US Airways CEO hints more airline consolidation may be ahead

Anyway, I must correct you on one point TP72, you are very young, so I do not fault you, certainly not the old man that I am ;)
Oh I remember doing the service on Transcon. I had passengers actually say that the service was better than service they received on other carriers to Europe. My friends and I would fly on the 757 A and D all the time or the 767 and fly A D and G. The last few years though....oh say since 2000 our service has gone down hill. It has been cut, cut, cut. Though we have gone the route of LCC when I don't see besides our website and paycheck, we are turning our backs on the more important traveler. THE REPEAT CUSTOMER. I just don't get why the new US is doing some of the things they are doing to the FF's and the program when other carriers are falling over each other to attract you to their airline. Just does not make sense. I for one am a f/a that LOVES to do f/c and miss the division for transatlantic because it was the last true place to do what we as flight attendants do....SERVICE IN THE AIR. Before I get slammed for that last comment I know we are "Safety Professionals" first but we are in the service industry as well.

It is sad that we no longer offer the service that we once had. Thinking back at all that we used to do; it is amazing how far our service has fallen. Some F/As here may not have been around when we offered the "sunshine service", ice-cream and hot towels in coach, and a true first-class service. And a trans-continental service that we were really proud of! To think that some would serve a HALF mini in F/C is so unbelievable. You can not call it first class if you don't offer a F/C service. Call it coach plus.

I am the self proclaimed master of "Gotcha" and I play it with great passion and skill.

PB, they play that game with themselves so they can't get mad when we start playing. Could you imagine working with writy uppy people (I love that phrase, by the way) who turn you in for every procedural violation?????

I agree with the majority of the post...because the East people do try, that is why we stay. But this Tempe garbage is ridiculous.
No you don't! You've previously gone on and on and on and on about how you only stay on U when either they give away everything for free or it is your only choice due to schedule. FF programs are there to reward and promote loyalty, which in some cases seems like a pretty poor return on investment.

One person's unreasonable demands (luxury regardless of cost or loss) is not indicative of the performance of any airline especially when the credibility of that person is called into question.

Lastly, a culture of adhearance to rules has allowed U west to reap a harvest of an enviable safety record. Whatever they're doing, please carry on!

It is sad that we no longer offer the service that we once had. Thinking back at all that we used to do; it is amazing how far our service has fallen. Some F/As here may not have been around when we offered the "sunshine service", ice-cream and hot towels in coach, and a true first-class service. And a trans-continental service that we were really proud of! To think that some would serve a HALF mini in F/C is so unbelievable. You can not call it first class if you don't offer a F/C service. Call it coach plus.

I haven't been proud to say I am a f/a in many years. The management teams of the last ten years have degraded, belittled, and destroyed what use to be a very honorable, fun, and respected profession.

I too remember the glory days of a real f/c and coach that put AA and UA to shame. While our sucky marketing dept was bad about getting the word out, WE knew we were better. I remember we couldn't get the main course out without many stating they barely had enough room for the meal and hardly a soul took desert. Thats why we served it an hour and a half before landing.

Funny, when we had a real f/c, we made money. when we degraded f/c, we started loosing money. Makes you think.

BUT, for the record, EVEN then, people biitched about US Airway. We have always been the hated airline even when we gave the customer MUCH more. It's all in perception and the NEW US Airways must learn to bombard the airwaves with how fab we are and start kissing the media;s butts.

Why do you think JB gets high ratings all the time? They are based in the heavily based NYC media market, the CEO is a media whore (not a bad thing, btw) and they have live tv on their flights. NOBODY seems to care that their OTP SUCKS!! Its all in perception.

I still love my job. The pride comes in DOING an excellent job. If the new management teanm thinks I am cheapening the f/c product FURTHER, there's gonna be a battle in the barnyard and this is one where the customer will do battle WITH us...unless they run all the FF's off first.

Latest posts

Back