Gate Agreement Allows US Airways to add European Flights

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Gate Agreement Allows US Airways to add European Flights

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: By October, a decision should be made on US Airways' proposed merger with Delta Air Lines, which may make Delta's move to the "A" East Concourse unnecessary.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

US Airways, Southwest resolve gates – Settling the impasse in Phila. will allow both carriers to add flights, US Airways’ to Europe

US Airways would also like to offer flights to five or six additional European cities

USA320Pilot comments: Another thought…Could US Airways’ acceptance of this gate agreement mean that the Tempe “executive suiteâ€￾ believes the proposed merger with Delta Air Lines will proceed and then US Airways will obtain full use of the “Aâ€￾ East gates on October 15? Moreover, with more Southwest PHL presence could this gate agreement and proposed Southwest expansion somewhat reduce merger antitrust objections?

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob:

I do not like the reduced service levels or the reduced employee pay and benefits. The industry has changed foreover, both for the customer and the employee...no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I guarantee you nobody at US Airways likes the reduction in service, the company's problems, or the pay and benefit plans.

However, US Airways is trying to maximize revenue to fix many of its problems and to adjust to the new market place. Are all of the decisions right? Maybe, maybe not, but most employees are trying to fix the comapny's issues.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

However, US Airways is trying to maximize revenue to fix many of its problems and to adjust to the new market place. Are all of the decisions right? Maybe, maybe not, but most employees are trying to fix the comapny's issues.

Bull crap! LCC is trying to maximize revenue to send as much money as possible to stakeholders.

Prove me wrong.

CO & UA seem to be offering a higher level of service while maintaining profits.

As for no one liking the reduced service levels, Somebody must be OK with it as somebody is approving it.

They could fix the open issues AND maintain levels of service if they would actuall RUN THE AIRLINE instead of engaging in all manner of arbitrage and managements self serving agenda

Bob, I thought you jumped ship and moved on to another carrier.

NOT YET!

What and give up being a constant thorn is US's side? Consider if you will:

That in 6 prior pre merger years of CP status I had exactly SIX complaints that rose to the level of a formal compliant to Consumer Affairs/Customer Relations and now post merger after a 6 months "Pardon our dust" Grace period I now have a dozen. What does that tell you?

It should tell you that your company is incompetent in the following ways.

1. 15 months of web site he!! is 8 months TOO LONG!

2. The inability of the west ops management to coordinate and manage 2 hubs to the point that they feel confident putting gate assignments on flights connecting through PHX.

3. Continued inability to understand the east VFF & FF. Unless of course they are sending a clear message to us and we don't want to listen.

4. Using Rez agents for web support and having them tell me to change my internet security settings and violate my own company policy. Funny thing is that all of the other carriers have web pages that deal with my security setting just fine. Could it be that Joe Beery is a living breathing recto-cranial inversion???

5. Inability to manage customer expectations. Much of what happens/ed with the web could have been avoided. Now we get spin BS e-mails telling us of all the "Improvements" to the web site. WOWEEEEEE It's improved all the way up to HorseSh!t!!!! Impressive.

6. What would you wager you miss the Rez system migration target date like you've missed every other target?

7. Where do I send my cleaning billls for wrinkled business attire due to the lack of a suitable place to have it hung? To you ???? Boy Genuis??

8. You forget that I was in Sky Harbor the day the FAA almost grounded the entire airline.

I really resent you and others in the Sandcastle peeing on my sneakers and then trying to tell me, "oh look! it's raining"

Perhaps we should change the name of the Sandcastle to the "Litterbox" because customers are continually crapped on and then coved with Spin (sand) to hide the real truth.

BTW I'm taking the approach that I was here when the
Brain Trust took over and I'll be here when they are gone. Just FYI there will be another compliant to the DOT today over yesterdays web site fiasco. I don't back down. Frankly I'm waiting for US to contact my employer to try to silence me. To my mind there is no level to low that they will not stoop to.

Don't Let the Door Hit You in The Arse!Bah..Bye!

Kudos....PineyBob! We need people like you around here to point out ALL the stupidity and ineptness that occurs on a daily basis! Because we all know that the so-called management has their heads so far up DP's @ss that they can't see what a lousy operation it is! Thanks again for not jumping ship....at least not yet!

Kudos....PineyBob! We need people like you around here to point out ALL the stupidity and ineptness that occurs on a daily basis! Because we all know that the so-called management has their heads so far up DP's @ss that they can't see what a lousy operation it is! Thanks again for not jumping ship....at least not yet!
As long as he doesn't take this attitude with the lowest employee's. The ones answering his phone calls when he calls in to complain. This type of thing should be addresssed to the people who can make a difference. Not the front line employee who is just trying to make a living answering his questions at the ticket counter/gate or on the phone and doing/saying what they are told by management.
Geek

I thought this topic was about the PHL gate agreement.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It began that way, and if :wacko: had any competency in social intercourse, :wacko: would realize that often, in any legitimate conversation or discussion, with actual give-and-take, any subject leads to another and morphs into something entirely different, yet again. One would have to possess actual social skills to be cognizant of that, however. And the laughs just keep on coming. . . :lol:

It would be amazing if US would fix and ammend and otherwise patch-up those things which once worked rather smoothly and seamlessly before taking another dance partner, and one that has turned down the invitation, at that.

Happy New Year!

Would have been a good thread, but it was taken over again by Delta V U.S and moaning pax who should get a life and if they are not happy go to another carrier, but i'm sure they would flood other airlines threads on how they did not get an uprade and how many miles they have.. blah blah blah..

5 New cities. Any ideas?? BHX???

Back