New summer routes PHL-YHZ CLT-SJD CLT-PVR

Just curious any one know if Vancouver BC will ever return to PHL with non stop service? Seems like the route when it ran didn't work well being a late arrival into Vancouver. The company should look into Victoria BC with flights to PHX I hear the airport is expanding. I would like to see mainline service but would an EMB 175 have the range?

Just curious any one know if Vancouver BC will ever return to PHL with non stop service? Seems like the route when it ran didn't work well being a late arrival into Vancouver. The company should look into Victoria BC with flights to PHX I hear the airport is expanding. I would like to see mainline service but would an EMB 175 have the range?

I think YYJ could be a good addition for US from PHX too. It wouldn't be operated by a E75 (Republic) though, as YV has an exclusive contract on all RJ flying out of the PHX hub until 6/2012, so you would most likely be looking at a CR9. While far from ideal from a passenger-comfort perspective, it most certainly has the range as CR9s are used on PHX-YEG during parts of the year.

As for YVR, I think it would've had more of a chance if they had opted for a morning return out of YVR (instead of the red-eye) so that it could connect both ways to TATL flights. It probably didn't help that fuel hit $147/barrel the only summer that the route was around for.

I think YYJ could be a good addition for US from PHX too. It wouldn't be operated by a E75 (Republic) though, as YV has an exclusive contract on all RJ flying out of the PHX hub until 6/2012, so you would most likely be looking at a CR9. While far from ideal from a passenger-comfort perspective, it most certainly has the range as CR9s are used on PHX-YEG during parts of the year.

As for YVR, I think it would've had more of a chance if they had opted for a morning return out of YVR (instead of the red-eye) so that it could connect both ways to TATL flights. It probably didn't help that fuel hit $147/barrel the only summer that the route was around for.
An E-170/175 is not a RJ

And apparently USAPA, but that's not what I was referring to. The official FAA designation of the 170 family is ERJ - ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, ERJ-195. The "EMB" designation is used for the 145 and smaller Embraer commercial jets.

Embraer uses the ERJ designation for the 145's and just refers to the 170-195's as Embraer or the family as the E-Jets. According to Embraer, the only EMB is the EMB 120.

So while saying "ERJ-170" is proper per the FAA, saying "EMB-170" isn't proper per either the FAA or Embrear (and I'm as guilty of doing it as anyone else).

Jim