US Airways CEO calls for more consolidation

TWA had more than one flight to TLV at one point they had flights from Europe to TLV, they had a full station of employees including MTC, and they had retirees included in that #
And to me an AA/US combo is not a money maker, US/UA would compliment each other and basically the only overlap is IAD and PHL
The point was when the MERGER happened they had only ONE flight and 100 employees to work it. AA used the BK court to rid its self of that obligation.

First of all AA never filed bankruptcy, second yes the IAM gave up their lpp's in the TWA chapter 11 filing which was for US based employees.

Since maybe you can explain to me or myabe HP_FA that how a US based company filing bankruptcy could affect Israeli based employees who were in a labor union based in Israel and worked under Israeli labor laws and not US. And if I am not mistaken AA screwed those employees and won't fly to TLV as the plane would be seized to make those employees whole who AA screwed.

Jim- take a deep breath. I assure you most of us have no interest in merging with AA. To be honest many if us shudder at the mere thought.

Oh, beach don't worry. I'm not hyperventilating or anything. It was a serious question. People go around saying AA is going to merge with (fill in the blank). My question is (or was) if the name in the blank is LCC, what would they bring to the merger that AA needs. We fly most of the places you fly except the small towns on the Eastern Seaboard served by Express. We have almost totally incompatible fleets. You are predominantly Airbus. We are strictly a Boeing fleet. So, what is it LCC has that AA needs so badly they would be willing to take on the labor issues, etc. that LCC would bring as a dowry? It's not like it is labor peace heaven over here already, you know.

And, there is the other issue--that the company might not survive you and I working the same flight. :lol:

You and I working the same flight? Oh trust me put me on an Super80 I will have a meltdown. I never ever want to see another one of those things again. Never ending rag-mobile, tailcone strap drama. Eww yuk. Memories....
View attachment 8490

What would US bring to a merger that AA needs? The TLV route? AMR has no particular desire to fly to anywhere in the Middle East largely because of all the extra security you have to put in place on both ends. That's what we have OneWorld and codeshare partners for.

AA codeshares with LY.....and I think that LY has the most frequent service to/from TLV. ;)

There is more to it than having two carriers join with complementary routes. In essense there are just too many airlines around and one or more just needs to go out of business. I have a feeling old AWA is just going to die out no matter what the outcome of this merger or with another carrier. "Synergies" is just a fancy word corporate likes to throw around to sound nice instead of the "AXE".

I have a feeling right now LCC would merge with any willing airline. Trouble is nobody wants it. Kinda like the fat lady at the dance...

Oh, beach don't worry. I'm not hyperventilating or anything. It was a serious question. People go around saying AA is going to merge with (fill in the blank). My question is (or was) if the name in the blank is LCC, what would they bring to the merger that AA needs. We fly most of the places you fly except the small towns on the Eastern Seaboard served by Express. We have almost totally incompatible fleets. You are predominantly Airbus. We are strictly a Boeing fleet. So, what is it LCC has that AA needs so badly they would be willing to take on the labor issues, etc. that LCC would bring as a dowry? It's not like it is labor peace heaven over here already, you know.

And, there is the other issue--that the company might not survive you and I working the same flight. :lol:
Charlotte and slots at LGA and DCA

Charlotte and slots at LGA and DCA
About five hundred million dollars for some slots at LGA and and DCA along with a hub at CLT. Can Rod Roddy tels what AA will get? A large operation of flights competing head to head with SWA, and incompatible fleet of Airbus AC which would have to be replaced, and in-fighting employee groups over a failed merger. All this can be yours if the price is right?!?!

But I guess the real value is in the huge profits all this is making for U.

Though filled with problems and anger between employee groups my bet is still on a US/UA merger at some point. No splitting of east and west as people have assumed but as a whole. UA/US coupled with CO soon to be in STAR and you got the country covered. I'm no merger pro but don't think we'll see a UA/CO merger. Two sinking ships like UA and US are a match made in heaven. :lol: