US Airways Announces New Routes

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
I see in the new schedule release that US will be flying 10 New routes this summer from Philadelphia. 4 New Routes from Charlotte, 3 New Routes from Phoenix and 4 New Routes from Las Vegas.

2 Daily Nonstops Philadlphia-San Jose, Ca.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-John Wayne/Orange County, Ca.
2 Daily Nonstops Philadelphia-Vancouver,B.C. Canada
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Reno, Nv.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Austin,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-San Antonio,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Albuquerque,N.M.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Salt Lake City, Ut.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Mexico City, Mexico
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Tucson,Az.

1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-Austin,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-San Antonio,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-Albuquerque,N.M.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-San Jose,Ca.

2 Daily Nonstops Phoenix-Buffalo
1 Daily Nonstop Phoenix-Providence
1 Daily Nonstop Phoenix-Ft. Myers, Fl.

1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Ft. Myers, Fl.
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Harrisburg,Pa.
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Montreal, Que. Canada
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Hartfort, Ct.

These nonstops will be available for purchase on April 1, 2007 at 10am (MST). All service will commence on July,1,2007.

They (management) cannot even handle the flts we have and now they are introducing more? Should prove to be an interesting summer. We have some great routes out of Philly and need bodies to work them. The Union has pled with Tempe to increase head count but it isn't happening. Dougie, can you hear us?

Nice catch, Non Rev!

:up: :lol:

The saddest part is that most of these routes make perfect sense. That should have been our tipoff that it was an April fool's joke. Little, if anything, from the Tempe crowd ever makes sense.

At first I took the bait. I was like, finally, synergies realized. But a quick check on .com showed nothing.

Too bad though, many of those routes make good cents( ;) ).

I always wanted to work in route planning back when I was with the company. When I knew a flight schedule was loaded I would spend many hours pulling up flights trying to find the latest additions and deletions.

As for Tempe, in the early days of the merger I saw them as our saviors, my opinion of them has done a total 180 and now see them as our own worst enemy. My heart goes out to everyone still there who has to put up with all the crap that goes on daily.

Hang tough maybe things will get better.....

I see in the new schedule release that US will be flying 10 New routes this summer from Philadelphia. 4 New Routes from Charlotte, 3 New Routes from Phoenix and 4 New Routes from Las Vegas.

2 Daily Nonstops Philadlphia-San Jose, Ca.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-John Wayne/Orange County, Ca.
2 Daily Nonstops Philadelphia-Vancouver,B.C. Canada
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Reno, Nv.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Austin,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-San Antonio,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Albuquerque,N.M.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Salt Lake City, Ut.
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Mexico City, Mexico
1 Daily Nonstop Philadelphia-Tucson,Az.

1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-Austin,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-San Antonio,Tx.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-Albuquerque,N.M.
1 Daily Nonstop Charlotte-San Jose,Ca.

2 Daily Nonstops Phoenix-Buffalo
1 Daily Nonstop Phoenix-Providence
1 Daily Nonstop Phoenix-Ft. Myers, Fl.

1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Ft. Myers, Fl.
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Harrisburg,Pa.
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Montreal, Que. Canada
1 Daily Nonstop Las Vegas-Hartfort, Ct.

These nonstops will be available for purchase on April 1, 2007 at 10am (MST). All service will commence on July,1,2007.

Assh :down: :down: e

Just wishful thinking on the routes. Too many of them need to be implemented. The only bad route would be Harrisburg-Las Vegas, and I believe that route would be ok for 3-4 days a week, just not daily.

It amazes me that we don't do more service from TUS. Every flight in and out of there is full. It doesn't matter what day of the week or time of the day...full, full, full. I've taken to simply driving instead of even trying to non-rev there out of PHX. We really could use one non-stop a day to an east city (CLT or PHL). I am sure it would do well.

It amazes me that we don't do more service from TUS. Every flight in and out of there is full. It doesn't matter what day of the week or time of the day...full, full, full. I've taken to simply driving instead of even trying to non-rev there out of PHX. We really could use one non-stop a day to an east city (CLT or PHL). I am sure it would do well.
They rather have 2 PHL-LAS flights that leave within 5 minutes of each other than use that flight somewhere where yields are greater. Same thing on the return, 2 red-eyes. What happens on tuesday flights, when they fly empty, do they still fly the 2 flights or just combine the flights. LAS is not a money maker, for anyone. How many $69 fares must they take? PHL-AUS would be a great route. The only way doing that is flying to PHX. Good for FF miles, but a pain in the butt flying.