SO WHAT?
Perhaps it's all fallout from the fact that the seniority scramble's such a recent event...and it's easy for us all to just get "stuck on stupid", by way of gut-impulse responses to what's an emotionally supercharged situation.

Maybe it's just too soon, but: Isn't it reasonable to seek out some/ANY potential methodology to make this mess into something that's actually workable?

Uh....NO!!! Next question.......... <_<

No it's too late...Do you get it yet. AWA will not re-negotiate this award. You don't always get a third chance in life and the East side turned down at least two chances to back off the DOH position. Blame your reps and your MC. But don't expect the west side to open up our wallets to fix your perceived loss.

No it's too late...Do you get it yet. AWA will not re-negotiate this award. You don't always get a third chance in life and the East side turned down at least two chances to back off the DOH position. Blame your reps and your MC. But don't expect the west side to open up our wallets to fix your perceived loss.

Fair enough...but do give a call the very moment that you ever see anything positive actually happen due to this "award". It's been said that you guys are stagnating out there. Recalls are happening in the east. More international flying's set to go east. Future flying's iffy..but the east works cheaper. The "award" is purely predicated upon a "Joint Contract". You're about to be stuck trying to negotiate a contract with just your 1800 people. No threats intended, nor do I have any power to issue such if I wanted to...merely a personal assessment of what's actually going on in the real world that we all do live in.

Have fun thumping your chests out there if it makes you happier than striving for some options that might help this mess.

Blah-blah-blah ... because you have always had the chameleon syndrome on two different message boards.

:wacko: must see :wacko:'s reflection in everything :wacko: views.

:lol: ... and the laughs just keep on coming ... :lol:

Please give :wacko: deep well digging in order to seek a new and uglier low for $1,000, Alex.

B737Fo,

B737FO said: "Well if I don't get to fly to Belgium that means I also don't have pilots without active jobs during the merger jumping ahead of me. Sounds like a good trade off for me. Enjoy Europe."

USA320Pilot comments: Your comment above sounds as if we may have the making of a compromise. How about if we create a permanent fence around PHX/LAS or any base west of the Mississippi River where East pilots cannot bid these bases and a permanent fence around CLT/DCA/PHL/BOS/LGA/PIT or any base east of the Mississippi River where West pilots cannot bid any of these bases?

Then I believe the East MEC would encourage the Nicolau Award to stand and actively pursue a joint contract.

This preserves all of the America West pre-merger flying and all othe East pre-merger flying maintaining career expectations. Two additional points would be shared growth and shared Section 1 scope protection.

How about this option as the foundation of deal to move the process forward?

Regards,

USA320pilot

How about NO FENCES. There are pilots from East and West that would like to minimize their commutes.

Just hope ALPA National has the cojones to send the Nicolau Award back to square one.

I understand BRU is going year round with a 767 in the winter. This is right from a company rep in charge of international. It will operate 4 days a week in the winter. So will DUB. Good news as its a great destination.

I hope that we stay in BRU , since this is now our third try.

I believe this is just our second try. It was started in 5/01 and ended just 9 months later, but I'm sure 9/11 killed just about any chance the route had. BRU is a competitive market though as it's the only city aside from LGW/LHR, FRA, and CDG that will be served by the "Big Six" legacy carriers once NW starts service next week (Of course the Belgian flag carrier doesn't fly to the US).

I understand BRU is going year round with a 767 in the winter. This is right from a company rep in charge of international. It will operate 4 days a week in the winter. So will DUB. Good news as its a great destination.

ZRH will also be year-round - 4 times weekly with a 767 in the winter.

Back