US Airways ALPA MEC Code-a-phone update (extract)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line.

Any west Captain with DOH later than his east FO can expect to do most everything themselves.

BTW, every east FO should carry the POI phone number for those inevitable instances where the west Captain is a little ignorant about 121 operations.
---------------------------------------------

I can't wait for something like that to happen

on my flight deck. Talk about exercising captain's authority. No matter what one's perspective on company matters may be the day I fly with an eastie who does something like usssnark suggests will be the last day that f/o flies the line. I'll be on the phone to professional standards, the chief pilot and the FAA before he has time to get his bag out of the cockpit. I'll put up with a lot of crap on the flight deck but I won't put up with a pilot intentionally being derelict and dangerous. The first time the gear doesn't come up means we go right back and land and I get another f/o.

I really can't wait to see what kind of an adult professional pilot idiot would actually do something like this!

Bob

I'm angry, L4Pi, gets threatened to be thrown off the vertically challenged USA320 Pilots Aircraft? And NOT me?

Why it's an outrage.

I demand to be threatened :up:

Sorry Piney, you need to wait your turn.

As for the vertically challanged one, I just wish I could be there to see what happens whenever it happens. Maybe we could get a cell phone video of it.

Bottom line.

Any west Captain with DOH later than his east FO can expect to do most everything themselves.

BTW, every east FO should carry the POI phone number for those inevitable instances where the west Captain is a little ignorant about 121 operations. A phone call followed up with the typical forms likely will decimate their numbers. Have a good day.

Your arrogance and ego are showing again there Snarkie.

I have been aboard several West flights on the jumpseat and I can tell you the pilots have been nothing less than professional in every way.

In fact, they are every bit as good as their East counterparts. Except for the use of the "Cactus" call sign, you could not distinguish their operation from the East. Excellent aviators and just plain nice folks.

The only difference is the West aircraft look a lot cleaner and better maintained than the East fleet. I believe someone is actually tasked with flight deck and cabin appearance and does the job well.

And I'll bet a lot of their youthful F/O's can quote FAR 121 Chapter and Verse and fly the hell out of the jet too.

While I'll put the overall experience level of the East Pilots on a pedestal, there's a lot to be said about youthful enthusiasm and a coworker that has not been jaded by a career of misfortune up to this point.

Maybe even a 3700 Hour Airbus pilot like you could learn a thing or two along the way from these professionals.

P.S. By the way, I understand that yesterday in "open session" that the PHL Reps. and JNC Member and Negotiating Committee Chairman Doug Mowrey publicly announced to the MEC that if John Prater endorses and turns the seniority list over to the company as is, we they be resigning their ALPA positions. Furthermore, it is Mowrey's belief that several others will follow. Apparently, they can can no longer support or work for an Association that would allow such a travesty for the US Airways pilots to prevail. Reportedly Mowrey said, "It will be time to get a new 'union'."

Could we be that lucky? It's those guys who pushed the "DOH or death" position in arbitration. It's those guys who got you this award. So far, they've done a good job of deflecting blame from themselves.

Bottom line.

BTW, every east FO should carry the POI phone number for those inevitable instances where the west Captain is a little ignorant about 121 operations. A phone call followed up with the typical forms likely will decimate their numbers. Have a good day.

You are the king of stupid!!! You make a statement like this on an open forum, one that the passengers you carry read as well??? You don't need to be on the flight deck of a airliner! You need to get back to a 172 or something where it can be all about you.

That really had to be the single most stupid thing you have ever posted. I'll have to go back and be sure because most of what you post is stupid but that one has to take the cake. BTW what is your DOH anyway?? Probably a CEL guy anyway...

You are the king of stupid!!! You make a statement like this on an open forum, one that the passengers you carry read as well??? You don't need to be on the flight deck of a airliner! You need to get back to a 172 or something where it can be all about you.

That really had to be the single most stupid thing you have ever posted. I'll have to go back and be sure because most of what you post is stupid but that one has to take the cake. BTW what is your DOH anyway?? Probably a CEL guy anyway...

I agree that we need to be careful what we post on a public forum. The confidence of our flying public has been eroded enough without statements to which AWA320 is refering. However, tact was certainly not your major in school.

A320 Driver B)

BoeingBoy, ...Blah-blah-blah... USA320Pilot comemnts:[sic] It's tough being a chameloen.[sic]
:lol: :lol: Perhaps there may be a feeble attempt being made here to insult another by calling them a name, i.e., chameleon? The record should be set straight about the chameleon. The chameleon's skin never changes color. The skin merely reflects colors that surround the chameleon because the skin contains cells called chromatophores. So, essentially, since the chameleon never changes at all, referring to Jim as a chameleon would mean that he remains solidly consistent. Wow, that would be an extremely nice compliment!! :up: Certainly, that was the real intent, wasn't it? Because as stated here before: "My kids do not insult others and are more mature than that". :lol: :lol:

Bottom line.

You are a miserable individual and should be ashamed of your comments. Future scabs such as yourself do nothing but dilute this profession. A lot of people have felt 'shorted' in their airline careers but it takes a rare individual to mis-direct that disappointment into actively trying to ruin the careers of other airmen.

Your tactics are so typical of the East. When bulheaded demands get you nowhere resort to anonymous threats. How ironic that the oldes pilot group in the US also happens to be the most immature. Those backpack wearing, ipod listening 22 year old Mesa fo's have more maturity and class than a large portion of the easties on this board.

USA320,

Better go reread the RLA and NMB guide, you quoted from sections that pertain to unrepresented groups.

I know how the process works, do you? Apparently not.

I have been involved in numerous organizing campaigns, inlcuding the largest ever victory in the airline industry, ie UAL CSA.

Both west and east pilots would need to sign 50%+1 cards to call for an election.

Also I see you finally admitted there is no such thing as a decertification in the airline industry. That is a first step.

And by your own words you said the law firm can aide in the "decertification of ALPA".

I agree that we need to be careful what we post on a public forum. The confidence of our flying public has been eroded enough without statements to which AWA320 is refering. However, tact was certainly not your major in school.

A320 Driver B)

You got me A320 however I saw no way to be tactful to such a statement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts